Charged twice, QVC denying it.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thought I'd check my balance after reading about it on here and there it was so I rang and they have denied it, saying I have to prove it. It's there on my bank statement, anyone recommend my next step. Obviously going to bank to sort but want to know if anyone has had the same situation. I'm out if pocket and not happy, feel like I've been fiddled by QVC.

Speak to your bank. Tell them the second payment wasn't authorised and QVC say they don't have it, didn't take it. The bank should act on your behalf.

If it was me I'd send them your bank statement, they won't accept photocopies, but make sure you keep a copy for yourself. What can't speak can't lie and if they still deny it even if it's there in black and white, tell them you'll be seeking Trading Standards advice, that's the trouble with QVC, the saying "the customer is always right" never applies in their case especially where finance is concerned.

Here in my country you can take the second payment back via your bank because obviously it wasn't authorized. The same goes for credit card payments. So the first thing I would do is speak to my bank and let them get the second payment back.

Here in my country you can take the second payment back via your bank because obviously it wasn't authorized. The same goes for credit card payments. So the first thing I would do is speak to my bank and let them get the second payment back.

Agree but otherwise bank statement. Can't understand why they won't accept copies anywhere else does. You don't want them seeing your balance or any other payments. Where I used to work copies with balance blanked out was the norm. I certainly wouldn't trust them with my original bank statement.

You shouldn't have to send anything. Its all over their Facebook page its been happening(they said a few customers:mysmilie_19:), so yes it has been happening. Phone them again ask to speak to a supervisor, tell them QVC have admitted its happening on their Facebook page. Tell them to refund the second payment.

Oh and it was suppose to be sorted last Monday and all payments refunded.

mines been refunded but i think i deserve some sort of recompense for the act of someone dipping thier trotters in my bank account

Just been to check my account again and they did refund. All my eyes did was see two figures on the one day when I first checked, was in a rush, silly me. But, they did take it twice and the woman on the end of the phone didn't acknowledge this at all, made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one. I also mentioned it being spoken of on another website and she still took a snotty stance. Kept waffling on a load of standard script so I put the phone down on her. That is not like me but she was so curt denying everything. Thanks for advice tho, this place is a gem.

Just been to check my account again and they did refund. All my eyes did was see two figures on the one day when I first checked, was in a rush, silly me. But, they did take it twice and the woman on the end of the phone didn't acknowledge this at all, made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one. I also mentioned it being spoken of on another website and she still took a snotty stance. Kept waffling on a load of standard script so I put the phone down on her. That is not like me but she was so curt denying everything. Thanks for advice tho, this place is a gem.

unproffessional taking money twice from bank accounts. if it were john lewis they would have compensated handsomely. qvc are nowhere near john lewis for customer services.

A couple of years ago I bought a tablet from QVC that was not to the specification it was sold as. I received a letter from them to that effect but CS denied having sent it out, even though I had it in front of me and read it out to them.The agent gave the impression she thought I was lying and it was like hitting my head up against a brick wall. I have never felt the same about QVC since that experience.What's happened to 'the customer is always right?'

Last edited:
hiding and ducking and diving does not make for good customer relations. its tacky at best. i suspect that qvc are ok with that as long as it does not cost them money. if they lose your custom so be it

I'll second the John Lewis comment, Mr Akimbo got a £20 credit to his bank card when they were slow to process a return. QVC would be bankrupt in a month if they did this!

I've had occasion to send documentary evidence to Q and they've accepted a photo of the papers sent as an attachment to an email. This also works if you reclaim postage for something other than a return; if they ask for the proof of posting or Post Office cash receipt it's easy to take a picture on your phone if you don't have a scanner and saves me traipsing to the library to use their photocopier. Plus they can't say it got lost in the post.

lou, go to your bank (as has been said on here), but also publicise it as much as you can (on here is a start, but other review websites, too). Write to Q to complain and demand they check into it, just saying "we've not done it" isn't enough - insist they reply in writing, not by phone. Citizens Advice (try their online Adviceguide website - just type 'Adviceguide' into Google) and Trading Standards, too.

Thought I'd check my balance after reading about it on here and there it was so I rang and they have denied it, saying I have to prove it. It's there on my bank statement, anyone recommend my next step. Obviously going to bank to sort but want to know if anyone has had the same situation. I'm out if pocket and not happy, feel like I've been fiddled by QVC.

I had an experience with Q that made me stop shopping with them. Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy, I'd say. They are never, ever wrong (in their world, that is). That was the end of the road for me with Q - once I got my money back from them, I vowed I'd never shop with them again. And I haven't. Now, I just watch for the laughs now - and heaven knows there's plenty of laughs watching it!

A couple of years ago I bought a tablet from QVC that was not to the specification it was sold as. I received a letter from them to that effect but CS denied having sent it out, even though I had it in front of me and read it out to them.The agent gave the impression she thought I was lying and it was like hitting my head up against a brick wall. I have never felt the same about QVC since that experience.What's happened to 'the customer is always right?'

lou, go to your bank (as has been said on here), but also publicise it as much as you can (on here is a start, but other review websites, too). Write to Q to complain and demand they check into it, just saying "we've not done it" isn't enough - insist they reply in writing, not by phone. Citizens Advice (try their online Adviceguide website - just type 'Adviceguide' into Google) and Trading Standards, too.

That's really good advice that to get in touch with Citizens Advice.

i got my money back nearly a week later. it was my money but it was taken off me by qvc who had an interest free loan at my expense. and the hundreds if not thousands of other customers:mysmilie_51:

i got my money back nearly a week later. it was my money but it was taken off me by qvc who had an interest free loan at my expense. and the hundreds if not thousands of other customers:mysmilie_51:

and thier attitude is so stinky they dont even want to apologise properly. acting like your ruining thier day. only nice and polite when you are making an order

When it's a clerical or accounting glitch it's difficult for Trading Standards to take action where the retailer or bank acknowledges the problem and is seen to be addressing it. Being slow to remedy the glitch isn't the same as denying they've made any mistake (even if the CS madam is condescending). In OP's case the CS person should have been able to see that the double-payment had been made and refunded rather than implying Loujareth's double payment had never happened. Who trains these people?

Latest posts

Back