Christmas guest presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our Mama used to get us to decorate the whole house! (This was when the Queen was a young mother lol).
We made paper chains - the lick & stick variety - for Britain. Miles of them. They trailed through the whole house.
We also made paper lanterns (doubled up for Halloween) courtesy of Picture Book (Monday's Watch with Mother) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE9dsOu3oE8&feature=related

:mysmilie_508: Minim

I LOVED Picture Book as a child. I brought the Watch With Mother video for my girls many years ago & they loved it ( so did OH & I reliving our childhood ). Andy Pandy, Bill & Ben, The Woodentops & Rag, Tag & Bobtail Its still available on VHS but more pricey now, glad I kept ours. Wish they would bring it out on DVD though

:mysmilie_851:

Lol.
Those were the days eh?
Everything was simple then, life was just black & white!

In the 11am show this morning whilst Jill was presenting the wind spinners, she commented I know it sounds like I have everything, but I get sent samples to try.:thinking:

Anyone miss Dexter wearing his viewer handmade Christmas waistcoats?:heartbroke:

Maybe she reads the forum,lol. Yes I miss Dexter, you know Christmas is not far away when he appears.

Our Mama used to get us to decorate the whole house! (This was when the Queen was a young mother lol).
We made paper chains - the lick & stick variety - for Britain. Miles of them. They trailed through the whole house.
We also made paper lanterns (doubled up for Halloween) courtesy of Picture Book (Monday's Watch with Mother) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE9dsOu3oE8&feature=related

aahh, I could have written this. Picture Book on Mons and the Wooden Tops on Fri were my faves. We too made the stick and lick chains and Dad hung them from the ceiling - everytime one end fell down it was a mad rush to grab it before it fell onto the grate and burned the house down ! Such innocent pleasures, my nieces and nephews just don't have that sort of fun nowadays. :heartbroke:

Linda xx

In the 11am show this morning whilst Jill was presenting the wind spinners, she commented I know it sounds like I have everything, but I get sent samples to try.:thinking:

Anyone miss Dexter wearing his viewer handmade Christmas waistcoats?:heartbroke:

um.....no:cheeky:

aahh, I could have written this. Picture Book on Mons and the Wooden Tops on Fri were my faves. We too made the stick and lick chains and Dad hung them from the ceiling - everytime one end fell down it was a mad rush to grab it before it fell onto the grate and burned the house down ! Such innocent pleasures, my nieces and nephews just don't have that sort of fun nowadays. :heartbroke:

Linda xx

me too! i remember the paper chains unpinging and the open fire. lol! wooden tops were the best!! that bald baby and spotty dog - priceless.

Last edited:
I get very nostalgic
http://www.turnipnet.com/whirligig/tv/children/watchwm/watchwm.htm

Does anyone remember the 'Blue Peter' Christmas decoration?
Two coat hangers covered with tinsel & baubles.
I came across ours in my mother's attic when I was clearing her house. I wanted to keep it but Himself said it would just be moving from her attic to ours.

Yay! Found it - http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bl...1&tbnw=157&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

Hope that works!

Yes remember that. Never made one ve couldn't afford coat hangers. Let alone tinsel!

I remember it too - can you imagine them nowadays telling kids to light candles half an inch away from tinsel that's probably wildly flammable - there'd be a health and safety outcry. Life was much more fun before health and safety came and spoilt it all!! :wink:

I used to love it when they lit the last candle and all stood round the BP chrimbo tree and sang O Come All Ye Faithful. Always made me feel properly christmassy! :sun:

It's weird that blue Peter has come up. Only this week I had a flashback about Bleep and Booster. Remember that? I swear it hasn't crossed my mind for going on 40 years then I just remembered it, googled it, and there they were. Isn't the Internet amazing.

I'm pretending to ignore all this reminiscing – I can't possibly be that old!

I used to watch Blue Peter but was never a great fan - apart from the hilarious elephant episode which can still cause a ROFL moment for me! My favourites were Muffin and The Flowerpot Men.

I remember going to church with my grandparents and being lifted to light real candles on the tree. It was magical, I don't remember hearing about dozens of churches burned to the ground but it wouldn't be allowed now that's for sure.

It's weird that blue Peter has come up. Only this week I had a flashback about Bleep and Booster. Remember that? I swear it hasn't crossed my mind for going on 40 years then I just remembered it, googled it, and there they were. Isn't the Internet amazing.

That's a new one on me, yep had to Google it no recollections of it what's so ever and I remember Poogles Wood

I absolutely cannot stand Abby Sturgeon.I don't quite know what it is about her that makes me feel like this but I think it's because she comes across as a condescending know-all. Whatever it is it makes me irrationally angry. I think I need help!

I absolutely cannot stand Abby Sturgeon.I don't quite know what it is about her that makes me feel like this but I think it's because she comes across as a condescending know-all. Whatever it is it makes me irrationally angry. I think I need help!

She was axed from being a presenter on IW - she drove me bonkers on there tbh!

I was watching Dale and his jumper the other night, and the Christmas presenters were all different!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back