Best foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pumpkin

Guest Shopper
Would like some recommendations for foundation please.

I am currently suffering with dry, flaky, sensitive skin & have some small spots along my jawline & forehead. I also have some acne scarring (have ordered an alpha h set after reading about the positive results on here). Have been using perricone no foundation foundation with some concealer & setting powder but would like a medium coverage moisturising foundation as I cannot use powder without it looking cakey.

Have been trying BE but think it is making the problem worse as spots appeared after using this.

Thank you my lovelies x

BE contains Bismuth which many have a problem with.

Honest answer, get to a cosmetic counter and ask for samples. QVC do not have a great selection of foundation brands.

Many swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear and that counter does give out samples without a problem.

Bobbi Brown usually in house of Fraser etc are really good as well.

I would echo Donna and say go and get some samples Pumpkin...I'm currently using a Gosh foundation on my dry (ageing!!) skin but unfortunately for me Superdrug have discontinued this and brought out a new one which isn't such good coverage...you gotta try several I think before you find one that suits.

Personally I prefer powder (Halo) or mineral (BE) foundations as I find liquid ones cause small spots around my hairline and chin. As an alternative to BE and to avoid the chemical Donna mentioned you could try Jane Iredale or Bella Pierre. However, the light-medium finish liquid foundations that have impressed me are:

LG Barely There tinted moisturiser (not strictly a foundation but has more coverage than a normal tinted moisturiser)

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish foundation (great choice of shades too)

Jemma Kidd Nourishing Mineral Tint

I liked the finish of the Perricone foundation but the fragrance was too much for me - walking around smelling like a chemical plant was not ideal. I much prefer his tinted moisturiser which comes in 3 shades and in my opinion offers much more coverage because it actually deposits colour.

Agree, get samples to try as they all react differently. If you like the idea of mineral makeup, try Christopher Drummond. Jayne at Just Beauty Direct has samples you can try and it doesn't contain the bismuth that irritates skin. BE made me break out and itched, but CD is fine for me.

BE contains Bismuth which many have a problem with.

Honest answer, get to a cosmetic counter and ask for samples. QVC do not have a great selection of foundation brands.

Many swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear and that counter does give out samples without a problem.

Bobbi Brown usually in house of Fraser etc are really good as well.

I first tried this last year based on recommendations from here and I love it. My only concern would be that you say your skin is dry. This is not a problem that I often suffer with, but I do find the foundation feels quite dry, so not sure how it would be for you. As others have suggested - testers are the way to go.

My skin is also dry and I have recently discovered Bobbi Brown luminous foundation and love it, but do not have much problem with spots, so can not help there

Hi,

Spots around the jaw line and forehead normally indicate inbalance & toxins in the system - so my first advice would be diet & good skin care. Decleor Neroli is good for balancing. I would also say to use a good moisturiser & a primer as a make up base and to counteract dryness & stop makeup sinking in. Moving onto foundation if you have tried & not got along with BE - which is what I mainly use, and would prefer a fluid foundation - try CHANEL PRO LUMIERE - I alternate between this and BE - and use it in 40 (beige). It is super easy to blend, gives good adjustable coverage and looks professional and groomed when applied - is also has spf15.

Missy x

I would also go say and try to get some samples to try out. Personally I use Bobbi Brown foundation now I used to use the Estee Lauder all day which did what it said on the time i.e. stay put all day but I found it a little drying on my normal skin so it may not be suitable.

I use the Bobbi Brown Illuminating powder foundation which despite being a powder is not Powdery if you know what I mean you can also build up the coverage using a brush gives you a sheer coverage using the enclosed applicator dry a medium and using it wet a full coverage. I use that with a brush for everyday wear. If I want more coverage then I use the Bobbi Brown natural finish which I find better for days when my skin needs a bit of oomph

Hi Pumpkin,

I have very dry and sensitive (very red) skin. I agree with missymissfabulous in that you should try and sort your skin out first. I use L'Occitane fabulous serum and their ultra rich face cream. Their ultra comforting mask is a godsend for me.

As for foundation recommendations, I used to use BE but switched to Laura Geller Balance n Brighten. It doesn't dry my skin out and I find it has better coverage than BE.

Good luck!

Ang

Depends on funds really. Just get the best you can afford. I honestly believe the more you spend on make-up, the better the results. My favourite brands - Chanel and Bobbi Brown.

Depends on funds really. Just get the best you can afford. I honestly believe the more you spend on make-up, the better the results. My favourite brands - Chanel and Bobbi Brown.

I totally agree. get the best you can afford and skimp on the rest of the make up but a good foundation is essential IMO

Thank you all for your advice & recommendations.

Will get some samples to try out & hopefully should find something which suits me. Ah, yes, diet...mine really does need sorting out as it's not been too good lately & did notice a lot of improvement when I was good with my diet x

Have you tried the Gayle Hayman foundation (Not from qvc, but from fleabay) A nice creamy texture, excellent for dry skin. My sister swears by that one.

Latest posts

Back