Biba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of the guest presenters the one with the Zandra Rhodes style haircut was wearing one of the dresses. She looked awful and is apparently a size 12. It looked shapeless. It looked slightly better on the model, think it was Nicola but not much better.

Wow after all the hype I was expecting a good range with some nice clothes, I couldn't stop laughing it was all awful, tragic in fact, there was about two tops that were okish and one bag the rest I would imagine will be in clearance very soon even the range at HOF is mostly in clearance last time I looked a couple of days ago, what was all the hype about for such rubbish!

i agree about the foil t-shirt from pompoose. maybe its a made for qvc range like the kelly hoppen is

Saw a bit of the Biba hour with the white ankle zip jeans and yet again sizing seems to be all over the place. Since when has a size 10 had a hip measurement of 44 inches? I This stuff must be made at the same place as Diane Gilman jeans - sizing all over the place

I only saw bits of the Biba hour, I was not impressed in the little I saw, I liked one blouse it was in a rather nice green/blue colour ... but not enough to pay £64 for it. We were having coffee so I was watching with the sound right down.

I noticed some of the items weren't available till 19th May. You would think with a new line they would have the stock ready to send out.

All the items were on Advanced Order so by time anyone gets it they will be lucky if they have it any more than 3 days before it launches in HOF so not exactly 2 weeks ahead!!!!

I caught a bit of the 10pm show. Do we really need 3 people to show us one dress? Not including the model who at one stage just put a tunic on but never modelled it because it had sold out.

The designer (I think) looked a right mess and the "stylist gave us some very useful tips, like choose a colour from the dress and wear accessories in that colour eg navy, white. Wow thanks. Would never have thought of that! Also you can wear a size 16 if you're a size 12 - will give you that hippy look. Puh-lease!

Oh, I remember going to the Biba shop in Kensington in the seventies. It was fabulous - really stylish, dark interior design, very Art Deco/Nouveau. I bought an olive green, double breasted gaberdine type mac. Sounds awful but the cut & material were great & I used to swan around my home town in it with the collar up, trying to look cool :)
I liked the sparkly jeans & the embellished top which were on tonight & the biker jacket - all too pricey for my budget tho. I thought the stylist woman had the Biba look but the designer didn't seem to have the same sense of style. Some of the items looked tacky - the animal print maxi dress & the tiger t shirt.
Overall, a bit disappointing but then it couldn't compare with the excitement I felt wearing Biba aged 17!

There were a couple of tops I liked but they were very flimsy and not worth the £60 plus price tag. I thought the white biker jacket looked beyond hideous. I was quite shocked at the state of the designer, she certainly wasn't a good advertisement for her clothes. I watched the 10pm show where everything was on advanced orders. Did anyone see the show earlier on in the day and was that on AO too? What is the point in using the fact that you are getting the garments 2 weeks earlier than general sale as a selling point? As someone else stated that won't be the case by the time you actually get the advanced order as it will be in HOF a few days later. Pathetic!! My biggest bugbear though was that the largest size was a size 16 so even if I had wanted anything as a size 18 I am excluded. Very disappointing.

They continued to emphasise the point, that the Biba items were only available yesterday. Another ploy to pressurise us into buying. I could have ordered this morning on the website, if I had so desired.:mysmilie_10:

They continued to emphasise the point, that the Biba items were only available yesterday. Another ploy to pressurise us into buying. I could have ordered this morning on the website, if I had so desired.:mysmilie_10:

This is so interesting Louise. Last night Sara G kept emphasising how we would NOT be able to order 'tomorrow'. Its disgusting that they can use these selling tactics that are obviously lies. She really did give the impression that if you wanted it the day after the live shows then forget it, it would be unavailable. If you wanted it you HAD to order it there and then on the night. It sounded like the whole range would disappear off the website today.

There were a couple of tops I liked but they were very flimsy and not worth the £60 plus price tag. I thought the white biker jacket looked beyond hideous. I was quite shocked at the state of the designer, she certainly wasn't a good advertisement for her clothes. I watched the 10pm show where everything was on advanced orders. Did anyone see the show earlier on in the day and was that on AO too? What is the point in using the fact that you are getting the garments 2 weeks earlier than general sale as a selling point? As someone else stated that won't be the case by the time you actually get the advanced order as it will be in HOF a few days later. Pathetic!! My biggest bugbear though was that the largest size was a size 16 so even if I had wanted anything as a size 18 I am excluded. Very disappointing.

Yes all items were on AO in earlier show!

Out of curiosity Whitesnake I went to the House of Fraser website yesterday to see what they stocked of the Biba range, and noticed that there were more sizes in the range. There are both size 8 and 18, so why aren't QVC doing the same? There wasn't anything that appealed to me but yet again Q is excluding some of their customers from ranges they stock. I am generally size 8 on the High Street and find it equally annoying when, if they do stock an 8 in shops they put one on the rack and if you don't happen to be there the day they arrive in store are never seen again, M&S in particular.
I agree that the designer didn't look great in the clothes and certainly wasn't a good advert for the brand.

I agree with the point already made that SG did stress quite strongly that the hour yesterday was the only time you could order. I have been trying to figure out what it is about QVC that makes me not like it as much as I did when I first discovered it. And I think it is the obvious hard sell which I don't remember being there before. They seemed safe and secure in the knowledge that they were successful with lots of customers with new ones joining every day but now the relentless barely-pausing-for-breath sales pitch and the blatant lie by Sara yesterday that you could only buy Biba during that hour is outrageous. Regarding the model, at least it was good to see a normal woman, not a six foot beanpole wearing the stuff. At least it gave me a better idea of what it would look like on me.

Latest posts

Back