Centigrade prices UP

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sort of at the other end of the scale at an 18/20. I'm also not short at 5 6". And I can shop pretty much anywhere. Maybe not in Miss Sixty or Top Shop but that's fair enough. I think if you're anything from a 12 to a 18 all shops cater for you. Anything smaller or bigger and it's not so easy.

I used to be bigger and that was tough at times. T shirts and basics were relatively easy but quality classic clothes were a nightmare.

As far as QVC goes I do think they cater for larger sizes but some if their ranges are useless for anyone over a 20. I can wear the top sizes in things like Kim n Co (dresses) and Tiana B but anyone bigger than me is going to struggle. Nina Leonard caters for larger than a 20 as does Antthony and probably Susan Graver and Attutudes for Renee.

I've no idea about petites but I'm guessing very few if any would suit. The only one that I would guess might is Michele Hope. Her tops are always short in the sieves and length it seems to me but that's a bit like Hobson's choice isn't it??

I don't want to wear stretchy nylon lace though Tinkerbelle. It's so 1980s and a fire hazard too.

I ordered the TSV in purple as I need a new warm coat, however, I am a size 20-22 - so I went for the XXL purely cos the size 18 model was in a XL - I'm certainly not the size on the internet for a XXL but you do tend to need a bigger size in a coat...well we shall see - maybe I really will be wearing my duvet in the New Year (as Glen explained) :taphead:

Gone for one for my middle daughter, I've looked around for similar coats and they tend to be in the same price range but have the advantage of owning two Centigrade coats myself and loving them. Yes I think the prices are higher but these down and feather have been around the £50 level since last year, been keeping my eye on them you see.

Latest posts

Back