Charlie bears question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I am going to a christening next month, (baby boy) and thought that a Charlie bear would be a nice pressie for the baby, as they look lovely and are collectable, however, looking at QVC's website, the ones that appeal to me the most are girlie bears, I particularly like the look of "Boo", even though it has a blue ribbon around the neck it's described as a girl bear, that would be ok but what concerns me, is that they all come with their own little poem. My question is...are the poems too schmaltzy, and would the girlie bears have a "girlie orientated" poem, 'cause if so, it wouldn't be a very suitable christening present for a boy. Can anyone help! Thanks

I wouldn't recommend a Charlie Bear for a christening present merryone if you meant the baby to have it straight away. They shed too easily and can choke babies. Steiff do a first Steiff bear that is baby friendly. They're really soft and look very cute. There are loads of stockists out there but this is an example.

I wouldn't recommend a Charlie Bear for a christening present merryone if you meant the baby to have it straight away. They shed too easily and can choke babies. Steiff do a first Steiff bear that is baby friendly. They're really soft and look very cute. There are loads of stockists out there but this is an example.

aw, that's a cute little bear.

We're going to get a "little something" the baby can play with straight away, as we realise that this sort of toy isn't suitable for the under three year old child. I ended up looking on the Charlie bears website and actually found a bear with the same name as the child being christened! I mean most christening presents aren't really for the child to play with anyway, normally they're keepsakes aren't they? little moneyboxes, china plates etc....and when the child is older they will actually be able to play with him. I thought a collectable bear would be a nice change from the usual christening gifts!

I think a bear who has the same name as the child is a really lovely present. I'm sure he'll love it.

I am going to a christening next month, (baby boy) and thought that a Charlie bear would be a nice pressie for the baby, as they look lovely and are collectable, however, looking at QVC's website, the ones that appeal to me the most are girlie bears, I particularly like the look of "Boo", even though it has a blue ribbon around the neck it's described as a girl bear, that would be ok but what concerns me, is that they all come with their own little poem. My question is...are the poems too schmaltzy, and would the girlie bears have a "girlie orientated" poem, 'cause if so, it wouldn't be a very suitable christening present for a boy. Can anyone help! Thanks

Snap ! Im doing exactly the same for a christening later this year , I think a collectable bear is a lovely gift

I bought both my grandsons a charlie bear and managed to get them in the boys names and they are great
lizz

Latest posts

Back