General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bid are selling EcoTan which has been a staple of QVC for years, Sally has even referred to them by name selling it. Pretty good price too, even with P+P.

I'm surprised to see it on Bid, I have never seen it anywhere else than QVC.

I was just thinking about the whole '7 item' thing
bring discussed on here, and I actually do think it
was right of them to mention it.

I've bought triple packs of things in the past (weed killer
/plant food) and there has only been 1 spray nozzle
included. This is obviously not a problem at all, but it
you may want to split up items & give one to a family member,
or use 2 simultaneously one for the front yard & one for
The back garden. This obviously cannot be done with just one nozzle.

So I really do think it was worth pointing out in the sale
as it may have been an incentive for people to purchase.

wash.jpg

This is the product in question. As the spray isn't actually attached and is an 'extra'; and because it could be used without a spray Mike is in his right to call it a 7 piece kit.

Thank you Benny

I think the picture in this case tells a thousand words

I was just thinking about the whole '7 item' thing
bring discussed on here, and I actually do think it
was right of them to mention it.

I've bought triple packs of things in the past (weed killer
/plant food) and there has only been 1 spray nozzle
included. This is obviously not a problem at all, but it
you may want to split up items & give one to a family member,
or use 2 simultaneously one for the front yard & one for
The back garden. This obviously cannot be done with just one nozzle.

So I really do think it was worth pointing out in the sale
as it may have been an incentive for people to purchase.

I'm a firm believer that it's always better to have access to two nozzles rather than one.

You never know when one might stop functioning properly.

Last edited:
oh here they are excellent news

bullying, troll like all the comments are coming out

Who is bullying? the two main people debating about this issue are just having friendly banter as far as I can see. Please don't take things too seriously & post such unpleasant comments.

I don't say this to be rude but you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder ever since some comment got posted (yesterday?). I don't know what it was about but I hope that one instance doesn't effect all your posts as you always seemed a nice guy who enjoyed the banter.

It is very ironic that a debate is about this product which is one of the better ones Bid sell as indicated by how fast they sold

OK everyone, settle down
I think PJ is commenting on the irony of 'over egging the pudding' by including lids, nozzles etc. as separate components of the product which takes honesty and transparency to the ridiculous
Certain forum members are very quick to jump down his throat when he passes a comment; these members need to look again and see that PJ is always polite, courteous, gives credit where it's due and apologises readily when wrong, he never makes personal or insulting comments (unlike some forum members) he respects others' opinions and is due the same respect in return.
I've been working for the last few days so have been too busy to post, I wasn't avoiding the thread, I hadn't even read it until now
Yes, you'll notice I said I've been working, I have a professional career so don't you dare suggest that we don't have 'proper jobs', that is extremely insulting
So, bingo, whilst you are entitled to your opinion and to have it respected (and you've contributed some valid and entertaining posts) you are not entitled to be personal or insulting, I am sick of you coming on here and winding things up, lay off attacking individual forum members, you're verging on bullying troll - like behaviour.

I appreciate your opinion deedee. but i feel it is a tad rose tinted. i have read posts. countless posts which exhibit said 'troll like behaviour' but as they are from 'the pack' and directed at people who like BID they are seen as 'in the name of honesty and fair play' and nobody blinks an eye! where as if anyone dares question one of 'the pack' they are labeled a troll and thats just that. point and fact .. right here!

want an example? ok. i put up a witty breaking news post which pokes fun at a few members. it is taken down immediately! wirral posts the same thing with the same content and surprise surprise it is still up now.

Personally. i dont think its right to flippantly label someone a liar unless you can substantiate it. the man has a family and this is his career and he seems to be trying hard to play your game. the least you all could do is keep the goal posts still

Who is bullying? the two main people debating about this issue are just having friendly banter as far as I can see. Please don't take things too seriously & post such unpleasant comments.

I don't say this to be rude but you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder ever since some comment got posted (yesterday?). I don't know what it was about but I hope that one instance doesn't effect all your posts as you always seemed a nice guy who enjoyed the banter.

I am not allowed to discuss what it was about i have had a warning (despite not using any language myself)

You are right my posts have slipped to the standards below what they should be of late but i am still very annoyed and i dont mind saying that

Can somebody clarify why bingos post was taken down?

It was in no way offensive

I appreciate your opinion deedee. but i feel it is a tad rose tinted. i have read posts. countless posts which exhibit said 'troll like behaviour' but as they are from 'the pack' and directed at people who like BID they are seen as 'in the name of honesty and fair play' and nobody blinks an eye! where as if anyone dares question one of 'the pack' they are labeled a troll and thats just that. point and fact .. right here!

want an example? ok. i put up a witty breaking news post which pokes fun at a few members. it is taken down immediately! wirral posts the same thing with the same content and surprise surprise it is still up now.

Personally. i dont think its right to flippantly label someone a liar unless you can substantiate it. the man has a family and this is his career and he seems to be trying hard to play your game. the least you all could do is keep the goal posts still

Bingo, your post that I jokingly plagiarised hasn't been taken down at all.

In fact the whole thread is still there. How else could I have ripped off your considerable talents? :grin:

I expect much better from you!

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?42179-Shocking-breaking-news!!

Last edited:

and the truth shall set you freeeeeeee

Would you like to be "set freeeeeeee" by talking about the ring?

I don't see how showing the picture makes you right, it shows exactly what I described in my first post about this. To use the product effectively you need the nozzle and spay trigger. But that is just my opinion. I post things like this not to crusade, not to have a crown but to spark a debate. I love to be proved wrong. Look at my post about Peter Sherlock I changed my mind and said sorry both on the forum and in private. I have lots of friends on here or the pack as someone called them but they are the first to say to me when I am wrong, like when I found a Twitter account which I wrongly said was someone on here.

This is a forum which is for debate. Can we not just stick to debate? I promise you I will be the first to change my mind if someone makes a good point.

PJ

You are asking to go back to debate Pj and in the very same post having yet another dig at bingo about the ring purchase?

Should we all tell a few jokes to lighten the mood?

Did you hear the one about the Burglar who was caught red handed in the Bid Shopping warehouse? The Police didn't pursue charges, they got him sectioned instead.

This is a forum which is for debate. Can we not just stick to debate? I promise you I will be the first to change my mind if someone makes a good point.

PJ

You get 3 liquid containers (3 pieces); 2 unattached nozzles (2 pieces); 2 cloths (2 pieces). Surely calling it 7 pieces is fair as the nozzles aren't attached to the bottles? If they called it a 10 piece set where they included the bottle caps, this would have been different. Bid could have called it a 5 piece set and included no nozzles as they aren't needed to use the product. - Surely this is a good point?

You get 3 liquid containers (3 pieces); 2 unattached nozzles (2 pieces); 2 cloths (2 pieces). Surely calling it 7 pieces is fair as the nozzles aren't attached to the bottles. If they called it a 10 piece set where they included the bottle caps, this would have been different. Bid could have called it a 5 piece set and included no nozzles as they aren't needed to use the product. - Surely this is a good point?

I can appreciate where you are coming from but for me they didn't have to put the amount of bits you are getting at all. We can see when they show it. It felt like to me that they always have to big up a product more than is true. But that is my opinion and I respect you for yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back