birkenstock 25/03

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've gone for them in black. Not convinced they will fit well after watching a few shows as it think they will be too broad for the bridges of my feet but they can always go back!

Gone for the purple as I think they might fit my high instep non dancer's feet. I've only got a couple of pairs of basic Madrids, both bought off QVC, but thought these would be ok for in & out of the garden through the summer, maybe on the beach. Doubt I'll wear them out & about though.

Has anyone got their Betula's yet?

Mine just arrived and they fit length wise, that was the bit I was worried about, reading reviews they can come up big. But I am going to have to put an extra hole in the top strap I think?? I have them on the tightness hole but they feel quite loose.

Very light weight indeed.

Actually pleased with them.

No sign of mine yet Donna, hopefully tomorrow when DH is at work; is the purple colour nice?

Jude xx

No not yet but i was reading the reviews just this morning and while good, some were saying they needed to punch extra holes in the straps!

Yes me! - I love them and have ordered the black on waitlist, unfortunately at normal price though. They are deep enough for my orthotic and I'm so pleased I will be able to run around in a normal style sandal this summer :sun:

Mine have not arrived yet, but I have just read the reviews and I am not hopeful that they will fit ok. The majority say they are extra wide and long. I do not have wide feet, so I am expecting the worst. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, its such a pain having to return items.

Yes me! - I love them and have ordered the black on waitlist, unfortunately at normal price though. They are deep enough for my orthotic and I'm so pleased I will be able to run around in a normal style sandal this summer :sun:

That is the reason why I have so many Birkenstocks the orthotic fits so well, not like other sandals.

No not yet but i was reading the reviews just this morning and while good, some were saying they needed to punch extra holes in the straps!

I noticed on the models' feet they looked huge as if there weren't enough holes for their dainty feet. Still, at least it's easier to put a hole in at that end than the other one. I always find straps are too short on many shoes, even if they are designed for wider feet. Birkenstocks I haven't had problems with though, so they have done their homework on those of us poor souls with wide feet and high arches :nod:

I ordered 3 pairs (white pink and purple) and they have all arrived. I wasn't sure about them at first, but they are really comfortable! I just wish it wasn't raining so I could wear them again! I would have liked an extra strap hole though too :)

Mine arrived yesterday; I was surprised how long they took to arrive. However I think they are really good and very comfortable; much better than the flip-flop ones. I have put them on the last hole and still a bit loose on one of the straps however they are ok to walk in and in the Summer it will probably be good to have a bit more room when your feet get hot.

As far as the sizing goes I ordered a size smaller than I usually take and am really pleased I did this! I still have plenty of room; if I had got my usual size they would have been far too big.

:happy:My purple ones arrived today, which is pretty good delivery to the wilderness of Ireland. I love them. As feared, they are wide, but should be ok with another hole punched in. I was more worried they would be too long, but my normal size 6 was fine. I won't chance doing it myself, just have to wait for husband to get his tools out.

I'm looking for some advice about what to wear with birkenstocks. I have a pair of black Giza sandals which I wore last summer with trousers or jeans. I've been in leggings and boots all winter but when I tried my Giza sandals with my leggings , the effect was frightful. For a start my leggings were too long, I usually tuck them into my socks when I wear my boots. My feet looked enormous like flippers. I'm a size 3 and am used to my feet looking petite. Would 3/4 length leggings look any better. I'm only 5ft 2 and chunky and look a sight in a maxi type dress.

I'm looking for some advice about what to wear with birkenstocks.

Where's Glen Campbell when you need him?
tapping%20foot.gif

Sorry Posy no help, I am a size 3 and a half inch shorter than you.
So stay away from leggings as long tops make me even shorter looking. Normal length crop trousers come to near my ankles, not a good look on a short person. I just wear mine with jeans or cargo pants. Can't you buy shorter length leggings???

I ordered the cafe au lait and wish I had ordered a more vibrant colour as they look a bit 'grannyish' in beige, lol. I went down a size and they are really big, sole and straps. I used my cropadile to put some extra holes in and they are fine. They are so comfortable- more comfie than my emu slippers! I love the fact they are so light too. I am just a bit worried they might not be very strong? Does anyone know if these last well, as I do want to keep then despite choosing the granny colour!

mine have arrived and the sizing is a joke..............they are massive.

Got my normal size and there is about 2 inches spare at the back and the tightest hole isn't tight enough. I remember nothing in the presentations about going down a size. Anyway I rang and complained and they are sending me a prepaid label to return them.

Latest posts

Back