Can't take it any more!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
QVC are still disputing a sum they took from my Mastercard for an item I had cancelled. They have not record, but fact remains, the sum was taken from my account and after five emails they still have not explained what this sum is for, unless it is for the cancelled item. I have had to send them a copy of the item on my statement.

So far this has taken FIVE emails and each time I have to put membership no, order no and item no as their system is not working.

I am cancelling all outstanding orders. It is just too much hassle.

I get the impression that QVC CS is getting complacent and hope that if you have a complaint you'll eventually shut up and go away. I also think they may be hiding behind the "fault with the new website" excuse. I know there is a grey area in banking, when an order is placed the money is "ear-marked" in your account for the order and unavailable from that moment but not technically in QVC's clutches. So I hope that's all that has happened and once the cancellation is fully processed the earmarked funds are released. If you paid by credit card I'd ring them, (or you bank for debit payment) they will at least tell you the exact status of the funds. I've found credit card companies very sympathetic when chasing up online retailers. Armed with info from your bank or CC company I'd email the CEO, Ruthmay. You sound completely at the end of your tether so I hope you get someone to take you seriously, not fobbing you off all the time!

Jude xx

I sympathise Ruthmay because I have never yet received a returns label or claim form for a missing item without several prompts - but this takes some beating.

I think Akimbo is right in saying that they hope we'll get fed up and and not pursue complaints because of the hassle. Perhaps we should all make a note of the CEO's e-mail address because if the service continues to deteriorating at the same rate as the new website we may well need it.

Seems that the "award winning" call centre is slipping down the bog like most other aspects of QVC.

Now that I think about it I've not heard the above phrase used much lately whereas at one time the presenters spouted it at every given opportunity

I sympathise Ruthmay because I have never yet received a returns label or claim form for a missing item without several prompts - but this takes some beating.

I think Akimbo is right in saying that they hope we'll get fed up and and not pursue complaints because of the hassle. Perhaps we should all make a note of the CEO's e-mail address because if the service continues to deteriorating at the same rate as the new website we may well need it.

Just tell them you are going to go "public" with this - Watchdog, local papers, DM financial man (the only good bit of DM), and that you are not going to let this matter drop.

RuthMay that's ****** ridiculous. They HAVE to be able to tell you what the sum deducted is for. Did you pay by debit or credit card? If it was a credit card then talk to them and explain the situation. They will then talk to QVC as it's an unauthorised debit on your account and the credit card could be liable to repay it. That's not the case with a debit card.

I presume you've tried calling? I often find it's easier to call than to email. If you call, be calm and friendly ... even if you want to throttle someone. Use phrases like "can you help me" and "you have to help me". I was told to do that some years ago by a solicitor when dealing with an insurance company stonewalling me and I have to say it works. If you can't get an answer ask to speak to someone more senior who can help you. Or suggest you call back tomorrow to give them time to look into it but make sure you call back.

Be polite, be friendly but be clear that you will not go away. It will work.

You have my full sympathy.Whilst this has never happened to me....when I have had small issues in the past,I find you get passed from pillar to post and all with a scripted message,without any real answers.

I'm trying to be very careful with my money at the moment.I'm ashamed to say I've never been through my bank account with a fine tooth comb,like I have done these past two months.

I know i have not bought anything from QVC since the last kipling TSV.Thats why I was so surprised to see a 9.99 debit on my bank statement from QVC about 2 weeks ago.I promptly phoned them up and got promptly told it was my last easy pay for my peony orchid TSV way back in the summer.Fair do's.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make in my case they told me what my 9.99 was for.They should be able to tell you what your money was spent on,thus proving if it was ever spent.

I dread to think how much QVC may have messed up all my easy pays,cancelled orders etc in the past...I've just never checked...I've always relied on QVC to be !*correct* when clearly they're not.

As to where you go from here,I'm sorry I don't know.......other than demanding a manager/writing a letter/talking to the accounts department/emailing the boss??

I agree with Rainbowdottie, they should be able to tell you what the money is for - I had a similar problem, put an EasyPay order on the wrong card and saw money deducted that I didn't expect to go out - I phoned up CS and I have to say the lady I spoke to was very helpful. If you don't get a sensible reply with some information to your latest email, try phoning and speak to a person, and if they can't help ask to be out through to a supervisor.

I hate phoning any kind of CS and prefer to write emails but have found with QVC you often don't get very far with email.

Contact your credit card company and ask them to dispute it Give them all the facts and they will sort it out for you. Dont muck about with QVC any more. They will have to reply to the card company within a certain time or you will be credited by your card company.

i had a problem with talktalk over a bill i paid on the phone, i had to start a mandate dispute , getting the bank involved moved things on very quickly . good luck

Many thanks Tinkerbelle for your detailed reply and everybody else as well who has taken the trouble to write in detail.
It all started on the phone with a gormless girl from CS, she kept going off the line and kept me hanging on and hadn't a clue what she was doing! Am too furious at the moment to be nice to them, I have emailed three times today and not had a reply. I will take it up with the CEO as suggested. many thanks for the address.

the thing that riles me is, if you have a problem with an order with Marks or Amazon, you go to your account and your details and order are listed, so all you have to do is write in what the problem is and I always get a prompt and courteous reply.

will keep you posted. thanks so much for the sympathy. in great need of a big snifter!!!!

I paid by credit card Tinkerbelle, fortunately. I will write to the CEO and just send him copy of email. Ringing Bank is another huge nightmare, getting through takes about a week! Progress, eh!

Good luck. I don't blame you for being too pipped off to speak to anyone today.

Get your bank on the case if you can.

Keep us posted.

I have just received this email:

> Please accept my apologies for this ongoing issues.
>
> I have forwarded the details to our Finance team to ensure this amount is
> processed back into your account in the coming days.
>
> If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Lawrence
> Customer Care team
>
>
Still not happy - means I am still short until they deign to reimburse me. Wonder if my mail to the CEO has had anything to do with it. only sent it an hour ago, so expecting a bit too much.

thanks everyone for being so incredibly helpful. There really are some good and kind people on here,.

"in the coming days" WTF could they be any vaguer describing an indeterminate period of time?

Hope you get a quicker solution than this Ruthmay!

Jude xx

"in the coming days" WTF could they be any vaguer describing an indeterminate period of time?

Hope you get a quicker solution than this Ruthmay!

Jude xx

I think that too Jude - but am so fed up with all the time it is taking, and would it make any difference? it takes them literally seconds to take your money and anyone's guess how long it takes to put it back into your account. It was not a huge sum, but I need it more than they do, otherwise I suppose I would have made even more fuss.

I never really check my QVC returns on my bank statements, I mean I check them, but because some of my payments are in easy pays, I have no idea which is which, and I have been trusting QVC. Even my other half has often asks me if I have checked. Once I rang QVC, and asked them how do I know which is which and a "clever" person said, "you just ask us".
So since then I try to write down sales.
I think there should be a more effective way of checking on our QVC payments.

Latest posts

Back