Claire Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Re Jill Franks' non-alcohol status - does anyone else remember seeing her spit out something live on air because it contained what she thought was alcohol and saying something like, "Your're not going to trick me this way" - it may have been chocolates or something?

I didn't see the incident but it was discussed and I think it might have been salad dressing. Would the offending ingredient have been wine vinegar? I don't think it has much alcohol in it and the small amount used in a salad dressing diluted by the other ingredients would make the alcohol content minimal.

Yes and it's odd that she has a qualification in nutrition but her unwillingness to cook is worn like a badge of honour.

you would think a real foodie would be perdantic about ingredients and freshness and quality. i think that jill will only eat fruit and veg (she seems to like the vitamix) and it shows. she far too thin

Yes and it's odd that she has a qualification in nutrition but her unwillingness to cook is worn like a badge of honour.

A qualification in nutrition and an unwillingness to eat anything substantial by the looks of her. It reminds me of Gillian McKeith, extreme about her diet but not particularly looking very well on it. It's not good to be too thin, especially as one gets older!

I am not attempting to diagnose someone I have never met, that would be very unprofessional, so this is not aimed at Jill F in person. But just to alert those of you who might be interested. There is a variation of anorexia, which sometimes leads to it, called orthorexia, in which the person becomes obsessed with eating only "healthy" food. The human body is designed to need some 'empty calories' so a bit of junk food now and then in moderation is actually healthy, as the body needs to draw nutritive substances from a wide variety of foods.

Exactly. As ever, science has discovered what Grannies always knew. Mine used to say "a little bit of what you fancy does you good".

Quite right too. I think to enliven proceedings on a dull Friday afternoon, MeCharlie should come onto the set where Franks is presenting and whip out a large sausage roll, then chase her round the set with it saying: 'eat it, eat it: you know you want to...'.

Quite right too. I think to enliven proceedings on a dull Friday afternoon, MeCharlie should come onto the set where Franks is presenting and whip out a large sausage roll, then chase her round the set with it saying: 'eat it, eat it: you know you want to...'.

Oh thank goodness you said "roll"!!

Latest posts

Back