Christmas jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Does anyone here buy this?

Cheerful santa earings for a bit of a laugh are probably ok but would probably rot the ears off you after an hour.

Chuntley is raving over Eek Christmas themed items. There is one reindeer which was nice enough but at over £30 plus postage how much wear would you get out of it.

Also heard her say on an earlier show that an easy pay of £7.95 each "you wouldn't even notice it coming out of your account" conviently forgetting the other 3 payments or the £4 postage. What an insult to those who have to watch their budget unlike Ms C who obviously doesn't.

Novelty Christmas jewellery is ok if it costs a couple of pounds and you can bin it if it breaks or is rubbish. I certainly wouldn't pay over £30.00 for some cheap looking old tat.

I bought the snowflake eek pendant a few years ago for my stepmother. It was so pretty, I bought one for myself too. I do tend only to wear it in winter but it's not exclusively Christmas as such.

You can pick up lovely Christmas bits and bobs on the High Street. I like Christmas key rings.

In my last job we had to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day so we`d buy Christmas themed earrings usually from the pound shop and wear them alongside our Christmas jumpers and party hats. The men in the hostel were homeless, had lived on the streets etc so we tried to make Christmas as festive as we could. Once Boxing Day was over then the earrings were usually either broken or thrown away. I could only ever wear them for a few hours because they either made my ears sore or caught in my hair.
Christmas themed jewellery isn`t something I`d buy for myself but one year my husband did buy me a Pandora charm in the shape of a Christmas gift boxed tied with a red bow for my bracelet but you`d barely notice it was Christmas themed alongside the other charms I have.

I didn't see this show as Christmas novelty jewellery is not my thing but there seems to be a theme here & that is the OTT cost of some QVC offerings these days.Look at those ridiculous wine tubes and I have just caught a couple of minutes of Yong Kim with prices ( yes I know it has been said before) but around £120 for a pair of striped elastic waist trousers---PLEASE.Now Craig with £25 for some 'Spray before you Go' toilet sprays (obviously a MUST for the gifting drawer).£350 for a blender, another must have.Oh please QVC keep going I am so grateful as I can do with all the laughs I can get ate the moment.Of course all of these costs are irrelevant as they are on EASYPAY!

I didn't see this show as Christmas novelty jewellery is not my thing but there seems to be a theme here & that is the OTT cost of some QVC offerings these days.Look at those ridiculous wine tubes and I have just caught a couple of minutes of Yong Kim with prices ( yes I know it has been said before) but around £120 for a pair of striped elastic waist trousers---PLEASE.Now Craig with £25 for some 'Spray before you Go' toilet sprays (obviously a MUST for the gifting drawer).£350 for a blender, another must have.Oh please QVC keep going I am so grateful as I can do with all the laughs I can get ate the moment.Of course all of these costs are irrelevant as they are on EASYPAY!

25 quid to hide a fart... Don't think so. Nutrodol a quid from all pound shops....

My sister and I have a competition to see who turns up to Christmas lunch wearing the most tacky, cheap and bling-y Christmas jewellery. They say little things please little minds but we have such a laugh with it, priceless.

My sister and I have a competition to see who turns up to Christmas lunch wearing the most tacky, cheap and bling-y Christmas jewellery. They say little things please little minds but we have such a laugh with it, priceless.

Love it! Who goes home with the greenest ears?

Yes that's the first thing I'd think of to give a friend for Christmas, may as well carry a placard round with "your poop stinks!!" on it. :mysmilie_17:

I seen them flogging those balls (now now) with the cheap tat that is "Diamonbleek" cut glass earrings in them with the plated gold and rose gold, as for the price, all I can say is :mysmilie_15:

I seen them flogging those balls (now now) with the cheap tat that is "Diamonbleek" cut glass earrings in them with the plated gold and rose gold, as for the price, all I can say is :mysmilie_15:

Tut tut ! That eek guest (very dark hair and sucked in cheeks) said quite categorically last week that it's NOT cut glass ! She explained that it's actually 'grown' in their own lab.

Wonder if Thompson & Morgan will be flogging an Eek tree next spring ??

Tut tut ! That eek guest (very dark hair and sucked in cheeks) said quite categorically last week that it's NOT cut glass ! She explained that it's actually 'grown' in their own lab.

Wonder if Thompson & Morgan will be flogging an Eek tree next spring ??

Ohh I see, so that'll be uncut glass grown in the lab. :mysmilie_17: As for T&M and the eek tree, it's probably stuck in little Richards compost (oooh err!) as we speak. :mysmilie_17:

Can't wear anything like that ,my ears would be sore for a week.

I think the cheap ones are OK for a laugh and to get into the spirit but Q always try to make them sound indispensable probably to justify the price.

And to top it all, it is soooo special we have to eek (no pun intended) it out over the "holiday" by giving one earring at breakfast, another at mid morning just before the neighbours arrive for sherry and Green Seasons mince pies, necklace at lunch and tennis bracelet during turkey sandwiches at night.

I was in Home Bargains the other day and they had metal baubles which opened so you could put something inside them and they were 69p. So if anybody is inclined to hide a 2ct REAL diamond pair of earrings for me then Home Bargains is the place to go and the baubles were much nicer than the Q ones too.

Latest posts

Back