Bronzo Italia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A friend who has a white gold engagement ring was told when buying it would need to be replated once a year. Strangely it is the tips holding the diamonds that wear and need to be done. Which she does but thinks she should have gone for platinum instead.

Now, I love white gold and have rings, bracelets, and necklaces never ever had to have them replated. Perhaps because I am not wearing each one all the time.

I didn't know that white gold was plated!! So is 'rhodium plated yellow gold' the same as what is called 'white gold' in the shops? Does that also mean that rhodium is a precious metal that won't make ears yellow?

I didn't know that white gold was plated!! So is 'rhodium plated yellow gold' the same as what is called 'white gold' in the shops? Does that also mean that rhodium is a precious metal that won't make ears yellow?

Just googled.
Why White Gold Turns Yellow. Most white gold jewelry offered today has been plated with rhodium. ... Your jewelry is exposed to friction and stress every day, which wear it away. Eventually, the rhodium covering your white gold will also wear off, and the yellowish lower layer will become visible.

Need my wedding ring doing again.

White gold isn’t truly white. It has a slight yellow tinge, which is why all white gold is rhodium plated.

This is all very interesting. I had always thought that "white gold" just had more silver / white metal added in to the alloy. If it's just plating then that somehow spoils it for me. I quite like silver in its own right anyway - it's a nice metal. Yellow gold is nice too.

This is all very interesting. I had always thought that "white gold" just had more silver / white metal added in to the alloy. If it's just plating then that somehow spoils it for me. I quite like silver in its own right anyway - it's a nice metal. Yellow gold is nice too.

It does have other metals added to make it white, it is then rhodium plated.

I wonder why we no longer see Gianetta from Veronese, she was such a delight. It must be that the range Veronese is no longer being carried by QVC! I miss her she as a great brand ambassador fo them.

Latest posts

Back