Christmas with Yankee Candle TSV 29/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They ought to rename the shows "Yankee Candles" and not "Christmas with Yankee Candles", there is nothing Christmasy about it whatsoever. I know there was a mix up and this has had to be cobbled together but I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this.

They ought to rename the shows "Yankee Candles" and not "Christmas with Yankee Candles", there is nothing Christmasy about it whatsoever. I know there was a mix up and this has had to be cobbled together but I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this.

Indeed. "Shifting old stock with Yankee Candles".

the tsv was going to be christmas related but because something has happend (no reason given yet) that they have had to throw a quick TSV together thats why this tsv dont contain anything christmasy because its a last min change to what was going to be the tsv

So many good points, so I'm not going to quote everyone... otherwise my often lengthy posts will be gargantuan.

Totally agree that the new design lables we are seeing cheapen the look of the candles.
Totally agree that the TSV contents are disappointing with their lack of festive scenting for the home.
Totally agree that the AD situation at QVC, not just for Yankee Candle, is a shambles.

What I don't understand with the ADs is that QVC don't routinely over-order or place an option to order on the subsequent sets. If someone has ordered on AD they get them at the TSV price - so happy loyal customers are rewarded. Then they can sell the remaining installments at a higher price to those who didn't want to do AD on the day but got buyer's regret later. They sometimes do this, but they don't do it consitently - why? Really a missed opportunity...

I know in previous years the Christmas candles have sometimes been lingering well after the festive season. They could sort that one out by actually doing a proper sale price to clear the stock, if that's what they want to do... that is if they've already exhausted the OTO / Bargain Hunter route.

That said, I hope the US festive fragrances are a bit more festive than the UK ones are this year.

I know with the various ADs from earlier TSVs in the year, they have limited their new fragrance Christmas TSV options, but if they were going to do a big jar TSV, they could have done some classic Christmas fragrances and perhaps festive accessories (preferably not one of the shades which I personally find totally passé since I discovered the illuma lids).

Yes very disappointed. Like to burn a Christmas tree scent as now have a fake tree. Going to have to go to Amazon....

i have a few from last year and the year before so not fussed. i want to use up my large jars

If you go to yankee.co.uk they have several Christmas fragrances in the sale. Large jars are £16.49. Not the new fragrances but a good selection of old ones such as Christmas Eve, Christmas Memories, Sparkling Snow, Red Apple Wreath and more. Other sizes too, not just large jars.

I really hope this TSV is a disaster. YC are treating UK customers like idiots by flogging cheap US discount candles to us for inflated prices. These candles are inferior quality and we are being fleeced. It sickens me that Yankee also intend to raise UK prices to 23.99in the new year and 5.99 for melt cups. This latest episode says to me that YC'snew owners don't give a damn about UK customers. They should be supplying a festuve TSV but instead they want to flog us rubbish that they can't clear in the US. I hope nobody buys. I won't be.

I really hope this TSV is a disaster. YC are treating UK customers like idiots by flogging cheap US discount candles to us for inflated prices. These candles are inferior quality and we are being fleeced. It sickens me that Yankee also intend to raise UK prices to 23.99in the new year and 5.99 for melt cups. This latest episode says to me that YC'snew owners don't give a damn about UK customers. They should be supplying a festuve TSV but instead they want to flog us rubbish that they can't clear in the US. I hope nobody buys. I won't be.

To be fair, personally I've found the jars with the new labels to be perfectly OK in terms of burn and throw. So far, anyway. I don't think they always look great though, and some look cheap - definitely prefer the original label design.

To be fair, personally I've found the jars with the new labels to be perfectly OK in terms of burn and throw. So far, anyway. I don't think they always look great though, and some look cheap - definitely prefer the original label design.

Really? I tried a trio and the fragrances were very cheap. I bought to burn as I won't collect these labels as they look awful. It wasn't until a friend in America told he how much they were selling for in Target that I realised just how much I had been deceived. I like a complex fragrance that is multi-layered. These outlet candles just don't have that. It's why the scent descriptions are always so basic.

Just re-read your post. You do know that these are outlet candles, nothing to do with the US label change? Portrait candles(round design) are from US discount stores. The ones they were unable to flog in the US. The change in label to the narrow labels is different. Those candles are still the same quality as always. I don't like the narrow labels but at least the quality is better than the rubbish that QVC is currently trying to flog from the US discount range.

Really? I tried a trio and the fragrances were very cheap. I bought to burn as I won't collect these labels as they look awful. It wasn't until a friend in America told he how much they were selling for in Target that I realised just how much I had been deceived. I like a complex fragrance that is multi-layered. These outlet candles just don't have that. It's why the scent descriptions are always so basic.

It was my personal experience, that's all, and I'm not surprised others might find otherwise. As we often say on here, we all pick up different smells and notes in different measures and the reviews show some find certain candles to have no scent whatsoever while others are happy with the level of fragrance. I haven't tried many of the new or outlet label ones yet so I'll probably think some are rubbish. I must admit, I'm not prepared to pay as much for the outlet jars as I am for the regular ranges.

I have just looked on Target US and they are the Fragrance Home (actually, short term memory fails, but I think it was that, which is the new name for Simply Home) range not Portrait jars. The cheapest large jar was $19.99 and they went up to $27.99 so I don't think we are getting a worse price than the US. Personally I regard the Portrait range as the same sort of purchase as the old Artisan candles. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get ones which are rather faint. As AndiK says we all pick up scents differently...... I have yet to pick up any scent from a Black Cherry candle yet it is a global favourite according to Stephen,

:mysmilie_59:

Actually slightly wrong above, sorry. Target are selling something called the Home Classics range, whereas Walmart are selling the American Home range and large candles there are $14.93. Neither of these have the round Portrait labels though.

All these sub-ranges are very confusing! !!

Actually slightly wrong above, sorry. Target are selling something called the Home Classics range, whereas Walmart are selling the American Home range and large candles there are $14.93. Neither of these have the round Portrait labels though.

thats the point they are supposed to be.. mind you the amount of time i have bought the high end housewarmer candles and they have let me down in every way

VERY confusing, yes. I hope it settles down soon and they rationalise the range. Has anyone tried the supermarket Yankees (Sainsbury's, etc) now called Home Inspirations? They are "budget" and meant to be less good but I found the Cherry Vanilla large jar I got fine, especially for what I paid, which was about £11 if I remember rightly. I think I will always prefer the "real deal" Yankees ... but I can't see me paying £24 a jar.

Also, I see my local Robert Dyas has large jar Price's candles. They're not as big as large Yankees but they are a lot cheaper. Anyone else tried them? Boffy (as I know you are a Prce's fan)??

i like prices on the whole even the cheap cast offs in uk maxx lol...i have not tried the larger ones just the tumblers and the burn time is excellent with a good throw.

I feel the same about the World Journey series..... the one's I have seem to have an undertone of scent that I can't place, but don't like as it makes them all smell kind of similar - they don't have a 'pure' scent, and I won't buy any more.

I have the 3 christmas portrait jars - and they are fine - I can't discern any difference in quality to the original housewarmer jars.

However, I bought the auto-delivery TSV's in the baskets, and I'm loving the samplers again as for the size (and I burn 2 at once) there's a great throw of scent... so maybe my jar-buying days are numbered.... irrespective of the labels!

Latest posts

Back