Best QVC hair product for frizzy menopause hair ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes! That's the one, its the best item for the hair I've ever used. :mysmilie_14:

I've ordered, thank you for the recommendation shopperholic! My hair has been dryer than usual in the past couple of months so looking forward to trying this hair mask, great price too.

'Fraid it only ends when you're dead love; it's not a stage you go through and come out the other end. :mysmilie_5: Mind you some say classic menopause symptoms can ease off after a while.

My hair's not too bad, but I'm not looking forward to my Wen stock pile running out; Guthy Renker has pulled Wen out of the UK and it really is the best product for my hair. I'll give Yves Rocher a whirl (thanks Vienna for the tip).

I had no idea Wen had gone - thanks for this. I've used Palmer's and a few others but none quite have that Wen factor. I'm kind of glad I gave up because of the price now as I get so fed up when stuff I like is pulled, it triggered the bad habit of stockpiling. Have you tried using a conditioner after a co-wash? It seems to help mine if it feels a bit dry.

And thanks for the depressing news that menopause never ends. Wonderful. I'm already hating it and I only started earlier this year. I actually gave in a few months ago and hit the HRT (after vowing I wouldn't when I was younger and cockier!). I feel better physically (sort of), but now I'm going to worry myself to an early grave about the side effects.

Sigh.

I had no idea Wen had gone - thanks for this. I've used Palmer's and a few others but none quite have that Wen factor. I'm kind of glad I gave up because of the price now as I get so fed up when stuff I like is pulled, it triggered the bad habit of stockpiling. Have you tried using a conditioner after a co-wash? It seems to help mine if it feels a bit dry.

And thanks for the depressing news that menopause never ends. Wonderful. I'm already hating it and I only started earlier this year. I actually gave in a few months ago and hit the HRT (after vowing I wouldn't when I was younger and cockier!). I feel better physically (sort of), but now I'm going to worry myself to an early grave about the side effects.

Sigh.

I heard this stuff helps, but don't hold me to this (see the reviews), also available from health shops.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000M21PKK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

(This is the product own website in Australia http://ausflowers.com.au/Woman-Essence-30ml)

I've ordered, thank you for the recommendation shopperholic! My hair has been dryer than usual in the past couple of months so looking forward to trying this hair mask, great price too.

I'm sure you'll love it Marina, honestly it's a great hair product.

Thank you again for everybody's help! I've gone for the elasticiszer ...will take advantage of the money back doodah if not happy but I'm looking forward to it ....will report back and be honest lol ....and give it a chance first of course ....:mysmilie_12::mysmilie_59:

Thank you again for everybody's help! I've gone for the elasticiszer ...will take advantage of the money back doodah if not happy but I'm looking forward to it ....will report back and be honest lol ....and give it a chance first of course ....:mysmilie_12::mysmilie_59:

One bit of advice from me, if you've gone for a decent size tub, don't skimp. When I had my really long, knackered hair, I'd put 2-3 full pumps on the bottom third of my hair, really work it in and then squeeze the moisture out before putting another couple pumps on - wherever your hair needs it, slap it on is what I say, it lasts for ages!

One bit of advice from me, if you've gone for a decent size tub, don't skimp. When I had my really long, knackered hair, I'd put 2-3 full pumps on the bottom third of my hair, really work it in and then squeeze the moisture out before putting another couple pumps on - wherever your hair needs it, slap it on is what I say, it lasts for ages!

Thank you Tarketta ..will do :mysmilie_59:

Hope it works for you May.

Sigh.

I'm taking the HRT route too and yes it's always a concern but ...research seems to be showing not as risky as first thought and there are many of our out there suffering because we are not getting enough info etc..it takes the edge off in small doses and tha has to be a relief for us and loved ones ...my doc always checks my blood pressure and weight everytime I go for new prescription ...it's nice to be able to share the info etc ....it has saved my sanity a bit I would say ...but of course many women cannot use it and I really hope alternatives can help ( I tried all the supplements but didn't help me as much as I needed )
Thank you for your hair tip ;0) don't worry yourself into your grave ..and don't read it all up on the net either as I did this when I had something sorted ...( for lady problems ) and all I heard was negativity ...I am so pleased I kept open mind as I have responded really well thankfully

'Fraid it only ends when you're dead love; it's not a stage you go through and come out the other end. :mysmilie_5: Mind you some say classic menopause symptoms can ease off after a while.

My hair's not too bad, but I'm not looking forward to my Wen stock pile running out; Guthy Renker has pulled Wen out of the UK and it really is the best product for my hair. I'll give Yves Rocher a whirl (thanks Vienna for the tip).

Akimbo, I have a sealed bottle of sweet almond mint 950ml; sealed bottle of the same 480ml; a sealed bottle of pomegranate 480ml; 2 sweet almont mint intensive hair treatment 56g; and a tub of pomegranate intensive hair treatment 56g. Interested in buying?

I still have my Ojon Tawaka - an all time favourite - to attack.

I'm taking the HRT route too and yes it's always a concern but ...research seems to be showing not as risky as first thought and there are many of our out there suffering because we are not getting enough info etc..it takes the edge off in small doses and tha has to be a relief for us and loved ones ...my doc always checks my blood pressure and weight everytime I go for new prescription ...it's nice to be able to share the info etc ....it has saved my sanity a bit I would say ...but of course many women cannot use it and I really hope alternatives can help ( I tried all the supplements but didn't help me as much as I needed )
Thank you for your hair tip ;0) don't worry yourself into your grave ..and don't read it all up on the net either as I did this when I had something sorted ...( for lady problems ) and all I heard was negativity ...I am so pleased I kept open mind as I have responded really well thankfully

Thank you, May.

Has your blood pressure risen? Mine is currently normal for my age, but the doc is a bit worried as I always had low blood pressure until I started on it. I'd tried all the supplements, too, but none have been anywhere near as effective as HRT.

I've been taking ng HRT for 16 years. Wonderful. Now 62. I am planning on stopping when I come back from holiday as I have now stopped work. It has kept me energetic and mentally alert.
I have stopped dying my hair blonde in the last 4 months so that I am now a third silver grey. My hair has improved hugely in condition with no friziness and I no longer use conditioner at all.

Thank you, May.

Has your blood pressure risen? Mine is currently normal for my age, but the doc is a bit worried as I always had low blood pressure until I started on it. I'd tried all the supplements, too, but none have been anywhere near as effective as HRT.

No it's not risen Alterego ..but my docs keep regular eye as they do with weight ..( which I hate lol )
I only have a small dose and so far keeping those awful distressing flushes under wraps for now.....there are so many ways of taking it ...i use a gel ( one dose ) and it goes on my forearm ...if I've had any side affects there not been obvious and I've been on it for awhile ...your HRT dose might need pulling and tweaking ...as long as your doc is keeping eye that is great ...the gel one not always widely known about somit might be worth mentioning if ever you chat to doc about blood pressure ...not that I am saying it will help but I take just one dose and all is well so far ....(still waiting for Phil Kingsley order to be shipped lol ...) good luck keep us posted

I've been taking ng HRT for 16 years. Wonderful. Now 62. I am planning on stopping when I come back from holiday as I have now stopped work. It has kept me energetic and mentally alert.
I have stopped dying my hair blonde in the last 4 months so that I am now a third silver grey. My hair has improved hugely in condition with no friziness and I no longer use conditioner at all.
Great ILS ;0) ...it's a godsend really in many ways isn't it ...I was so distressed with the symptoms that I feel so bad for women who won't touch it with a barge pole ...( and rightly so if really concerned about illnesses they have had or families have had that make HRT a an issue for them ....I want to stop dying hair really and this might be a good idea to experiment and see what happens lol ...really hope it works out when you come off!

Have you tried using a hair oil? I put mine on dry hair before I wash it. Then I give it a wash and don't use any conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft and manageable but not greasy. I like VO5 extraordinary oil.

Do you remember the treatment oil tubs they used to have in the VO5 range - the ones you stuck in a mug of hot water to warm up before you used it? That was super stuff for my hair.

I suffer with thinning frizz-at-the-first-sign-of-moisture-in-the-air hair. I tried the Wen, but I do think my hair began to feel thinner as a result.

I use Philip Kingsley Elasticiser but not every day. I tend to use Grow Gorgeous Cleansing Conditioner - one-step like the Wen is but no menthol, but alternate with the Follicle+ shampoo and conditioner. I always leave any conditioner I'm using on for as long as possible in the shower. Other than that a small amount of a good serum or oil to give you some moisture back in your hair before drying it (and when using a hairdryer, if it's got a cold setting always finish off with it - gives your hair a good shine as it seems to calm down any heat-related raised cuticles.

Do you remember the treatment oil tubs they used to have in the VO5 range - the ones you stuck in a mug of hot water to warm up before you used it? That was super stuff for my hair.

I suffer with thinning frizz-at-the-first-sign-of-moisture-in-the-air hair. I tried the Wen, but I do think my hair began to feel thinner as a result.

I use Philip Kingsley Elasticiser but not every day. I tend to use Grow Gorgeous Cleansing Conditioner - one-step like the Wen is but no menthol, but alternate with the Follicle+ shampoo and conditioner. I always leave any conditioner I'm using on for as long as possible in the shower. Other than that a small amount of a good serum or oil to give you some moisture back in your hair before drying it (and when using a hairdryer, if it's got a cold setting always finish off with it - gives your hair a good shine as it seems to calm down any heat-related raised cuticles.
Do you mean Hairfix Follicle+ May? I've just had an email from the Hairfix website saying that you can use a code of 25% off anything on their website from midnight Thursday and through Friday. I've just ordered the 3 step recovery 500ml set and saved £9 off the total with no p&p. If you need to stock up on the Follicle+ now is a good time to do it! The code is BLACKFRIDAY.

Yes, I used to love them! The Geranium & Neroli Elasticizer smells so gorgeous, always seems a shame to have to wash it out.

i think using the best shampoo/conditioner is essential. cheap stuff can compromise your hair outdoing say the elsatisicer step. i like philip kingsley remoisturising range but he does ananther one called moisture extreme for mixed race hair, arab and black hair. basically any hair with a curl or bend. he also does a leave in conditioner that you can use after hair washing as a final step and in between washes. dry hair should be washed less frequently anyway. but you will know your own hair.
this range is not cheap but last ages. the 1 litre bottles of shampoo/conditioner last me two years so its a good investment. i get all my haircare from feel unique but always shop around for deals

Latest posts

Back