Bloated AY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Nikki thread was about her personal life away from QVC and public.

The AY one is about her appearing on TV and trying to sell us stuff.

AY isnt selling a weight loss book or some wonder drug to lose weight is she? She could be bloated due to illness which isnt anything to do with QVC, i just think it cant be one rule for one person and another for someone else.

Because it cant be one rule for one person and a different rule for another, they are both personal threads yet one has been closed and one hasn't.

The two issues are very different hence why the Nikki thread was closed. You might not agree with decisons admin make but we ask you respect a decision has been made. If you have anything further to say on the issue please do so via PM.

For the 20 years I've been watching Alison she's often mentioned puffy eyes, particularly in relation to certain eye creams resulting in over-night puffiness, it isn't a problem exclusively for those who are chubby. In my case I'm chubby but never get eye bags but have lots of laughter lines and moderate dark circles which don't really bother me. The point I'm trying to make is that Alison never qualifies her eye product claims by saying "if your "insert beauty concern here" is caused by illness, this still might not work for you" She could even talk about her own eye bags and wrinkles, saying they'd be worse or more pronounced when she uses nothing on them. The best any retail beauty product can do is temporarily reduce the look of these concerns, whereas most of the Beauty Bland Ambassadors over-hype their potions and then Q complains when we send em back. Alison never mentions any ongoing thyroid imbalance but folk on here always leap to her defence playing the thyroid card. My own experience of thyroid trouble is that, if I still hadn't struck a balance in the decade since AY's thyroid was mentioned, then you need to pester your doctor to keep monitoring and reviewing your meds. (Again I state for the record that I'm not minimising the ball-aching process of getting the right treatment for thyroid problems) Does anyone know for a fact that Alison has anything more than middle-aged spread and a tendancy towards under-eye puffiness? Whether she's using the wrong eye creams or applying too much concealer she's a poor advert for the products that she's selling ostensibly to similarly aged women.

AY is now a woman of a certain age, just like many of Q`s customers. We`re all aware of ageing and we`re all aware we individually have certain problem areas, whether it be under eyes, chin, neck, lips or wherever. Ali can no longer get away with saying every product works because she`s living proof that it doesn`t. That isn`t having a go at her, that`s simply stating a fact because she has access to every product Q sells and yet she still has the same problems as the rest of us.

AY is a human being like the rest of us and I suspect that her weight fluctuations are caused by her sometimes over indulging and then trying to cut back a bit and lose a bit of weight, the same as the rest of us. She speaks on air of pigging out on chocolate, Mr Kipling bakewell tarts, etc, so she's obviously got a sweet tooth.

I assume that her eye bags are hereditary, and nothing except surgery is going to do anything about them.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no miracle cream or potion to make us look younger and am no longer wasting my money on expensive skincare. I do use a good cleanser (C & P at the moment) and am using ultrasun face cream during the day and Fushi pomegranate oil at night. I have spent over 10 years buying expensive products from QVC and judging by my own face and those of the presenters (including the likes of Andrew Bagley, AY, Julia Roberts) I am in no doubt that they do not work.

When I hear how may layers of gloop Alison says she applies, it is no surprise to me that she seems a bit puffy sometimes. If I put so many layers on my skin would complain! As it is I already have a lot- serum, eye cream, moisturiser, primer followed by foundation, blusher and face defender on top! I seem to remember AY mixing creams and serums, maybe someone with a better memory than me can recall what potions she uses all at once.

The problem with an under-active thyroid is your levels can fluctuate up and down, so one day you can feel wonderful and the next you can feel like s**t! Not only can it affect your weight but also your cholesterol levels and blood pressure and that's just for starters. You should have a blood test every year but routinely only your T4 levels are tested, you may be testing as normal but in reality you're not. The reason so many people leap to Aluson's defence re her thyroid problems is because we know it's not as simple as taking a tablet and you're all cured - far from it!

The point I'm trying to make is that Alison never qualifies her eye product claims by saying "if your "insert beauty concern here" is caused by illness, this still might not work for you" She could even talk about her own eye bags and wrinkles, saying they'd be worse or more pronounced when she uses nothing on them.
I think she actually does the opposite, I've often heard her say that certain products will help if you've been poorly or are on medication. For me the issue is that QVC claim that products will work wonders but this just isn't true, and when we see presenters or guests whose appearance doesn't support these claims we feel we have been misled.

They are sales people, and maybe in some people there is a slight improvement, or a temporary improvement, maybe it's all in the mind. It's all up to the individual what they spend their money on. We are all living in hope for something that makes us look better/younger. If they came on air and said "you can buy this stuff but it's not going to make any difference" then nobody would buy it. If they say it might help or could be beneficial people will buy it.

It's all about selling and they are salesmen and we are consumers/suckers!

They are sales people, and maybe in some people there is a slight improvement, or a temporary improvement, maybe it's all in the mind. It's all up to the individual what they spend their money on. We are all living in hope for something that makes us look better/younger. If they came on air and said "you can buy this stuff but it's not going to make any difference" then nobody would buy it. If they say it might help or could be beneficial people will buy it.

It's all about selling and they are salesmen and we are consumers/suckers!

You got it in one Jackanory !
Diamonique looks like diamonds and can even fool jewellers, Yong Kim is a supposed designer but she`s so shy nobody knows her, Basso makes faux fur look like a ten thousand dollar real fur, one size fits all, this style suits everybody, this cream stops this problem, that lotion flattens wrinkles, this gadget makes you hair free, that person uses this product, this guest works with top names, that pie is handmade, our 30 day mbg is there for you to use as often as you like, our items are sent out brand new and correctly packaged within 3 to 5 working days and so on and so on, the list is endless. All sales ploys, all hype, all off pat, all to make people spend. Sadly it works.

Alison really does get a lot of comments about her weight... Is it actually anyone's business? She's not a diet guru so doesn't actually owe anyone anything re maintaining a certain weight. I don't know what the obsession with criticising her body is, she's not even big. Her body is her business, I couldn't care less what size she is.

Alison really does get a lot of comments about her weight... Is it actually anyone's business? She's not a diet guru so doesn't actually owe anyone anything re maintaining a certain weight. I don't know what the obsession with criticising her body is, she's not even big. Her body is her business, I couldn't care less what size she is.

I totally agree srhgts. Alison like the rest of us is only human. We all have our own issues with our bodies and health.We are all getting older and our bodies changing. In some of the presenters we notice the difference in them because they have been on our screens for years. Poor Jilly has been getting it lately as well. Some of the posts lately must be hurtful to them. We are all not perfect.

She reminds me of Victorian Coren Mitchell. Her fashion choices do not flatter her shape either, big on the shoulders and tulip shape skirts. Maybe women with the gift of the gab are just not interested in clothes. Jodhpurs are comfortable after all.

Latest posts

Back