Claire Sutton's Voice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Claire speaks slowly and clearly.....that'll do for me. She doesn't shout or gabble or um or er or say "d'you know what" every other sentence. And..........I thought her hair looked quite nice today.
Where's that hiding-behind-the-sofa smilie gone? Aha..............
sofa.gif

I don't think Claire is posh...I think she's decided to be faux posh and she doesn't pull it off at all.
She grew up and went to school in Rochdale.
I have no problem with her having elocution lessons but it's the fake and patronising manner in which she presents which I find offensive and very poor.

Claire said it was Maddy's Birthday last week and she was 8, don't know the ages of Joseph and Thomas though.

If I remember rightly Claire had her three children in 3 years,think Joseph is probably 11 now & Thomas about 9.

I think she's lovely,comes across as a really warm lady,not a bit up herself,doesn't own everything she presents & doesn't look for freebies.

(Unlike some people)

I like Claire too and feel her on screen personality oozes a lovely warm lady......great to have as a friend as I'm sure she'd be there for you in times of need. She comes across as being a super wife and Mum, busy creating a safe and secure home environment for her darling hubby and children and that is something very special in this day and age when there are so many broken marriages causing major upsets throughout families.

Claire is my least favourite presenter because of the way she speaks and the manner in which she presents.
That's all I judge her on.
She has spoken many times about the school she went to and puts on her Rochdale accent in fun when doing so, and I know the school she went to which certainly isn't posh.

As a tv shopping chanel presenter I don't rate her,but as a Mum,a friend,daughter,sister etc I have no idea as I don't know her of course!

I don't think Claire is posh...I think she's decided to be faux posh and she doesn't pull it off at all.
She grew up and went to school in Rochdale.
I have no problem with her having elocution lessons but it's the fake and patronising manner in which she presents which I find offensive and very poor.

Claire is my least favourite presenter because of the way she speaks and the manner in which she presents.
That's all I judge her on.
She has spoken many times about the school she went to and puts on her Rochdale accent in fun when doing so, and I know the school she went to which certainly isn't posh.

As a tv shopping chanel presenter I don't rate her,but as a Mum,a friend,daughter,sister etc I have no idea as I don't know her of course!

nowt wrong with being born & brought up in Rochdale, and nowt wrong with being born posh (unless your surname is Spice!). I don't find her fake & patronising or offensive, but you are perfectly entitled to say you do Lemonsqueezy, no argument with that, but I and several others it seems are of the opposite opinion!

I maybe completely wrong but from what I've heard her say I think she may well have a fun, wild time away from QVC.

Hasn't anyone else heard her speak of the adult dinner and fancy dress parties they have?

Heard her talk of being dressed as Cher and also a mermaid with a very long blonde wig covering.......

I recall when Ant Heywood left he said Claire flashed live on air at him, to which she replied never dare the Claire.

:blush:

I don't like Clare as a presenter but unless we know her personally how can we know what her life at home is like. We can only speculate. Her on screen persona maybe completely different to how she is at home.

I don't like Clare as a presenter but unless we know her personally how can we know what her life at home is like. We can only speculate. Her on screen persona maybe completely different to how she is at home.

I dare say it more than likely will be, unless she takes to selling stuff live from her living room.:giggle:

I dare say it more than likely will be, unless she takes to selling stuff live from her living room.:giggle:
:wonder: My point was that whilst she may be sweetness and light and talk in a little girly voice on telly when she is at home she could turn into Waynetta Slob with a fag hanging out of her mouth and talk with a broad Rochdale accent. Same applies to any of the so called celebs (not that QVC presenters are celebs).

:wonder: My point was that whilst she may be sweetness and light and talk in a little girly voice on telly when she is at home she could turn into Waynetta Slob with a fag hanging out of her mouth and talk with a broad Rochdale accent. Same applies to any of the so called celebs (not that QVC presenters are celebs).

Appears harsh, but you say you don't like her as a presenter. :confused:

Bit insulting to people with a Rochdale accent isnt it??

Personally, I love the Lancashire accent although I'm not a Lancastrian myself. In fact, I find all dialects extremely interesting, it's incredible how they can vary so much over such a small geographical area.

Bit insulting to people with a Rochdale accent isnt it??

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the accent but if you want to see it that way then fine. I just meant that when she was at home she may well slob out and talk in a different voice if that is insulting to the people of Rochdale then I am sorry.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the accent but if you want to see it that way then fine. I just meant that when she was at home she may well slob out and talk in a different voice if that is insulting to the people of Rochdale then I am sorry.

Thanks for that.

:sun:

You never know, Tupperware :mysmilie_845: (no Cooks Essen),
Avon :eek: (no LG, SB, YBF etc),
Ann Summers :mysmilie_13: (no Breezies, Spanx),
Betterware :mysmilie_498: (ditto CE and Household Helpers)

We all have to earn a crust! :bandit:

Liz Earle 'At Home' parties where the rest of the QVC presenters can slag off all the other make-up brands they flog......similar to Avon I know but it could turn into a bit of a "Ding-Dong"! :wink:

Fair enough, i just thought it was a bit mean to single out people from a particular place as an accent you'd associate with a fag-hanging-out-of-the-mouth slob. And no, I'm not from Rochdale ... Didn't realise I'd questioned it so rudely it warrnted disliking my post though.

Latest posts

Back