Bethlehem Lights TSV 20/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah it is a Lantern, DF posted a photo on her blog of it ....

beth.jpg

I have the Bethlem Middleton lantern. I bought it at the end of October and it is still on its original batteries.

Well done for finding this!

I was hoping for a nice floral arrangement with lights to put in my (unused) gloomy fireplace......don't think a lantern will do the trick.

Oh well.......a few more quid saved!

Thanks Ian, have a BL Lantern in black and it's fab....can highly recommend this style, looks very classy.

White is sold out. Was just about to order it. My sitting room has teal coloured curtains so I could order it. Decisions....

I think I will buy the darkest one. I have a blind spot in my hallway and I think this will look good undera mahogany mirror. I like this brand so far I have the garden lights and they cheer me up when they come on. since oct the same set of batteries

I went for the bronze one last night as I'm trying to add some steampunk effects in to my rooms and the colour fits in with that and the other dark wood in my home. I loved all the lights I had from this firm at Christmas so hoping this meets up to expectations as well.

I ordered the blue at midnight - P & P £2.95.

This morning the website has p&p at £4.95 and Kathy has just drawn our attention to the fact that the p&p is £4.95. Have just checked my account and I have only been charged the lesser amount. Pity the poor people who have ordered in the morning show!! Whats going on - someones head is going to roll I think!

This morning the website has p&p at £4.95 and Kathy has just drawn our attention to the fact that the p&p is £4.95. Have just checked my account and I have only been charged the lesser amount. Pity the poor people who have ordered in the morning show!! Whats going on - someones head is going to roll I think!

That's disgusting! DF made a special point of drawing our attention to the "cheap" P&P during the launch and now they decide to increase it. Must admit that I did think it was unusually low for such a weighty item but I thought maybe they were being generous for once!! QVC are rapidly going further down the hill in my estimation as they should be professional enough to honour their mistake (if it was one).......shame on them!!

if thats the case i will cancel. not impressed. debbie distinctly said the postage costs were great... just called customer services and they will honour the cheaper p&p...lets be honest thats more than likely a fair price anyway.

thank god for this forum x

I reckon their mistake was only noticed this morning because I ordered another (as a pressie) this morning at 7.30am and having checked my account, this has only got the £2.95p&p. Very strange because the p&p was almost the first thing that Debbie Flint mentioned when she launched it.
oh well, its sold out now - they are probably counting their loss in Q towers this morning!!

I had the same thing with a set of YC Artisan large jar candles last year. The p&p should have been £5.95 but I got it at least for a couple of pound less because I ordered it before they went to air.

What I thought was really cheeky was that they still had 'the wrong' p&p printed when the candles went to air and realised during the show. I remember Claire Sutton explained their error and telling everyone that they would be charged the higher p&p rate, but that it was ok because the candles were so cheap anyway!!! I was lucky because mine had already been dispatched so I was charged the lower rate.

I can't believe how quickly it has sold out. I was going to have a look at it this morning, but it's gone.
Do we think QVC didn't order a lot to sell?

I'd have ordered the lantern because I like the quality of Bethlehem Lights products, but I didn't because I prefer the look of the Luminara candles than this style. Maybe one day BL will do the 'more realistic' looking candles.

Qvc has said this on FB :

Hi all, just to confirm that the P&P for the TSV is £2.95, sorry for the error earlier. If anyone would like their order to be checked please give us a call on 0800 51 41 31 or email [email protected]. Rachel

I had the same thing with a set of YC Artisan large jar candles last year. The p&p should have been £5.95 but I got it at least for a couple of pound less because I ordered it before they went to air.

What I thought was really cheeky was that they still had 'the wrong' p&p printed when the candles went to air and realised during the show. I remember Claire Sutton explained their error and telling everyone that they would be charged the higher p&p rate, but that it was ok because the candles were so cheap anyway!!! I was lucky because mine had already been dispatched so I was charged the lower rate.

this happened again today during the lighten your home hour with ali k... she showed the tiffany lamp which had free P&P, then they showed the flameless candle, it was marked on screen as having free P&P so ali brought it to our attention, then a couple of minutes later she said oh sorry no you will be charged P&P on that item... well it was their error so the free P&P should have been honoured!

Latest posts

Back