Can I start a ridiculous thread?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The "If I were you, I'd buy more than one" usually a horrendously overpriced top that would set you back about £80 and of course if you want to spend £4.95 on p&p instead of £9.90 you'll have to make sure you buy the same size and colour!
To this day I don't understand how what (to my eyes) seems like a 'basic' T' that they sell for £80+ and people obviously purchase them (otherwise the same item wouldn't be on (or variations of), have these people not heard, there are 'cheaper' out there!

I made a number of complaints about Abbie/Abi/Abbey & her ridiculous claims; one was her insistence that you could take your Dyson to your salon where they'd be delighted to use it, ensuring your hair looked better than it had ever done before. Daft woman should really know that hairdressers have public liability insurance & wouldn't consider using a client's dryer. Her regular spiel includes the fact that 'most' dryers get up to 240 degrees, they don't that is the temperature at gas mark 9.
Everything that comes out of that 'dear dear' (clearly 'afflicted') mouth I take with huge 'bonkers' amount of salt, she may be on par with other 'guest sellers', but the claims and terminology used is a 'patronising tap on the head' type movement!

Everything that comes out of that 'dear dear' (clearly 'afflicted') mouth I take with huge 'bonkers' amount of salt, she may be on par with other 'guest sellers', but the claims and terminology used is a 'patronising tap on the head' type movement!
I think if there is still any checking of the legality of the claims they make, there must be some nervous lawyers...

I also see MH aimed at the older lady, but the one who's still mourning the loss of Brentford Nylons from the high street and that Pippa Dee parties are no longer a thing. Failing that it's for people that want to look like they've bought their clothes in a joke shop, masochists who like the feeling of itchy lace next to their skin, whilst simultaneously sweating buckets, and enjoy getting an electric shocks on a regular basis - Her prices are as "shocking" as the her clothes. ****** awful!
I'd forgetter about Pippa Dee. My mum bought a 70s (it was the 70s) stretchy long shiny purple print dress from there and wore it to parties (the kind that were held at home with pineapple and cheese on sticks and cheap white wine). I always thought she looked very glamorous

Oh, there was a few complaints on QVC Facebook last week about the IT Works Sponges, the white ones that take everything off pots and pans etc. Well shouts of fake demos. The people complaining saying they bought and did nothing for their pots and did not remove the burn on parts as shown in the demo. Others saying for the demo they just put on dried gravey which looks dark and removes easily.
I bought them about 10 years ago and they were useless then. Was glad to use them up

A lot of their demonstrations replace dried on grease with dried on gravy pretending to be grease.
Exactly. It's always water-soluble, whatever the 'baked in grime' is, hence it comes off with very little effort and the product looks miraculous. I'd like to see it used on a real old chip pan or roasting dish.

For some reason "classic black" grates upon me - No such colour! I totally understand shades of colour ie royal blue, shocking pink, lemon yellow...but black is black!
"Classic Black" irritates me almost as much as "Winter White". Unless they're selling the item in spring or summer of course, when it reverts to plain old "white"

"crisp white" is another one, invariably used to describe a shirt. In QVC land, all white shirts are 'crisp'. They need to visit my ironing pile and laundry cupboard to see just how not crisp a shirt can be.

"Classic Black" irritates me almost as much as "Winter White". Unless they're selling the item in spring or summer of course, when it reverts to plain old "white"

"crisp white" is another one, invariably used to describe a shirt. In QVC land, all white shirts are 'crisp'. They need to visit my ironing pile and laundry cupboard to see just how not crisp a shirt can be.
I think winter white is more of an "off white" or ivory shade as opposed to brilliant white. Agree about the crisp bit though, same here though my socks usually come out a bit crisp!

I've not heard this little "gem" for a while, but when presenter suggests buying an expensive set of toiletries/skincare to take, or give to someone who's having a stay in hospital. FFS, It's not a trip to a hotel, it's hospital! Generally if you've got to stay in hospital, there's something wrong, and your beauty regime is going to be very low down your list of priorities. They'll say anything to make a sale

A stay in hospital is hardly the time you would be experimenting with a new brand (doctor doctor I've developed a terrible rash my medication doesn’t agree with me) . If anything you would be making sure they had the basics they were already happy with.

Imagine being in a ward of 2 or 3 and one binlid decides to spray Tova every 20 minute, you would be looking for an early discharge.

A stay in hospital is hardly the time you would be experimenting with a new brand (doctor doctor I've developed a terrible rash my medication doesn’t agree with me) . If anything you would be making sure they had the basics they were already happy with.

Imagine being in a ward of 2 or 3 and one binlid decides to spray Tova every 20 minute, you would be looking for an early discharge.
Remembering, of course, to do the 'Tova Arc' of spraying, thus getting all the equipment, beside table, curtains and whatever smelling of a tart's boudoir.

'binlid' - that's one of my favourite phrases, along with 'eejit', which also fits well.

Winter white is a colour. It is white with a touch of cream in the dye. I like it as it is not so stark against my old face. Grey is now also a good colour for me. My face colouring has faded over the years. I am now pale with just a touch of pink in my cheeks.

I agree, Katy P looked so frumpy ! black ankle boots with an ordinary length pleated skirt and an ageing sparkly purple top. Who the hell wears sparkly tops anymore ???? I'm over 70 and wouldn't wear one - ever.
A French friend of mine wore a sparkly black top from M&CO last Xmas. She looked very glamorous in it. I was tempted to rush out and buy one!

Easter's just around the corner, so look out for the myriad items clutter that will be far better than an easter egg! Of course they'll mention the person who's watching their weight, which never seems to matter when they're trying to flog us over priced pies, sweets and popcorn. They'll airbrush the fact that the Chocolate egg is a traditional (and enjoyable) part of Easter, same as they do at Christmas when they suggest that nobody wants a traditional cheapo cracker with a paper hat, a bottle opener and a corny joke any more.

A French friend of mine wore a sparkly black top from M&CO last Xmas. She looked very glamorous in it. I was tempted to rush out and buy one!
Did she wear it with a leopard print midi skirt & ankle boots? At risk of stereotyping, French women are chic & Italian women have style. I can't see MH clothes being allowed in either country, let alone being bought.

Latest posts

Back