Christmas Delivery - MY AR*E!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Ordered the Mally concealer Xmas surprise at 8 p.m. on Sat night it hadn't been shipped until Moday night at 11 p.m. - I was checking!!!
Hasn't arrived and postie said that there won't be any more for me today.
I rang last weekend and CS said that everything from the weekend onwards was going out 1st class. Well, a kipling bag that was sent earlier on on Monday has just arrived with a 2nd class label on it, so the 1st class comment was BS!
So, I've just come off the phone to CS - a 15 minute phone call BTW - good job they were paying! I had to argue with them that they said it would be here for Xmas so at a minimum they should be refunding the p&p. He said that there were no guarantees that it would be here for Christmas! So, in which case what was Dale's advert about and why was it called 'last minute Christmas shopping weekend'? He just kept saying that there were no guarantees and they would not refund postage as the fact that it hadn't arrived today was still in line with their 5 - 7 working days for delivery. I had to ask for a manager, was put on hold for 5 mins then told a manager wasn't available and on this one occasion as a goodwill gesture he would refund p&p. I said that I bet he'd had loads more calls today about this and he said 95% of people have got their oreders which he said was good - what a load of carp - how many 1000s does the 5% who haven't got theirs equate to??!!

Rant over. I hope the rest of you aren't in the 5% like me!!!

Merry Christmas!

My microplane went out Second Class on Monday - even after me asking about it on Saturday morning so the fact that it arrived today is down to the Royal Mail's sterling efforts and not anything QVC did. I got the whole "delivery for Christmas" is not guaranteed spiel as well. I told them that's not the impression that they've been giving on TV but that's what they've been told to keep doggedly repeating, so they do - bless 'em.

I think the weather has probably affected your delivery.
It's a shame that your item didn't arrive in time for Christmas but ordering last minute always leads to disapointment IMHO.

I would never believe what QVC promise about delivery.

I don't know if I believe that Simon. Royal Mail and Parcel Force have delivered every day even though we are in one of the worst affected areas, and I've seen the Hermes ladies out and about as well.

It was QVC who took 4 days to despatch 7 days before Christmas...then sent it Second Class!

It looks like it's luck of the draw. I ordered a jacket from Debenhams at 10.30 pm Tuesday and my Hermes man delivered it 10.30 am today. That's what I call service :mysmilie_696:

They shouldn't offer a "delivery in time for Christmas" if they can't honour it. I heard Julian the other day saying that QVC get it out on time, but then it's up to the delivery companies if it gets to us on time. What a load of twaddle! I'm sure in the past QVC guaranteed the delivery and didn't blame it on other people!

This is disgusting....
It's one thing shipping things out making claims they will be in time for Christmas WHEN QVC despatch straightaway, but to delay despatch and THEN only send second class is tantamount to fraud.

Monday was the last posting day via RM for FIRST class, not 2nd - and I'm sure QVC knew that :(
Couriers are also doing their best in some awful conditions and even in the badly hit areas, most have been out every day from what know from a courier forum I am a member of - but what's the betting they get the blame from QVC?

I don't remember at any time that they said 95% of you will get it in time and hard luck on the other 5%. The mantra was order in confidence that you can receive your order by christmas. If they can't deliver then they shouldn't make the promise.

This is disgusting....
It's one thing shipping things out making claims they will be in time for Christmas WHEN QVC despatch straightaway, but to delay despatch and THEN only send second class is tantamount to fraud.

Monday was the last posting day via RM for FIRST class, not 2nd - and I'm sure QVC knew that :(
Couriers are also doing their best in some awful conditions and even in the badly hit areas, most have been out every day from what know from a courier forum I am a member of - but what's the betting they get the blame from QVC?

I'd forgotten that Lottie - good point!

Exactly - you are all right!

They even told me some twaddle about ignore the 2nd class label - they are actually 1st class! How stupid do they think their customers are exactly? He didn't know how to reply when I said so if I go to the post office, pay for 2nd class but tell them to treat it as 1st class then it's 1st class is it?!?

Exactly - you are all right!

They even told me some twaddle about ignore the 2nd class label - they are actually 1st class! How stupid do they think their customers are exactly? He didn't know how to reply when I said so if I go to the post office, pay for 2nd class but tell them to treat it as 1st class then it's 1st class is it?!?

I've heard it all now:mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:

I ordered the Good Housekeeping Christmas surprise on Saturday wasnt dispatched until Monday and still not here good job I wasnt needing it for Crimbo eh?

I ordered some hand creams on the beauty gfts day and they haven't arrived. However I think the couriers are avoiding where I live until the weather improves, even royal mail couldn't show up yesterday. There is a small hill near my house and we have had to help several people who couldn't get their cars up it. The only delivery van we have seen roud the village was from the local florist who surprised me with a lovely plant from a good friend of mine.

Well, my last QVC parcel turned up yesterday and just in the nick of time before CS were going to get a call about non delivery. But tbh, I think they're going to get a call anyway because I'm sick to death of our courier and her sloppy attitude - yesterday I watched her heavy handedly throwing lots of different parcels around in her van to get to mine - some were definitely QVC ones, and I dread to think what was happening to the contents of them.

As it is, mine was a bottle of shower gel for a pressie for my other half, and when I unpacked it the lid had come off and opened (luckily as it was a Philosophy product the bottle was sealed so nothing has leaked) but the way she was treating the parcels was a disgrace. The last thing I ordered was a bottle of ABC Skin Wash which came with the bottle bashed in - I know who's responsible for it now...

Well, my last QVC parcel turned up yesterday and just in the nick of time before CS were going to get a call about non delivery. But tbh, I think they're going to get a call anyway because I'm sick to death of our courier and her sloppy attitude - yesterday I watched her heavy handedly throwing lots of different parcels around in her van to get to mine - some were definitely QVC ones, and I dread to think what was happening to the contents of them.

As it is, mine was a bottle of shower gel for a pressie for my other half, and when I unpacked it the lid had come off and opened (luckily as it was a Philosophy product the bottle was sealed so nothing has leaked) but the way she was treating the parcels was a disgrace. The last thing I ordered was a bottle of ABC Skin Wash which came with the bottle bashed in - I know who's responsible for it now...

I would suggest trying to get the employees name and complaining about them directly to both qvc and directly to the courier company.

Ordered the Mally concealer Xmas surprise at 8 p.m. on Sat night it hadn't been shipped until Moday night at 11 p.m. - I was checking!!!
Hasn't arrived and postie said that there won't be any more for me today.
I rang last weekend and CS said that everything from the weekend onwards was going out 1st class. Well, a kipling bag that was sent earlier on on Monday has just arrived with a 2nd class label on it, so the 1st class comment was BS!
So, I've just come off the phone to CS - a 15 minute phone call BTW - good job they were paying! I had to argue with them that they said it would be here for Xmas so at a minimum they should be refunding the p&p. He said that there were no guarantees that it would be here for Christmas! So, in which case what was Dale's advert about and why was it called 'last minute Christmas shopping weekend'? He just kept saying that there were no guarantees and they would not refund postage as the fact that it hadn't arrived today was still in line with their 5 - 7 working days for delivery. I had to ask for a manager, was put on hold for 5 mins then told a manager wasn't available and on this one occasion as a goodwill gesture he would refund p&p. I said that I bet he'd had loads more calls today about this and he said 95% of people have got their oreders which he said was good - what a load of carp - how many 1000s does the 5% who haven't got theirs equate to??!!

Rant over. I hope the rest of you aren't in the 5% like me!!!

Merry Christmas!

One way to get your postage back is phone up and cancel the order, then send it back. Under the distance selling rules you have 7 day from the day it arrives to do this and they have to give you your postage back. Probably not an option in this case as you may want it anyway..

Well I think you are all lucky I have had no post since last Thursday due to the weather and council not doing anything about the roads I even had to go and meet the Asda delivery van about a mile away from me to get my shopping
lizz

Well I think you are all lucky I have had no post since last Thursday due to the weather and council not doing anything about the roads I even had to go and meet the Asda delivery van about a mile away from me to get my shopping
lizz

I hope Asda didn't charge you delivery in that case, as technically they did not deliver!

Latest posts

Back