Butler and Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or have any other forumites noticed a decline in the quality of B&Ws output of late. I have items from years ago that I wear a lot and they're as good now as they were when new. However, some of his newer items are not as good. I've had a couple of earrings and a ring where small crystals have dropped out after not a lot of wearing. Today I received the multi-coloured crystal oval bangle. It looked really pretty but the construction of it was surprisingly poor - the end of the bangle didn't meet up properly and there was a big gap when the clasp was closed. The edges were rough and the whole thing just didn't look properly finished off. I was also worried about those crystals falling out too, so I've sent it straight back. I wonder if my 2-star review for it will be published? :)

Is he riding on his name and losing the quality or has he just gone too far in cutting the manufacturing costs? I suspect, too, that this is one that has previously been returned by another customer. B&W items are usually vacuum wrapped to the little padded base in the box, but this one was just shoved into a large zip-lock baggie.

lots of people have commented on the poor quality of his items ...two pieces i ordered (and returned) were quite shocking for the price. He won't be able to live off his reputation for much longer if it continues!
I do have a t-shirt of his (no embellishments)which is lovely and washes well but won't touch the bags/jewellery anymore.

I've never really understood the appeal of spending £90 for base metal and glass? I ordered a TSV (the asymmetrical flower one) and sent it straight back: scratchy unfinished edges.

My sister who used to live in the US has several Nicky Butler pieces (similar to the Treasurs of India jewellery range in style) and at least they're semi-precious stones and silver http://jewelry.hsn.com/nicky-butler_c-j_a-18_xc.aspx

It seems of the estranged pair I think Mr Butler has the talent for jewellery design and Mr Wilson a talent for making money!

Jude xx

I bought the watch which was a TSV last year in the purple. Although I do like the watch I think the strap is not good quality leather as I have noticed the colour is coming off the strap and showing white bits. I have other brand watches in leather which are better made. I am not very happy but I will still wear it for as long as I can. I also have a couple of t-shirts which I wear very often and they are very well made and wash well.

I bought the watch which was a TSV last year in the purple. Although I do like the watch I think the strap is not good quality leather as I have noticed the colour is coming off the strap and showing white bits. I have other brand watches in leather which are better made. I am not very happy but I will still wear it for as long as I can. I also have a couple of t-shirts which I wear very often and they are very well made and wash well.

I have the purple TSV watch too. My strap started to show white bits so in the end I took it to a watch shop to get a new strap. It cost me £23!!!! I know that's a lot but I hated looking shabby and I do love the watch face. It does look fab now and I asked the man if this strap is better quality and he said yes as the B&W one was leather underneath but plastic on top. My new one is bright blue and looks great.

I do still buy a fair bit of B&W from the shop and haven't had any quality issues with anything so far. Hope I won't! :sweat:

I haven't bought any B&W for a long time.I used to buy a fair few bits - and the bits I did have were very nice.

bought the croc bag a couple of years back and put me off for life :doh:

Latest posts

Back