Bibi Bijoux Layered Sparkle Charm Bracelet TSV 09/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Believe me, this bracelet will literally cost pennies to make.

Agree, so £38 - take off the what , say 50% profit that Q makes, - that's down to £19; Bibi B must make say at least £15 profit selling to Q, so £4 left for all other expenses on EACH bracelet; and if we are to be believed they sell thousands, not bad figures !

Totally agree. The pouch it comes in will probably cost more than the bracelet itself if you ask me.

I dabble making this kind of thing for myself and buy most of my stuff off Ebay. Granted a lot of it comes from China but I daresay that`s where Bibi buys theirs too. I can buy 50 base metal mixed charms for £2.99, 300 base metal 5mm beads for £2.29 and 5 almost identical magnetic catches for £2.99, all with free p and p and it would make 4 or 5 bracelets for under a tenner. Bibi probably buy thousands of the beads and findings so will make them even cheaper. I bet for their materials its costing less than a pound per bracelet.

Like the BB guest presenter herself, and in the manner of her speaking, it looks like "sa'ink" you'd see on a market stall.

They obviously couldn't get the diamonte ones in gold. Gold bracelet looks particularly odd imo.

Can't believe the prices they're asking for this stuff.
You can pick up similar in any high street shop for a fraction of the cost.

I noticed the costume Jewellery in M&S the other day, I've never looked at it before. I thought it looked fab and a fraction of the price of items I've seen and indeed purchased on QVC.

The problem is IMO that people get sucked into the 'designer' aspect of items that Q sell (myself included).

The irony is, I could ask 20 of my friends if they'd ever heard of 'Bibi Bijoux' jewellery, and I'd put a weeks wage that only Q viewers will have.

I noticed the costume Jewellery in M&S the other day, I've never looked at it before. I thought it looked fab and a fraction of the price of items I've seen and indeed purchased on QVC.

I really like Marks jewellery and own quite a few pieces, some of them are several years old and look just as good as new. I find their stuff doesn`t tarnish. I had one piece which broke, must have had a faulty catch on it, I took it back and they changed it no quibble, didn`t bat an eyelid and apologised profusely.

bibi jewellery is very good quality and mine has never tarnished. not sure about gold plate though.

Describing the tsv earlier today, Maxine described the miraculous medal charms, as marie callas. Just now, she has referred to them as Mary Magdalene. What planet is the woman on? The image on the official miraculous medal, is the Virgin Mary.

I like some of the pieces ( not the TSV) but then I look at the price & thankfully do not hit the BUY button.Maxine then mentions 'footballers wives' & am doubly sure that I am right not to have ordered.Maxine with her eyelashes ( & seemingly glue showing) with FW comments totally puts me off this range.

Yes, it does make you think - especially seeing the promo film with a few gals sat around the table cobbling these together. It crossed my mind too that they would have been at it for 24/7 for years to produce enough to sell the 'thousands' that Q admit to.

(he! he! he ! still laughing at the Maria Callas and Mary Magdalene comment, honestly you couldn't make it up !)

The girls in the atelier are probably designing new models for the workers in China! At least I hope that is the case and the promo is not complete fiction

I ordered the silver option and it arrived this morning, although lovely and shinny it is horrible. Those of you who didn't order, well done!!! I instantly disliked it because it looks so cheap and nasty, the charms are very small and look like they have been stamped out by a mass producing machine in China somewhere. I have one of the 'ball' bracelets and love it so I'm not an anti bibi person, I was hoping it was going to be good. It will be going back because on a market stall they would struggle it get someone to pay a fiver for it; way over priced. I still can't believe the size of those charms! the camera must have been on mega zoom mode. Very disappointing for someone who loves Bibi.

Xstamper I ordered the gold one and I really like it. The charms are small but I prefer them to the bigger ones. It is getting good reviews on Q but some people saying it is hard to get off. I think some people with bigger wrists may find it small length wise.
I also ordered a pair of earrings they are going back as a bit cheap looking.

Latest posts

Back