Birthday event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can’t remember exactly but all the Loriques were expensive and the 6ct stones around £2500. Keep looking at the item code to see if it comes back and use code Birthday at checkout for 20% off. You’ll get it cheaper than auction. I just did that with an emerald pendant. My own game of trust😉

Or better still, wait until after the birthday when they inevitably have 30% off sale - or, even better still, When Jeff is on, get him to do it as a 'load from code' and get it cheaper still.

I think the story he told on the channel (that's back in the day when he did appear on the channel regularly) was that gemology was something he became interested in when he was in his teens - I recall him saying that he was never academic at school, so he looked for something else that would interest him, and became fascinated by gemstones. Glenn Lehrer, I believe, told a similar story, except that he said he was older, just out of university and travelling the world when he became interested in experimenting with cutting gemstones.

Steve's a butterfly - he flits from one thing to another as you've said. All the hype about Sarah being such a wonderful, in-demand designer. A reputation in any field takes years to achieve, it's not a 5-minute wonder, and it isn't achieved by flitting from one enterprise to another and always finding excuses why the grass is greener elsewhere. In my view, he should sort out the mess that Gemporia has become or shut it down.

I've also seen an article by Steve saying that he loves Gemstones that much, Gemporia will be his last business venture. I'm fairly sure it was in the 'Lure of Gems' book.

Several years later, he seems to have lost all interest in gemstones and/or Gemporia - and he's moved onto flogging Bamboo kecks and Pasta that is chewier than rubber.

Latest posts

Back