Claire Sutton..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know probably many woman probably say it but I find the way she calls her mum mummy very embarrassing. She used to say "wicked" to all the time not so long ago and I found that embarrassing too, come to think of it I find her constantly interrupting guests, banging on about her home life and her cleavage on show with her knockers hanging out embarrassing too..........to cut a long story short, I just find her presenting skills embarrassing full stop. But that's just my opinion though, we all have them :mysmilie_14:

I don't mind Claire as a presenter. She's not one of my faves but neither is she one I rush to switch off.

I do think her choice of vocabulary often sounds very twee and somewhat childish - but I don't think it's put-on. I like the fact that she doesn't claim to own or want or love everything she presents.

I like Claire too, she seems like a gentle person and nothing wrong with that. I think her hair is gorgeous but agree that the heavy black eye liner does nothing for her - or for anyone really. I always think it makes everyone's eyes look small and mean like a crow!

She's 48 (or nearly) , so i don't see her looking older as being surprising! - alright they'll always be the Marisa Tomei's out there who defy their years but i like Claire much more than most of the other presenters. BTW : i will watch Pipa , Claire , Sara & depending on the item Catherine.

No one is discussing Claire as a person, it's her presentation skills that are being discussed, she more than likely is a lovely person but I for one don't know her personally to comment on that, so like I say, it's her presenting that people are commenting on, which is the fact she acts immature and constantly interrupts her guests, although she's not the only one, who have taken the time an effort to turn up.

I also find her embarrassing and want to give her something to cover up with, too. The Barbie hair needs to go but if it did she'd lose the whole Barbie, girlie image which she obviously thinks sells things and what you'd be left with is a totally different image which might not. Sooner or later she'll be too old for the Barbie doll look, so if it was me, I'd cut my losses and my hair, drop the girlie presentation and be more natural, and I think what you'd see is a very nice, warm person who isn't as affected as a lot of them and she'd sell as much stuff, too.

I swear when Claire started at QVC she did not have the wanna be Marilyn Monroe voice.

It is the reason I cannot be bothered with her when presenting a show. Keep waiting for her to break into 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend':mysmilie_14:

No, no my apologies, just literally flicked over to hear her say "wicked" in an over excitable tone, my mistake.

I swear when Claire started at QVC she did not have the wanna be Marilyn Monroe voice.

It is the reason I cannot be bothered with her when presenting a show. Keep waiting for her to break into 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend':mysmilie_14:

"I wanna be loved by you.....boop boop be doo!" I can just imagine her singing that! Lol silly old mutton chop. Can't stand her!

I'd actually love to hear her sing that Julius. I think she'd be really good at it! I think she's a performer and that comes across but is that what's needed in that job? Maybe. I'm also one that cringes when grown women say "mummy" in public. Good God. If I called my mum "mummy" there'd be men in white coats at my door - and my mum would be the one to have phoned them LOL.

CC

No one is discussing Claire as a person, it's her presentation skills that are being discussed, she more than likely is a lovely person but I for one don't know her personally to comment on that, so like I say, it's her presenting that people are commenting on, which is the fact she acts immature and constantly interrupts her guests, although she's not the only one, who have taken the time an effort to turn up.

Well, the original post was about her appearance, not her presenting skills, so I guess it's OK to go off topic a bit?

Well, the original post was about her appearance, not her presenting skills, so I guess it's OK to go off topic a bit?

Like I said, no one is discussing her as a person, that first comment was about her appearance not her as a person, so I guess it's ok to misunderstand the meaning of a comment.

I agree or 'my parents' unless talking to a stranger in a professional capacity.

My brother used to use this term when talking to his wife!

Yes that does across a bit Norman Bates, I must admit though, come to think of it, in all honesty, I've never heard anyone, other than on the TV, call their mum "mother".........ever.

I like Claire, inoffensive and comes across as just a nice person. She has spoken about her depression and if her Q facade helps her get through a day then that is fine by me. Walk in someone's shoes and all that.

Latest posts

Back