Christmas with Yankee Candle TSV 29/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i had a bad experience with votive many years ago so never bought them again. but recently they have been the main candles i burn love them. i think its because they are fresh so the scent is very strong. i like the fact i can bur a different scent every other day and swop them. dont buy the large jars and they used to be my favourites

I not a big Yankee fan but do buy now and again. I like a really strong throw and there are just so many to consider. Was in the shop last week but couldn't get my head round the smells as the whole shop was quite strong on fragrance

Why would they be doing another AD when they have had problems with so many drops this year??? My WJ drop is nearly two months overdue! Goodness knows if the Vineyard AD third drop will come.** It seems very odd to me, like over-promising what you can deliver. And of course you never, ever, get a verbal update on the shows which I for one would find jolly useful.

:mysmilie_59:

**Stop press: Drop 3 is in process. I think that is the one with Feliz Navidad so I am happy! WJ still awaiting stock....... maybe in he container with the TSV??????

my tastes have changed to used to love florals but now i love the foodie bakery scents. cant stand fresh and even though rainbows end is a favourite for many i only like the lable not the scent.

The first few Portraits I got the labels were quite pretty. Not a smart as the originals, but quite well designed. This current TSV 8 and some of the more recent sets shown just look like naff photos anyone could take.

my tastes have changed to used to love florals but now i love the foodie bakery scents. cant stand fresh and even though rainbows end is a favourite for many i only like the lable not the scent.

Welcome to my world! Actually, I like some florals now, where I didn't before so maybe I'm changing too! I haven't smelt Rainbow's End yet.

The first few Portraits I got the labels were quite pretty. Not a smart as the originals, but quite well designed. This current TSV 8 and some of the more recent sets shown just look like naff photos anyone could take.

I see what you mean and agree they do look a bit amateur!

Are they pointing out these are outlet jars in the live show or making out they are the ones that are £21.99? I can't bring myself to watch because I couldn't suffer Flinty's silly, breathy, incredulous voice going "Cor, loooook at thiiiis ... amazing .... think of the gifts you can tick off your list ..." cackle, cackle). I flicked over a few minutes ago, heard her say "only £10 each", shouted "No! £12 because in the real world we add on the postage", and muted it. Still saw her staring at her iPad though.

It's that time of night again, sorry.

Are they pointing out these are outlet jars in the live show or making out they are the ones that are £21.99? I can't bring myself to watch because I couldn't suffer Flinty's silly, breathy, incredulous voice going "Cor, loooook at thiiiis ... amazing .... think of the gifts you can tick off your list ..." cackle, cackle). I flicked over a few minutes ago, heard her say "only £10 each", shouted "No! £12 because in the real world we add on the postage", and muted it. Still saw her staring at her iPad though.

It's that time of night again, sorry.

Had a quick check of the video online and as predicted DF is banging on about these candles being £88 worth of value. Somebody needs to report that woman to trading standards.

Very disappointing Christmas TSV - I am delighted now that I bought the Boots offer on Thursday afternoon - in store and no hefty postage.

single drop is £7.95 postage but Auto-Delivery is £6.95!! but still good for the weight of them

It is not good postage. I know of no retailer that charges £6.95-£7.95 postage, regardless of weight. You might pay that for large items, flat pack furniture for example, but most retailers don't charge more than £5 delivery, whatever the size or weight. I really don't know what planet you live on.

Last edited:
It is not good postage. I know of no retailer that charges £6.95-£7.95 postage, regardless of weight. You might pay that for large items, flat pack furniture for example, but most retailers don't charge more than £5 delivery, whatever the size or weight. I really don't know what planet you live on.

£6.95 is more than enough but £7.95 is a rip off. thats how much qvc charge for furniture or the fountains

£6.95 is more than enough but £7.95 is a rip off. thats how much qvc charge for furniture or the fountains

I agree. I do virtually all of my shopping online, using a variety of retailers. I cannot ever recall paying more than £4.95 postage unless it was for large furniture or white goods (and actually even then it's either been free or less than a tenner).

Latest posts

Back