Bloated AY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lemonz

Registered Shopper
Just caught glimpse of AY looking lovely...yes for a change. That women's weight goes up and down more than Katie Price's knickers :blush::blush:

I believe she has health problems, in particular with her thyroid, and that can cause weight to go up and down.

A lot depends on whom AY is paired with on air. Im sure both TOVA & Lulu demand honey lenses (for the camera) whilst on air, and AY reaps the benefits also. I agree though, AY does look great, my only tiny criticism, her teeth are truly awful! Especially when she wears bright orangey red lipstick

I notice TOVA is wearing AY ring -- looks very similar

Last edited:
A lot depends on whom AY is paired with on air. Im sure both TOVA & Lulu demand honey lenses (for the camera) whilst on air, and AY reaps the benefits also. I agree though, AY does look great, my only tiny criticism, her teeth are truly awful! Especially when she wears bright orangey red lipstick

Tova's is much bigger though, more of a knuckle duster! This is Tova's original ring. I've seen her wear it for years. Ali does indeed look lovely tonight. Very soft and demure.

Okay but sorry, if you caught her on the TSV launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tin Man has returned with a vengeance. Her make up was way too pale, looked heavy and caked and if you turned out the studio lights I bet you would still see her glowing in the dark with the highlighter. Usually when a guest makeup artist is over with a TSV she looks good, no idea what the hell happened last night, did she piss off Mally or her team??? I was actually shocked at how bad it all was.

Actually its the other way round, AY copied off Tovas ring, Tova said hers was a gift from he husband Ernie twenty years ago, but I've just heard AY confess to being a make up artist now, there's nothing this woman doesn't copy?

I believe she has health problems, in particular with her thyroid, and that can cause weight to go up and down.

Thyroid doesn't affect your weight, it just means you produce too much ot not enough of the hormone T3 and/or T4.

Thyrotoxins that are present when you have an untreated overactive thyroid acts like an amphetamine almost, making the sufferer almost hyper and yes it does make them thin. My husband was diagnosed with graves disease which affects the thyroid. It was completely treated in 18 months of thyroid medication. Once the meds removed the thyro toxins his weight increased so rapidly in a matter of weeks. I did not realise a person could pile on so much weight so quickly. It was because the toxins, which had been keeping his weight down...had gone.
I am not certain but I think the reverse is true with an under active thyroid. Sluggish and a tendency to put weight on.

Underactivity of the thyroid gland causes weight gain because your metabolism is slowed right down. The weight gain is not due to overeating as the appetite is suppressed.

Metabolism is increased in overactivity of the gland causing weight loss despite eating like a horse!

I heard her saying last night that she was "a very junior make-up artist". I didn't think make up was her expertise. I think her speciality was hands on treatments/therapies. Not all 'beauty therapists' are good (or even trained) in all aspects. I know amazing 'therapists' who are not so good on make up or nails....I have two sisters, one who trained as a hairdresser and one who trained as a make up artist/theatrical make up. My hairdresser sister is amazing at cutting, but can't do 'hair up' to save her life, and she's not overly keen on colouring!! Yet she was at the top of her game and moved into lecturing. My other sister is incredible at what she does, but it's more focussed, she just does 'make-up' for different occasions.

Surely this thread is as personal as the Nikki thread that was closed straight away :S lol

Don't close it yet please.

I know years ago Alison had some sort of thyroid imbalance and sure enough there are lots of illnesses that impact on the way we look and it's demoralising BUT I've never heard Alison tell anyone that the products she sells can't perform miracles if you have a serious condition. If anything, the QVC beauty selling point is always that painting your nails or plumping you lips or whatever will make you feel better because they'll improve the way you look, even if it's just for the few hours you're wearing the product. Alison appears with all manner of skincare and cosmetics that clearly don't have a huge effect on her actual eye area, so a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss. Andrew Eye-Baggley (as far as we know) isn't battling some long-term affliction that prevents his Gatineau eye products from ironing out his wrinkles. So all I'd ask is that the "beauticians heal themselves" before they do the hard sell on their products. This doesn't mean I'm unsympathetic towards Ali's thyroid or Andrew's sun-worshipping and accident scarring but just once in a while I'd like to hear Alison saying that there isn't an eye cream that can "peel away dark circles" (remember that chestnut?) but I can recommend a concealer that doesn't wrinkle the undereye that previously only looked a bit dark.

The older models Mally used for the TSV launch all looked shockingly lined with the concealer whereas the younger models looked ok; that tells me that it's a product that works on your average under 30 but wouldn't look good on me. TBH I'd rather look tired (with my dark circles showing slightly through my foundation) than add a layer of concealer that makes me look 5 years older. The day I see Ali (with her health concerns if she still has them) looking un-baggy is the day I'll buy the eye product she's selling.

Not over 30 necessarily Akimbo. I will be 42 next month and my Mally/Doll10 and occasional LG combo works great. It is Mally on eyes, Doll10/Mally/LG on face & cheeks and either Mally or Doll10 on lips.

Thyroid doesn't affect your weight, it just means you produce too much ot not enough of the hormone T3 and/or T4.

It does, unfortunately for me as I have an under active thyroid. You have a slower metabolism and can gain weight, even if your diet doesn't change. Maybe that's not her issue, but it does effect your weight, it's one of the primary symptoms for both over and under active.

Latest posts

Back