Carla fromTig.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Saw the. lovely Carla on with Emu and now with ABR, hope she hasn't stopped doing Tigs as she is by far the best guest on Q.

That's where i've seen her before it was bugging me.
I agree with RD's description of her.

Wow. I think she is one of the most un-snobby and un-smug guests ever!

Isn't it funny how we perceive people so differently?!

Humans - we're a funny old breed!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

She's not the best guest but she's also not the worst - she's a sales assistant except she's in your lounge so should be able to sell anything. I saw her earlier and she was elevating a casual top into something you could wear in a smart office and that grated a bit with me, but then earlier 'Genivieve' was telling us that a cotton skirt was a nice warm article to wear in Winter despite Kathy saying it wasn't a Winter item!

Im not sure I'd describe Carla as snobby exactly, but I really don't warm to her... so if she fronted less brands I'd be happier.

Carla from Tignanello

Just switched on the Q and was about to turn off the Basso hour, when I saw that the guest presenter was Carla who also presents the Tignanello range of handbags. If I was among the powers that be at Tignanello, I would not take too kindly to being 'tarred with the same brush' as Dennis Basso, and this is what will happen, rightly so imo, if their guest also associates herself with Basso and his vile, tortuous practices. There is absolutely no way I would purchase from a line whose guest sees nothing amiss in presenting a range which owes it's financial success to the murder of innocent animals, and the way in which it is executed. Shame on you, Carla. To be honest, coming from a former IW presenter, I wouldn't expect anything better, but we can live in hope.

She's been on with Emu boots & another brand that I can't remember.
I've been thinking for a while that QVC are going to be promoting her to regular presenter.

I like her, always have. IW made a mistake in getting rid of her IMO.

So I am assuming you wouldn't buy anything from QVC Louise as they have Basso on their books and most of the presenters have worked with him at one time or another.

So I am assuming you wouldn't buy anything from QVC Louise as they have Basso on their books and most of the presenters have worked with him at one time or another.

The point I was trying to make, loveheart, is that I find it difficult to believe anything she says, when she has no qualms promoting the brand of a man who has no scruples whatsoever. Consequently, this would make me doubt her morals also. It would be very easy, ideally so, to say that because the Q sell Basso I won't be patronising them any longer. There are certain items which can only be purchased from the Q (NN, Cooks Essentials, et al), plus the customer services department is excellent, resulting in risk free shopping. I believe that my principles are fully intact because I have not, do not, and will not purchase anything from this man's range and, by so doing, make a financial contribution to his continuance of the abuse of animals. Without ethics we have nothing. My conscience would not permit me to buy anything from a brand which promotes the torture of animals. As an animals rights protester, I feel extremely strongly about this. I purchase nothing from the Q which would make me question my innate principles. Also, I do not spend so much with the Q in the scheme of things that, if I boycotted the channel, they would suffer at all.

Re: Carla from Tignanello

She's just doing a job surely? She may not agree with what he does, I doubt if many people associated with Q do. However, if they refused to work with him I'm pretty sure they'd be out of a job. Morals or feeding my family? Hmm, know which I'd choose.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

She's been on with Emu boots & another brand that I can't remember.
I've been thinking for a while that QVC are going to be promoting her to regular presenter.

I like her, always have. IW made a mistake in getting rid of her IMO.

Did they get rid of her? I think IW must be incredibly hard work - having to bang on about one product for an hour and then be enthusiastic for another hour of torture. I always imagined that most of them would be off like a shot if something else came along. Anyway, I like Carla too. She's calm and confident, doesn't shout, cackle, boast or prattle like her life depends on it and QVC could do one heck of a lot worse than sign her up asap, along with Marie Francoise and the blonde girl who does some jewellery shows. Sarah Lou, is it? Sweep out some of the dross at the same time - please.

I can't imagine Juila Roberts for one, is particularly honoured with Basso's practises, but at work you cant just say u wont do something because you don't like a person whos made the clothes say or methods, you've just got to be professional

Why is it shame on her? maybe she doesn't feel as strongly as you do. Everyone's morals and ethics are different.

She's a very pleasant, beautifully groomed saleswoman and ethics don't put food on the table.

She seems to be presenting all sorts of things now, Centigrade, Basso, Emu etc. Wouldn't be surprised if they phase her in as a presenter.

i think she would make a good presenter , she clearly has her head screwed on.. the lass is earning a living end of story .. she could be sponging off the state ,, so what if she is a guest presenter for several different company's ... she is clearly sought after .... good for her I say .. she isnt full of herself like some of the regular presenters ... I think a pretty face like Carla's on there fulltime would ruffle a few feathers .. it might even jolly some of the old school along a bit

I think she'd be ok. I don't like Basso at all, but I wouldn't necessarily single her out for that because the whole QVC channel supports him. I think she is so far less annoying than lots of the others and seems professional which is good, focuses on the products etc. Also she has quite a good voice.

I think she's fab and I really can't see what's to dislike about her. She is totally inoffensive! Even Jill is bonding ;-) (I do love our Jill though!)

Latest posts

Back