Catherine Huntley - Twitter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I buy my bedding from TK Maxx; or Dunelm. The Poster who said that the more expensive the quality the harder it is to iron is dead right, particularly when it needs to be ironed out of the packaging. My 'treat to me' is never ironing bedding, so off it goes to the launderette for service wash and iron - job done.

I often find the more expensive the harder they are to iron. I've bought expensive stuff which is the very bottom of the pile when going to the airing cupboard whereas ones from a local chain store are washed and worn on a rota and look fine.

Well to listen to Kelly Hoppen banging on about her 40,000 thread count, it must take an industrial steam press to iron!

Having been away from shopping telly for a while, it's nice to know they are still using the same old "techniques" to flog things; if I was the "friend" in question, the next time she stayed with me I'd be tempted to do something nasty with one of the bedroom pillows (not a Northern Nights one, of course!!!).

Or you could make them an 'Apple pie' bed ! (memories of a naughty 1960's childhood !)

Shopperholic, thanks, hon, I've missed you all and hope everyone is well. Joining in the cheap-v-dear bedding theme, I agree that you often get more wear out of the cheaper stuff than the so-called "high quality" bedding. I've had bedding bought from Asda and other chains which has lasted me for years, especially when you buy in the sales, where you can get some good bargains, especially in Asda. I've found Argos pretty good, too, and a good variety of different colours.

Hi H, great to see you back. I agree, I'd do something with the pillows too (not Northern Nights) and it ain't plumping them, if you know what I mean :mysmilie_17:

Shopperholic, thanks, hon, I've missed you all and hope everyone is well. Joining in the cheap-v-dear bedding theme, I agree that you often get more wear out of the cheaper stuff than the so-called "high quality" bedding. I've had bedding bought from Asda and other chains which has lasted me for years, especially when you buy in the sales, where you can get some good bargains, especially in Asda. I've found Argos pretty good, too, and a good variety of different colours.

I agree H, just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it's better, I've had some really good bedding from Argos too and it wasn't expensive, it's washed really well and still looks good.

QVC want to sell everything as fast as they can. They really do not care if they are leaked early. As long as they are all sold.

I am genuinely surprised at how seriously people take this and really think they are part of a nice club where their friends show them lovely things on the telly.

Latest posts

Back