Bronzo Italia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Isa thisa stuffa as ridiculousa as it looksa? And what about her OTT accenta? Ain't it all cheap ol' tat that'd turn your wrist green as soon as the plating wears away?

I am very good at wearing off cheap plating and it making me go green, but not with this brand.
I have a few of their earrings including the yellow gold and platinum range.
I am yet to wear through any of the plating - they all seem to be lasting very well.
Yes, the accent isn’t good, but I’m not wearing that !
I usually buy them when reduced in price

Bronzo seems to have ousted Veronese as the gold plated range on QVC. The Bronzo guest's accent isn't as perfect as the Veronese guest's was - but *Ginetta's (?) command of English was better than many of the English-is-their-first-language presenters!

*sorry if I've remembered her name or spelled it incorrectly

I bought a couple of necklaces in reduction, with the turquoise beads, and so far they've been fine. I'm actually pleased with them, and actually they don't look 'cheap'.

I think it depends on skin types as to whether the jewellery leaves a green/black mark. I have a 9ct gold ring and I cant wear it, as it turns my finger black. I also have a £2000 white gold diamond ring, which, after a few wears the 'white' starts to wear off, showing the gold underneath. So then I have to have it re-rhodium plated. Well, we all know that gold isn't white, right ?

Bronzo seems to have ousted Veronese as the gold plated range on QVC. The Bronzo guest's accent isn't as perfect as the Veronese guest's was - but *Ginetta's (?) command of English was better than many of the English-is-their-first-language presenters!

*sorry if I've remembered her name or spelled it incorrectly

Yes it was Ginetta and her English was excellent. She always looked lovely - well groomed, well dressed.

I bought a couple of necklaces in reduction, with the turquoise beads, and so far they've been fine. I'm actually pleased with them, and actually they don't look 'cheap'.

I think it depends on skin types as to whether the jewellery leaves a green/black mark. I have a 9ct gold ring and I cant wear it, as it turns my finger black. I also have a £2000 white gold diamond ring, which, after a few wears the 'white' starts to wear off, showing the gold underneath. So then I have to have it re-rhodium plated. Well, we all know that gold isn't white, right ?

Perhaps the naughty vendor of your £2000 white gold diamond ring saw you coming. :mysmilie_11:

Oh my goda, it is Kathy Tayler and that guesta, and it is very jarringa, to listena, to the pair of thema, Kathy Tayler bumblinga and that guesta with her accenta just so flamboyanta it makes me was to kill myselfa!

Clearly this range is about lending an air of luxury to what is essentially cheap costume jewellery. I don't understand what the appeal is of this stuff. Unless someone is going on holiday and doesn't want to risk losing their fine pieces, I can't see why anyone would want it. I'm sure any jeweller would value it as virtually worthless.

I bought the slim oval hoop earrings last summer and loved them so much I bought another colour. They look way more expensive than they are, haven’t tarnished and certainly don’t turn my earlobes green. I then bought a bracelet in rose gold and that’s lovely too.

Of course costume jewellery is “worthless” in a jeweller’s eyes! I can’t afford to splash out on the real thing so it’s a thumbs up from me.

I only ever have purchased one item from this range, which incidentally I love, as it's the closest looking to 18ct gold that I've seen. 2 years ago I purchased a gold bronze watch which has a larger face, and bracelet. I wear it next to my 18ct gold heavy bangles and 2 lighter gold chains, and you cannot tell the difference between that watch and 18ct gold. It is my intention to buy more and the woman who brings it to us, as absolutely spot on when she talks about wearing the jewellery. I'm from a French/Italian background, and I believe it is for this reason that I wear yellow gold, unfortunately for me, QVC these days sell far too much white metal and pink metal - none of which I will buy. Bring on more yellow I say.

I love costume jewellery, have always chosen to spend my money on my home and holidays rather than precious stones and metals. My Mum had a box full of beautiful costume pieces that she’d bought in the late 1940’s and 1950’s. Sadly they all disappeared gradually - Mum used to say that Dad threw them out because he wanted her to wear only gold. Thing is they couldn’t afford gold ! Her pieces nowadays would be timeless classics and still “on trend”, worth a fair bit.

Sorry I digress !

Perhaps the naughty vendor of your £2000 white gold diamond ring saw you coming. :mysmilie_11:

No, it was purchased from a high end jewellers in Zurich - my late partner took me to choose a 'commitment' ring, rather than call it an engagement ring. I questioned the quality when I had to have the ring re-rhodium plated, and was told that sometimes it depends on the thickness of the plating. So, no more white gold for me.

I only ever have purchased one item from this range, which incidentally I love, as it's the closest looking to 18ct gold that I've seen. 2 years ago I purchased a gold bronze watch which has a larger face, and bracelet. I wear it next to my 18ct gold heavy bangles and 2 lighter gold chains, and you cannot tell the difference between that watch and 18ct gold. It is my intention to buy more and the woman who brings it to us, as absolutely spot on when she talks about wearing the jewellery. I'm from a French/Italian background, and I believe it is for this reason that I wear yellow gold, unfortunately for me, QVC these days sell far too much white metal and pink metal - none of which I will buy. Bring on more yellow I say.

Yellow gold is nice. I personally wear a silver curb chain - which is the only link I have to my father who died in 1993. I always like the gold hours with Jan Springer. She is by far the best guest on QVC.

I can’ta standa the accent.I know I should not say that because she can speak English a great deal better than I speak Italian!

I bought a white gold pendant and chain from a jewellers and was told to be careful with cleaning and getting perfume on it. It seemed strange as I am sure I heard that Magnesium was added to make it white gold.

They just had another cheap costume jewellery brand on - "Love Rocks" or something like that. What horrendous cheap old tat! Eugh! Horrid and common and blingy and nasty! Hate it!

A friend who has a white gold engagement ring was told when buying it would need to be replated once a year. Strangely it is the tips holding the diamonds that wear and need to be done. Which she does but thinks she should have gone for platinum instead.

Now, I love white gold and have rings, bracelets, and necklaces never ever had to have them replated. Perhaps because I am not wearing each one all the time.

Latest posts

Back