Breast Cancer Care Event 16/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't see all the show but did they mention Amica at all? It would have been nice for them to have remembered her. Alison K did say something sweet at the end about "Qvc's losses to cancer this year' but it would be a sad if that was all that was said.

Really enjoyed the finale - Vincent & Flavia dancing! Wasn't expecting that! I miss them not being on Strictly anymore.

Just what I was thinking, but we seem to get this every year.

Philip Kingsley
Prepology
Percy & Reed
Philosophy

Or the pink Easi-Yo yogurt maker and the Prepology oven gloves. In fact no kitchen or home items at all!

Didn't see all the show but did they mention Amica at all? It would have been nice for them to have remembered her. Alison K did say something sweet at the end about "Qvc's losses to cancer this year' but it would be a sad if that was all that was said.

Really enjoyed the finale - Vincent & Flavia dancing! Wasn't expecting that! I miss them not being on Strictly anymore.

yes they did mention her and charlie brook was gettin quite upset talking about it

As soon as I saw that smarmy Craig (I have bought everything) was co-presenting I switched off. I have never had any look buying anything on the night, so I will just donate in my local cancer shop when next in town.....

Yes, they certainly did mention her and showed a very moving video tribute of
her. It was quite clear that she was loved and will be very much missed at QVC.

Compared to what was on offer when Q first started this yearly event, the 'stuff' this year was all a bit 'second-hand'. In years gone by there were special jewellery pieces created especially for this event, and other specialty items that ensured we 'jumped to the phones' to bag one. Now its just another opportunity to sell off ordinary products albeit so much goes to the Charity. QVC would gain more respect if they just wrote a massive cheque without the need for audience participation.

Q could have donated all the p&p charged for products to BCC aswell as a nice gesture

Q could have donated all the p&p charged for products to BCC aswell as a nice gesture

But that would have meant them putting their hands in their own pockets instead of other people's. I know I'm the world's worst cynic, and I may be missing something here, but what exactly does Q contribute to BCC? The suppliers donate/contribute the products to be sold at reduced prices, so the suppliers bear the cost of that, and Q then takes 20% of the income plus the overpriced P&P. So how much is Q actually contributing to this event?

Ali K is such an inspiration. What a fabulous, fabulous lady.

I agree, and I SO wanted to love her pendant and buy it, but I'm afraid I really don't like it. I actually find it rather a depressing piece - why couldn't it have been something like a star (or somesuch) - something to inspire and cheer - but it's a tear with a rather desperate (to me) plea for hope on it. I understand fully where the concept came from, but I wouldn't want a permanently tearful reminder that "at times hope is all we have to cling on to". It's bad enough being in that situation sometimes, without a daily reminder of it. I would love to have seen a pendant with positive vibes instead of negative ones. Just me I know, and "I hope" everyone who bought it loves it and enjoys it.

I agree, and I SO wanted to love her pendant and buy it, but I'm afraid I really don't like it. I actually find it rather a depressing piece - why couldn't it have been something like a star (or somesuch) - something to inspire and cheer - but it's a tear with a rather desperate (to me) plea for hope on it. I understand fully where the concept came from, but I wouldn't want a permanently tearful reminder that "at times hope is all we have to cling on to". It's bad enough being in that situation sometimes, without a daily reminder of it. I would love to have seen a pendant with positive vibes instead of negative ones. Just me I know, and "I hope" everyone who bought it loves it and enjoys it.

Those are my exact thoughts too. Maybe a heart would have been better but I suppose it's not very original. I was trying to think of a phrase. Perhaps "I wish"? Not sure really.

The year before last I bought a stunning pink stiletto pendant. I would have happily bought something similar or a bracelet by Lola Rose.

There was a rose quartz BCC necklace a year or two ago with a RQ heart which had the word Love etched into it (engraved would be over-selling it) but I only wore it a few times with the word not showing and flogged it at a car boot this summer following a ruthless sort out. I'm not big on hearts anyway. I think I'd wear the Ali Keenan pendant back to front too, I liked the shape of it though so will decide when it arrives.

Just noticed the LO'ccitane handcream has changed to a duo , I hope anyone who ordered it received 2. I guess the duo makes up for it being old stock.

http://www.qvcuk.com/L'Occitane-Imm...=204850-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-20-_-204850

that makes it even more fishy as i bet people who thought it was one properbly only got 1 there again there are no reviews for it so no-one might of bought it

It was changed the week after the event! I contacted Alexis on Facebook to ask why they were selling it at such a high price and she said it was a duo and QVC had made an error and she got the details updated.

Latest posts

Back