Branded packaging

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
I am getting a little bit fed up with QVC sending out their parcel is branded packaging. I often buy things as gift and if you are not home it is often the person you are buying it for that takes it in. Surprise ruined. I did contact the Q about the and they said. Have it delivered to a neighbour to which I said, why should I expect my neighbour to stay in all day for my parcel. This was totally lost on them. Parcels used to come in blue bags but clearly this is not only a cost saving exercise but a brand adverting ploy.

The blue sacks and label previously used were pretty distinctive though so even then it was obviously from Q.

Nowadays most firms use packaging with their logo/name all over it.............Next, M&S, Debenhams, HOF to name just a few!

Given that the vast majority of QVC suppliers ship to QVC's warehouses already packaged, it's inevitable (given the brands are paying for the packaging) that it will be branded.

If you buy clothing or multiples of smaller items, these will often be bagged up in the warehouse. QVC don't always use Q branded bags any more either.

The blue sacks and label previously used were pretty distinctive though so even then it was obviously from Q.
I'm not bothered that it's branded Q as there could be anything in the bag, wham gets my goat is that stuff now come in packaging branded with the product that's inside. As I said, if this is a gift then the element of surprise is gone if the recipient it the person that opens the door to the courier. If there were a parcel shop to get stuff delivered to it would not be an issue.

I find it annoying too. Another thing that really gets to me is the HUGE box with Elemis plastered all over the side and the content is a small bottle of eye serum. Some of this stuff could be sent out in a jiffy bag. Now I'm on a roll. The amount of sticky tape and labels used. I find it really hard to peel all this stuff off and our recycling company insists that it all has to be removed. GRRRRRRRRR!

I started a thread about this recently. I've actually noticed that they're sending more and more out in plain grey bags, no branding at all.

Latest posts

Back