Butler and Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well...I have been looking for a large, rutilated quartz necklace for ages and ordered item 336635, without actually catching the presentation live, I wasn't sure if it was genuine or synthetic as it didn't cost as much as I thought it would for genuine stones. http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.336635

I was lucky enough to get it even though the video showed it was heading for a sell-out, I'm guessing that was why there wasn't a proper showing of the necklace and earrings, just the preview (someone must have timed out their basket for me to have got it).

This brings me to the point of me posting in this thread....why must they (Julia and Simon) 'fill' for time with their banter? I really don't give a tiny rats a**se that they've had loads of sell outs and have to find ways of 'filling' time other than showing the one or two pieces that they have left...give us a proper showing of all the jewellery including the sell-outs for gawds sake! I can't even get any details from the video it is so brief.

Even if they have sold out people will want to order on waitlist and those that have nabbed them thinking they won't get a chance later still want a closer look at what they've ordered with details such as length, types of materials, weight etc. Sorry, but this really does my nut in even more than Julia and Simons simpering, inane banter.

I don't think this has anything to do with sales regulations, you know, they just have to say clearly that they are showing items that are available on 'wait list' only and for the benefit of those who have ordered them, but are showing in more detail what they have bought...whipping them out of sight after a brief preview is really, really, really irritating!!! Rant over.

Your not alone in that, hate it when they do it whatever the product, B&W make up you want to know how to apply etc

Some times B&W items cannot be reordered as, if the items are not identical QVC will not allow them to be back in stock items. As the stuff Simon uses to make his necklaces sometimes cannot be reproduced exactly then they quite often don't come back. So the idea of them showing items on waitlist in a live show isn't really possible.

Some times B&W items cannot be reordered as, if the items are not identical QVC will not allow them to be back in stock items. As the stuff Simon uses to make his necklaces sometimes cannot be reproduced exactly then they quite often don't come back. So the idea of them showing items on waitlist in a live show isn't really possible.

Okay...so you're saying it's acceptable to flash items in front of viewers who then all rush to order in case they sell out and not get another glance at them till the day they arrive on the doorstep too heavy, too long, too short, with a clasp that cannot be extended and not knowing whether they are a natural or synthetic stone because they cannot be re-ordered? Have you seen the number of B&W sell-outs that end up in the clearance section, Catkins? Quite a few, probably because of this situation...but we're all entitled to our views and much as I respect your reasoning about why they don't return to sell-out items I still find it very, very, very annoying and stick to that view. A possible solution would be to have a pre-recorded in depth video for those who have purchased the items and providing an opportunity to cancel the order before it's too late. I thought the whole ethos of TV shopping was so you could have the presenters help present items for sale that customers might want or did I get wrong?

Okay...so you're saying it's acceptable to flash items in front of viewers who then all rush to order in case they sell out and not get another glance at them till the day they arrive on the doorstep too heavy, too long, too short, with a clasp that cannot be extended and not knowing whether they are a natural or synthetic stone because they cannot be re-ordered? Have you seen the number of B&W sell-outs that end up in the clearance section, Catkins? Quite a few, probably because of this situation...but we're all entitled to our views and much as I respect your reasoning about why they don't return to sell-out items I still find it very, very, very annoying and stick to that view. A possible solution would be to have a pre-recorded in depth video for those who have purchased the items and providing an opportunity to cancel the order before it's too late. I thought the whole ethos of TV shopping was so you could have the presenters help present items for sale that customers might want or did I get wrong?

But that is what the 30 day money back thing is all about. You ring customer care & make a point of rushing to buy it you did not have all the details and it is too short/not narural material ect and they send you a free postage return slip. Personally I do not want to watch things that I can not buy anymore, even if they are on waitlist - as that means I have to wait even longer with a possibility of it not returning.

But that is what the 30 day money back thing is all about. You ring customer care & make a point of rushing to buy it you did not have all the details and it is too short/not narural material ect and they send you a free postage return slip. Personally I do not want to watch things that I can not buy anymore, even if they are on waitlist - as that means I have to wait even longer with a possibility of it not returning.

Even if customer care did provide a pre-paid label for postage (which I very much doubt)...what a load of faffing and queuing in Post Offices to return the item, where a decent presentation would prevent buying items in a panic in the first place. May I ask star234, do you watch every item with the intention to buy? During the night, when they are repeating programmes, they present numeous items that are no longer available. I don't intend to gripe on about this but it is something that I get really, really, really annoyed at so I will shut-up now as I have ranted on long enough. :D

I think it was probably his sense of humour. He teases Julia relentlessly sometimes, but its all good fun. Personally, I think his shows are more enjoyable with other presenters, such as Pipa or even Dale! When presenters monopolise a certain guest every time they're on, it becomes annoying and tedious. Mentioning no names (Catherine and Lulu Guiness, Catherine and Dawn Bibby... ahem) The viewers almost become superfluous in some cases.

Latest posts

Back