CHuntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After seeing many unpleasant remarks about presenters posted on this board I am amazed that my tongue in cheek comments have been taken so seriously by some who now seem to be conducting a spanish inquisition.
I really can't be doing with all this and will not be visiting this board again

Don't feel like that Gracie T, it's not a bad place really!
If you don't want further comments posted on this thread & it has got to the stage of upsetting you, ask Graham or Sazza to close it - it'll then drop off the first page fairly quickly & be good as gone! x

After seeing many unpleasant remarks about presenters posted on this board I am amazed that my tongue in cheek comments have been taken so seriously by some who now seem to be conducting a spanish inquisition.

don't go. i just think lots of people have different views on both facebook and
chuntley.
I'm the only one in the " is philosophy like washing up liquid" thread that has said that i love pure grace. i don't care as it's all about personal opinion and light hearted banter which is what a forum should be all about. Please reconsider:flower:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I feel like you have expected that everyone would automatically agree how nasty Catherine is because she won't be your friend, but surely people are entitled to ask what she said before forming an opinion.

The problem with forums is that people only have the written word to interpret rather than tone of voice, facial expression etc in face to face communication, and sometimes people interpret things differently from how they were meant. Your original comment didn't come across to me as being tongue in cheek even though you meant it that way.

I'm so sorry you are so upset Gracie.
The thing is no one knows what is going on in peoples personal lives and what's behind their posts.
Not knowing people personally but only from what they type, it's easy to upset or be upset.

Take care and sending you a hug.

:flower:

I really like this forum and don't want to feel as if I can't come back... so I will visit... this board has made me laugh many times ... I was just amazed that CH was being contacted over such a trivial remark made by myself.. it really wasn't a personal attack on her ... the point was that everyone else accepted ... tbh I then felt like I was under attack ....

Gracie, we may have disagree'd but my major point to you was that she didn't have to accept you as a matter of course. We all have the right to accept/decline friend invitations..both here and on Facebook and perhaps its just better if those decisions are accepted.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time on the boards, we are mostly a friendly bunch, even when we have differing views and opinions :)

Ty ... and I know we are all entitled to our own opinions ... free speech etc ... wish I never started this thread now :) ... just want it all to blow over hopefully get on with more postings :)

I can't be doing with Facebook, Twitter, all that gumph!! One of my kids put me on Facebook and I don't understand any of it, someone wants to show me their farm, someone else sent me a rainbow etc, etc. It's a mystery to me:angel:

I hate the way there's just no privacy any more, everyones' lives have become so public. You used to be able to escape from people but not any more, we're either being bombarded with phone calls, emails, Facebook, mobile calls etc, etc.
I hate the intrusion, I just want a quiet life. I never, ever give my mobile number to anyone but good friends and family, that way I know that at least it's people I want to hear from not someone chasing me up from Moneysupermarket because I've been looking at insurance prices!!:sleepy:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a people person but just don't get this need to be in constant contact all the time xxx:cheeky:

I couldn't agree more - I won't even have a web cam in case some one catches me with my rollers in :hi:

Ty ... and I know we are all entitled to our own opinions ... free speech etc ... wish I never started this thread now :) ... just want it all to blow over hopefully get on with more postings :)

Gracie T,
I think people were only explaining why Catherine might want to remain private - trust me no-one was having a go at you. I can see how you might have been surprised as the strength of that reaction because some of the things some members write about presenters and guests can be much more uncomplimentary than what you seemed to write - something I personally am very uncomfortable with!
It can be so difficult on a forum to impart a tongue-in-cheek attitude or a joke! Can I suggest you use LOL (for laugh out loud) or something similar so that it is obvious?
Please stick around, we all have our little run-ins and disagreements from time to time (almost always due to a misunderstanding or something of the sort) but largely we are a happy and friendly bunch and there is a lot to be gained from hanging out here at least some of the time.
I hope this won't put you off too much?

I can't be doing with Facebook, Twitter, all that gumph!! One of my kids put me on Facebook and I don't understand any of it, someone wants to show me their farm, someone else sent me a rainbow etc, etc. It's a mystery to me:angel:
Me too, I can’t be doing with myspace, facebook or twitter, I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything in the real world, never mind the virtual world.:grin:
I couldn't agree more - I won't even have a web cam in case some one catches me with my rollers in :hi:
Same here, the first thing I did when I got my laptop was disconnect and cover the webcam, as I take my laptop everywhere.:Yikes!:

I'm glad you've decided to stay Gracie T! I for one, agreed with your original post and it certainly didn't come across as in any way nasty to me! There have been far worse comments made regarding presenters, with no reprisals whatsoever. :flower::flower::flower:

I'm glad you've decided to stay Gracie T! I for one, agreed with your original post and it certainly didn't come across as in any way nasty to me! There have been far worse comments made regarding presenters, with no reprisals whatsoever. :flower::flower::flower:

I think that a lot of us didn't feel it was nasty just totally inapproriate to ask to be someone's friend when you don't even know them!

I think that a lot of us didn't feel it was nasty just totally inapproriate to ask to be someone's friend when you don't even know them!

All friendships start with someone making the first move! I've met and made some lovely friends by accepting friend requests on facebook from peeps I didn't know. It's kind of like old fashioned penpals lol!

All friendships start with someone making the first move! I've met and made some lovely friends by accepting friend requests on facebook from peeps I didn't know. It's kind of like old fashioned penpals lol!

It truly scares me how much some people think online is real life!

Me too petpixie, and I've caught up with long-lost cousins, old school pals and even an ex boyfriend!

I am on facebook. Only joined as a friend put some photos up I do not want to do a farm thing no interest.

I only joined to check out someone connected to someone I am very close too..... :Whistling: Haven't bothered since and really can't be arsed with it.

Who the hell wants to farm a imaginary farm? Please get a life.
My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes: And why anyone would want to make an imaginary friendship with someone they will never meet I just don't know. :emo: :pPC:

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes: And why anyone would want to make an imaginary friendship with someone they will never meet I just don't know. :emo: :pPC:

I don't suppose I'll ever meet you (or anyone I speak to on this forum), but I regard you as friends!! Must dash..........I've a farm to tend to :flower::flower::flower: