Christmas Deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
Can't complain about this. Ordered the Ninja Storm on Sunday at 3.30 pm. Was delivered at 12.30 pm today.

Hope everyone else gets theirs just as quickly.

I've been lucky so far in getting my parcels delivered, either from Q, Amazon etc. I've just ordered something today so hopefully will get it in time for Christmas.

I was intrigued during the Kipling hour earlier to hear Debbie say that 'QVC are promising delivery before Christmas - not guaranteeing but promising'. What the heck does that mean then? Is there some subtle legal difference between a guarantee and a promise?

I heard that and was confused too.

I thought she might have meant promise to send it but couldn't guarantee delivery but I don't think that is the case.

I was intrigued during the Kipling hour earlier to hear Debbie say that 'QVC are promising delivery before Christmas - not guaranteeing but promising'. What the heck does that mean then? Is there some subtle legal difference between a guarantee and a promise?

That maybe because, according to the news earlier this week, some couriers and delivery companies still have a backlog after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I suppose that QVC can promise that it is dispatched from their warehouse in time for Christmas, but they can't guarantee that it's delivered on time once it's left them.

That maybe because, according to the news earlier this week, some couriers and delivery companies still have a backlog after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I suppose that QVC can promise that it is dispatched from their warehouse in time for Christmas, but they can't guarantee that it's delivered on time once it's left them.

I can remember last year at this time all the presenters were very carefully saying that QVC 'guaranteed to despatch in time for Christmas', this year they have very clearly been saying 'promise to deliver' which is a whole different thing isn't it?
I'm only waiting on two Lola Rose bracelets for sons' girlfriends and then I'm done with the shopping thank goodness!

still waiting for my thorntons to be delivered! ordered last thursday.

We ordered week past Monday and tomorrow is the 7th working day and delivery was to be 5-7 working days and we got automated message this evening to say it would here by the 22nd at the latest..............so potentially it will be 3 working days late!!! :taphead:

Next year QVC need to be proactive in securing timely delivery of their Xmas orders and this year they should refund p&p for those parcels that arrive outside their prescribed 3-5 working days (for mainland UK).

and pigs might fly!

We ordered week past Monday and tomorrow is the 7th working day and delivery was to be 5-7 working days and we got automated message this evening to say it would here by the 22nd at the latest..............so potentially it will be 3 working days late!!! :taphead:

Well our Thorntons just arrived!!!! :happy:

I can remember last year at this time all the presenters were very carefully saying that QVC 'guaranteed to despatch in time for Christmas', this year they have very clearly been saying 'promise to deliver' which is a whole different thing isn't it?
I'm only waiting on two Lola Rose bracelets for sons' girlfriends and then I'm done with the shopping thank goodness!

The on screen info last night referred to dispatch rather than delivery.

Well Catherine Huntley was saying promise delivery this morning, and also made reference to others deliver problems. I can't see how they can be so darn sure. Have to say we have had everything we have ordered in last week from other retailers but they are not for presenters.

I got that same recorded message, but they came good and they turned up the next morning. Everything is slow right now - refunds are taking longer than usual - so I guess everyone is just groaning under seasonal pressure.

Had delivery today from Amazon, that I ordered last Friday, but it did say to expect delivery today. I did notice over the week end some things on Amazon were saying delivery after Xmas.

Latest posts

Back