Breast Cancer Care Event?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have yet to bag a single BCC item :( It is impossible!

Not impossible if you are a member of ST jellytot :D

I hope it is on as usual as it is a great night as there is loads of excitement and banter on here and I usually buy loads due to all the helpful members on here who find item numbers in advance :)
If you dont get an item at first you just keep keying it in and it usually appears again when you least expect it, you just have to be willing to persevere

Not impossible if you are a member of ST jellytot :D

I hope it is on as usual as it is a great night as there is loads of excitement and banter on here and I usually buy loads due to all the helpful members on here who find item numbers in advance :)
If you dont get an item at first you just keep keying it in and it usually appears again when you least expect it, you just have to be willing to persevere

Thanks for that advice BB but it looks as if I could get all prepared this year and then nothing's going to happen! :confused:

Last year was my first ST BCC night and it was brillianti. I've never managed to get anything in the past but thanks to the clever people here managed to bag loads. It would be a shame not to have such a brilliant get together for a good cause again this year

It wouldn't surprise me if they have cut it out all together, the quality of much of the stuff on offer last year left much to be desired. Steiff did not contribute and neither did some of the other regulars. Didn't they also cut the hours down?

Perhaps they might do something on the official In The Pink Day, 24th October, I just hope they do something or they will go down even further in my estimations.

I'm away in America for two weeks in October, so I hope it's aired on the 1st, or moved to the end of the month. I'm taking my laptop, so would be able to watch online, but I don't think I could pry myself away from my holiday fun for it.

Saying that, last year's offerings were sadly lacking, so maybe I wouldn't be missing much (apart from the craic on here).

It wouldn't surprise me if they have cut it out all together, the quality of much of the stuff on offer last year left much to be desired. Steiff did not contribute and neither did some of the other regulars. Didn't they also cut the hours down?

Perhaps they might do something on the official In The Pink Day, 24th October, I just hope they do something or they will go down even further in my estimations.

That is right there was no Molton Brown, L' Occitane, Decleor, Cooks Essentials or Lock & Lock. I am sure there are other brands that didn't appear last year.

That is right there was no Molton Brown, L' Occitane, Decleor, Cooks Essentials or Lock & Lock. I am sure there are other brands that didn't appear last year.

I think OPI were another brand who didn't appear although I might be having a memory lapse! :D

I think OPI were another brand who didn't appear although I might be having a memory lapse! :D

Oh yes!!! I am sure there are a few others who didn't appear but my brain isn't working right now!!! :laughing:

I would hazard a guess the big suppliers are fed up with donating products for nothing/cost whilst QVC makes a huge fuss over their contribution for the BCC event !

From the Breast Cancer Care website:-

QVC will once again be donating all proceeds raised during their 'Be Aware, Show You Care' show on the night of the Breast Cancer Care London Fashion Show.

This year their range of beauty, fashion and jewellery products will include a necklace specially designed for Breast Cancer Care featuring a beautiful ribbon pendant on a string of cultured seed pearls (£29.50). QVC will also be running a dedicated phoneline for anyone who wishes to donate to Breast Cancer Care on the night.

There is a picture of the neckace here

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=2129

That necklace look strangely familiar, I bought two last year and they went back because the pearls were so tightly strung that the necklace had no chance of sitting properly. I do hope they are not regurgitating all last years tat.

From the Breast Cancer Care website:-

QVC will once again be donating all proceeds raised during their 'Be Aware, Show You Care' show on the night of the Breast Cancer Care London Fashion Show.

This year their range of beauty, fashion and jewellery products will include a necklace specially designed for Breast Cancer Care featuring a beautiful ribbon pendant on a string of cultured seed pearls (£29.50). QVC will also be running a dedicated phoneline for anyone who wishes to donate to Breast Cancer Care on the night.

There is a picture of the neckace here

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=2129
I clicked on the link to Boots and Asda, and I am certain they are still last years details as the tshirt in the picture is last years and the products on the Boots links are last years too.

Oh that's strange, it must have taken me to an old link somewhere!

I have found a page which states that the fashion show will be on Wednesday 1 October 2008 and states

'Sponsors and Gold Donors already secured include QVC ' :)

I've never managed to get anything either. Does this site get any inside info on items numbers so we can jump the queue?

I've never managed to get anything either. Does this site get any inside info on items numbers so we can jump the queue?

We don't get any inside info as such but often members here are able to find items a bit early. :)

Didn't we all say that last year there was a definite absence of any of the QVC brands ie Northen Nights, Cooks Essential,ect, and that they where asking a lot of the other companies to give for nothing when they wouldn't even give themselves. So lets hope they have picked up the all again and we can all look forward to a grea evening and give something to a great charity at the same time.

Latest posts

Back