Best QVC hair product for frizzy menopause hair ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May, Marks now do PK products so keep an eye out as they often have special offers.

Re menopause- I started my periods really early and the menopause 20 years ago in my early 40's. I had very thick hair and whilst I notice it a little thinner everyone else thinks it is as thick as ever. Luckily I didn't have problems with exceptional periods but I had terrible hot flushes and panic attacks. I also suffered a bit from depression but the flushes and panic attacks which were the worst.

I didn't go down the HRT route but did find homeopathic sage drops helped a bit. I think it was the unrelenting years and years of it which was so hard, don't believe the 5 years and it will be all over shite. Mine lasted 15 years and I still get the odd one.

I count myself lucky that I didn't have more than a couple of symptoms as I know if I had more I would have gone for HRT.

Thank you loveallthingsitalian:mysmilie_59: really helpful ...the natural treatments are great when they work ..black cohosh did for a while but then the anxiety and flushes did a double act so HRT saved the day totally for me ..will keep checking Marks and Spencer's for PK to ...fantastic forum ...thank you very much :mysmilie_8:

Hello May, I'm not sure about QVC as I haven't bought any shampoos there for years. I do personally have quite dry hair. It used to be VERY oily when I was younger and I think age + the Roaccutane skin treatment I did for my skin have dried up my hair. One thing I really like is Palmer's Leave-In Conditioner. They sell it at Asda and Superdrug. It's not expensive and really makes a difference. I also use the Dove one with Argan oil. here is a link to the Palmers:

http://www.superdrug.com/Palmer's/Palmer's-Coconut-Oil-Formula-Leave-In-Conditioner-250ml/p/422400

Sorry having problems for some reason and trying to respond to you Julius ....thank you very much for your suggestions i really do appreciate it ...I can't Quote and reply for some reason ...!
Will try all options if PK doesn't behave itself lol :mysmilie_59:

LATI - you have my sympathies. My periods started age 8, though they haven't had the good grace to stop early! They're also an absolute nightmare where I'm in the loo every 45 minutes for 4 days. I've been on iron since my late teens (though I did stop in MY, now I'm back on them again).

I've been shocked that my periods are as heavy on HRT as they were naturally.

May - do you have periods with the gel?

I wonder if the menopause is better/worse if you have/haven't had children?

I haven't any family and although had fairly heavy periods throughout my life they just petered out quite quickly and easily. Got to be thankful for small mercies.

Hi Alterego I wanted to reply with a quote but for some reason just lately I'm not able to ....this is reply to gel and periods question

Two words ..Mirena coil ...= amazing and wouldn't be without it ...word of advice ..don't read up reviews on the net ..i nearly had it taken out because of that but patience won the day and it all settled for me and was compatible with me personally which is great as without it a hysterectomy would have been essential ...had light but infrequent periods over the years with HRT even more less now but I've heard that it can start up periods again .(HRT) ..at the moment not a problem ... if anybody thinking of it ..by all mean so your research of course and talk to a decent doctor who knows their stuff ...give it a go ..can always have it taken out at anytime .l

LATI - you have my sympathies. My periods started age 8, though they haven't had the good grace to stop early! They're also an absolute nightmare where I'm in the loo every 45 minutes for 4 days. I've been on iron since my late teens (though I did stop in MY, now I'm back on them again).

I had a mirena coil fitted in my mid forties as a contraceptive. It had the big advantage of stopping my heavy periods. It can also be dosed with oestrogen to help with menapause

Hi Alterego I wanted to reply with a quote but for some reason just lately I'm not able to ....this is reply to gel and periods question

Two words ..Mirena coil ...= amazing and wouldn't be without it ...word of advice ..don't read up reviews on the net ..i nearly had it taken out because of that but patience won the day and it all settled for me and was compatible with me personally which is great as without it a hysterectomy would have been essential ...had light but infrequent periods over the years with HRT even more less now but I've heard that it can start up periods again .(HRT) ..at the moment not a problem ... if anybody thinking of it ..by all mean so your research of course and talk to a decent doctor who knows their stuff ...give it a go ..can always have it taken out at anytime .l
Didn't read this and posted about the joys of the Mirena! By the second one I had learnt to take paracetamol to help with the pain and then there are a few uncomfortable days afterwards but so worth it. It can also have some oestrogen added

I started at 10 and they were always heavy, great! I had a brief try at HRT and that made everything worse, just unbelievably heavy and frequent (and boy do I mean frequent!!!) so I gave that up ASAP. After that debacle, the periods just sort of fizzled out in their own time.

I think taking oestrogen can mess you up big time. Fair enough if you need the pill but otherwise it is best avoided IMHO. (I used to go to talks at a breast cancer charity and they were very anti-oestrogen.)

I wonder if the menopause is better/worse if you have/haven't had children?

I haven't any family and although had fairly heavy periods throughout my life they just petered out quite quickly and easily. Got to be thankful for small mercies.

LATI - I haven't had children either (several miscarriages, but no kidlets, unfortunately). My mum always said my periods would "sort themselves out" after I'd had children, so maybe it is true.

My periods have given me no trouble since May - as in they went from every 28 days and incredibly heavy down to zero without warning. Now I'm on HRT they're back with a vengeance.

My mum has the most frizzy, curly, wild hair ever (think brillo pad) and she uses John Frieda products and Philip Kingsley elasticizer to tame it - not perfect but big difference. She is old though so might be different on younger hair.

CC

Just wanted to say that after two applications a week apart ..a definate improvement ...I am very leased and thank you all who have given me lots of suggestions ...I am always cautious as the amount of products I have tried and then felt smug ....only to be back to square one as the effect didnt last too long for some reason .....thank you so much ..the hair life saver forum for sure ...will wait for third application to confirm and then give another report ....I know you are all wishing the week to go by so that you can find out ...:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_59: ( Philip Kingsley )

LATI - I haven't had children either (several miscarriages, but no kidlets, unfortunately). My mum always said my periods would "sort themselves out" after I'd had children, so maybe it is true.

My periods have given me no trouble since May - as in they went from every 28 days and incredibly heavy down to zero without warning. Now I'm on HRT they're back with a vengeance.

Men just don't know how lucky they are ...luckily many women are happy to share hints and tips as we talk about anything under the sun ..for that reason I suppose we are lucky in that way ...really hope things improve for you Lati

Just wanted to say that after two applications a week apart ..a definate improvement ...I am very leased and thank you all who have given me lots of suggestions ...I am always cautious as the amount of products I have tried and then felt smug ....only to be back to square one as the effect didnt last too long for some reason .....thank you so much ..the hair life saver forum for sure ...will wait for third application to confirm and then give another report ....I know you are all wishing the week to go by so that you can find out ...:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_59: ( Philip Kingsley )

glad you like pk elastiscer still love the results after using it for many years. i put a plastic cap on. then wrap a turbie twist on top as this really keeps my head warm. if you want to get even better results pk does a leave in conditioner called daily damage defence. you can use it in between washes get excellent reviews. e bay do some mini bottles to try as its not cheap

glad you like pk elastiscer still love the results after using it for many years. i put a plastic cap on. then wrap a turbie twist on top as this really keeps my head warm. if you want to get even better results pk does a leave in conditioner called daily damage defence. you can use it in between washes get excellent reviews. e bay do some mini bottles to try as its not cheap
Thank you Boffy that is worth knowing for sure....:mysmilie_59:

Thank you Boffy that is worth knowing for sure....:mysmilie_59:

Just a quick update ...I used conditioner ( tresemme ) after shampooing following PK elastisizer and my hair not liking it ...maybe no conditioner afterwards ? I did nothing different as far as I know apart from that ....1st time and second time no conditioner and hair was very improved and 3 rd time frizzy again ....abitdeflated.com ....

Personally I don't rate the Tresemme range at all. I use the elasticizer - then wash off, shampoo and then use the PK Body Building Conditioner. I don't always use a PK shampoo, but I nearly always use the PK BB Conditioner. A lot is trial and error - some things my hair likes and some it doesn't.

i built up my range bit by bit love pk shampoos and conditioner tbh...my hair went downhill rapidly my hairdesser was not impressed when i used tressemme and pantene. liiteraaly burned the ends. the daily defence is the newest product and its fabulous

Latest posts

Back