Claire Sutton...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
now this is in no way a nasty thread and I am sure Claire is a lovely lady and a great Mum.... but i cannot watch her present anything anymore.
It's like watching shopping telly for 4 year olds,everything is yummy,delish,fabby or deeeevine and delivered in a singy songy contrived childlike voice.
It's not a good way to present imho ...so it's the off/mute button for me which is a shame really.:mysmilie_73:

I have to admit, when she starts getting too hyper and silly, I find her hard to watch, so don't, lol.. But when she's calmer, she's ok.. Im sure Claire is lovely in RL :mysmilie_1102:

now this is in no way a nasty thread and I am sure Claire is a lovely lady and a great Mum.... but i cannot watch her present anything anymore.
It's like watching shopping telly for 4 year olds,everything is yummy,delish,fabby or deeeevine and delivered in a singy songy contrived childlike voice.
It's not a good way to present imho ...so it's the off/mute button for me which is a shame really.:mysmilie_73:

I take it you have seen her presenting the cocktail mixes? I do like her but I agree she was a bit OTT in that presentation.

funnily enough I caught Debbie Flint doing the Decleor show yesterday. I admit this was probably the first show I had seen her do since her return, and it was embarrassing. At one time when talking to a TC who said she loved Decleor, Debbie said "what do you like about it, the VALUE?" (would have loved the camera to shoot to Fiona's face). She was talking throughout the show like Decleor was something you'd buy off a car boot sale and it was a breath of fresh air when Fiona was able to talk about some of the ingredients or ritual.

i don't reckon Debbie F has watched QVC since she left all those years ago :rolleyes: cos quite frankly, i know far more about every product than she does.....and yes, i know, that makes me a saddo but yeehaa it's xmas :)

i don't reckon Debbie F has watched QVC since she left all those years ago :rolleyes: cos quite frankly, i know far more about every product than she does.....and yes, i know, that makes me a saddo but yeehaa it's xmas :)

Could just see you presenting the food MrsJames. Exmoor Style Braised Battenburg Beef; Lime Tree Pantry Cornish Battenburg Pasty; Thorntons Dark Chocolate Coated Battenburg; EasyYo Greek Battenburg; Churchill's Festive Scottish Battenburg Shortbreads. Can you spot the theme? :mysmilie_17:

I know what you mean about CS :mysmilie_61:

Though the other day I was impressed whilst presenting a Lola Rose ring which came in her standard S M L XL sizing.
Claire got out the ring sizer and placed a couple of rings on it to give their lettered ring size.
She didn't appear to know how to correctly size them at first but in the end managed to give out the correct size.
I was impressed never seen a presenter take that trouble before.

In the same show she spoke with the model Nicola who I had recently reappeared this week and I knew she was expecting last I'd seen her.
Other presenters up till this hadn't mentioned her new arrival but Claire took the time to ask about her baby and paid her some lovely compliments about looking stunning with a young baby boy at home.

Later she had a laugh with Julia saying her sister was a seatee vegatable, which Julia said poor Nicola it's due to recently giving birth

:mysmilie_687: Claire

Could just see you presenting the food MrsJames. Exmoor Style Braised Battenburg Beef; Lime Tree Pantry Cornish Battenburg Pasty; Thorntons Dark Chocolate Coated Battenburg; EasyYo Greek Battenburg; Churchill's Festive Scottish Battenburg Shortbreads. Can you spot the theme? :mysmilie_17:

yes, but it took me 10 minutes :mysmilie_81:

;)

Claire sometimes goes a bit fairy-Godmother-in-the-Pantomime, but I rarely mind, because she comes across as warm, caring and genuinely interested in what she's selling.

Debbie Flint, in the other hand, is a presenter I've come to truly dislike. All she seems to be interested in is cost and value-for-money. I'm repulsed by the constant subliminal message she gives off that all 'we' care about is getting a good deal. It's as if we're going to buy in bulk, then take our booty down the market to resell at a profit. She dries my soul when she's on, so I switch off.

Not having a go either Lemon...we know you don't like Claire...every thread there has been knocking her you've contributed to. As me old mum says, if you've nothing good to say about someone say nothing!:mysmilie_11:

Les xxx

I have no feelings about Claire one way or another but as this is a forum I think we should be allowed our say. If we only said things about presenters we liked it would be pretty boring. Lemonsqueezy has not said anything nasty, it is her opinion and that is fine by me.

i didn't like DF when she was originally on qvc and i like her even less now. words such as condesending, snotty, snootty and up her own anus spring to mind!

apologises if i have offended anyone...

but i don't mind any of the other presenters.

Not having a go either Lemon...we know you don't like Claire...every thread there has been knocking her you've contributed to. As me old mum says, if you've nothing good to say about someone say nothing!:mysmilie_11:

Les xxx

I am sure if you re read my post you will see I said that I am sure that Claire is a lovely person and a great Mum.....that is a nice comment.

It is her presenting style I object to.
In future I shall only comment about products...

I am sure if you re read my post you will see I said that I am sure that Claire is a lovely person and a great Mum.....that is a nice comment.

It is her presenting style I object to.
In future I shall only comment about products...

I don't think you should be dictated to Lemonsqueezy. Just because someone doesn't like your post others including myself agree with your views or maybe don't agree with them but nevertheless would like you to continue posting as you want to. :mysmilie_1209:

funnily enough I caught Debbie Flint doing the Decleor show yesterday. I admit this was probably the first show I had seen her do since her return, and it was embarrassing. At one time when talking to a TC who said she loved Decleor, Debbie said "what do you like about it, the VALUE?" (would have loved the camera to shoot to Fiona's face). She was talking throughout the show like Decleor was something you'd buy off a car boot sale and it was a breath of fresh air when Fiona was able to talk about some of the ingredients or ritual.

I found her irritating. It was all hard sell. I like to watch the demonstrations but unfortunately Fiona did not seem to have enough time to do these.

[/B]

I don't think you should be dictated to Lemonsqueezy. Just because someone doesn't like your post others including myself agree with your views or maybe don't agree with them but nevertheless would like you to continue posting as you want to. :mysmilie_1209:

I agree Loveheart,and thankyou.

[/B]

:mysmilie_83: Easy madam!!!

Latest posts

Back