Buying on QVC.COM without U.S address

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Claudia

Barefoot hippy chick
Just discovered a site called myus.com (in India Knight's The Thrift Book). I'm definitely going to join. Basically you join up (they do charge, click on membership types and country and a table of fee's pops up) and they give you a real U.S address, the item is then sent to them and they send it to you.......here's the link:

http://www.myus.com/index.shtml

Idea looks great, but postage charges seem to defeat the idea eg $29 to ship an item that weighs 200g and $72 for something weighing 2.5kg, dont think the savings will be that good at the end of the day.

Or have I missed something here?

I guess it depends on what you're buying...it's around £25 postage for 2.3kg worth of stuff....obviously this price also includes the service they give....

I saw that last weekend and my thoughts did turn to QVC.com , but the postage cost took away any advantage for me, its worth keeping an eye on though if the exchange rate becomes more favourable to us in the future.

Current exchange rate being $1.57, $72 works out at about £45, admittedly if you go for premium option it reduces to about £32 but it does cost you set up and monthly fees on top.

I accept it includes their service, but still seems steep to me, guess just trying to save as much as I can.

Also there is still risk of duty when it comes over so that to pay on top.

Current exchange rate being $1.57, $72 works out at about £45, admittedly if you go for premium option it reduces to about £32 but it does cost you set up and monthly fees on top.

I accept it includes their service, but still seems steep to me, guess just trying to save as much as I can.

Also there is still risk of duty when it comes over so that to pay on top.

Yup, you'd pay duty anyway from the U.S

I was thinking of it more for a super duper U.S QVC TSV, could well be worth it, or something only available in the U.S

Buying on QVC.COM without US address

I have just got into South Western Silver for the first time. They have an enormous website and there are some items I would like but for some reason they will not ship to UK, so this would be very useful.

My sister and brother in law are going out to Boston tomorrow until Christmas then possibly going back after the holidays so I may be able to get her to order anything I want off QVC US that will be cheaper!

I think you might have to have a credit card registered to an American address also to order from QVC USA :question:

The site does has a personal shopper service, that will buy the item for you, then bill you...all for a fee of course.

The site does has a personal shopper service, that will buy the item for you, then bill you...all for a fee of course.

Oooh, that's handy, hope you manage to get a few bargains :)

I'm going over to USA in February and hoping to empty the shelves in Sephora into my case :jump:

I thought I was the only one having those thoughts. I am going over to NYC in March and I have visions of spending a part of my day making a Pilgrimage to Sephora :18:

Last edited:
Dont forget if its over £18 and customs stop the package you will have to pay, VAT+Import Tax+Couriers Handling Fee

I was in a sephora in chicago just over two weeks ago. Only heard about them through this site.

Bought some Laura Geller which was why I went as I love her stuff otherwise I'm not into make-up and react to a lot of stuff so didn't buy anything else.

What was interesting was that even with a better exchange rate the Ojon seemed no cheaper than QVCUK.

Latest posts

Back