Best concealer on qvc please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L'OccitaneLover16

Registered Shopper
I was wondering which people feel is the best for dark circles. i use the benefit one but i find it goes into pores and gives me more black heads when i use it to neutralize my skin.

thank you this board is so useful!

Has to be the Smashbox one for me. It is really creamy doesnt leave any crease marks and the fair is the perfect colour for my translucent skin!

Best concealer I came across isn't a qvc product but one from JBD and it's marvellous since I had just given up hope of getting anything to work.

Bobbi Brown for me, but concealer is such a personal thing. I know I've hated some that other people have raved about. My daughter loves the YBF one even though she never ever ever ever ;) uses any of the dark colour in the trio! I also love Amazing Cosmetics as a cover up for flaws but I don't think it's creamy and blendable enough for the drier under eye area. Maybe it would work with some eye cream underneath though. Ponders... Might try that tomorrow....:D

Why does it have to be from QVC????? Where do you live? You are 21? You should be out there in department stores or Space NK trying them before you decide to buy. Thats the fun of being in your early 20s, not going to a shopping channel truth be known is aimed at ladies in their 30's upwards.

Jayne has the new Smashbox one, QVC don't have it and it gets great reviews on Sephora etc.

Why does it have to be from QVC????? Where do you live? You are 21? You should be out there in department stores or Space NK trying them before you decide to buy. Thats the fun of being in your early 20s, not going to a shopping channel truth be known is aimed at ladies in their 30's upwards.

Jayne has the new Smashbox one, QVC don't have it and it gets great reviews on Sephora etc.

I want to buy from qvc because of the 30 day money back they offer. i have very sensitive skin and i tried bare minerals make up and came out in spots, these i bought from the shops so i could not return them.

if it wasnt for qvc i wouldnt have known about liz earle which saved my skin, ojon which saved my hair which has been dyed and over processed but now is lovely and laura geller make up.

i see what you mean that often anti ageing is qvc's focus but i have learnt how to prevent instead of just cure.

thank you though!

Well, I like the Laura Geller Real Deal one, it's done the trick for me - gets rid of the high colouring on my cheeks. But, if I'm brutally honest - my favourite concealer of all time is Rimmel Hide The Blemish - it's cheap as chips (about £3 ish), lasts forever and doesn't seem to wear off at all, and I always seem to end up going back to it when all else fails.

what about the amazing cosmetics concealer, i havent tried it myself but ive heard its good, personally i use benefit erase paste for dark circles wich is really good at covering them (i get up at 6am) so have dark ones lol.then i use the new smashbox one for blemishes but as someone else said its not on qvc yet but i expect it will be in time

The DDs like Benefit Boi-ing for concealing dark circles (brought on by trying to manage on 3 hours sleep or whatever!) but for my tired baggy eyes I need something with a bit more oomph so will be trying the one I suspect Vampy has been testing! (CD's concealer Vampy? lol)
I do like the Boi-ing for lightening & brightening the under eye area though & bizarrely use the same medium shade as middle DD even though our skin tones are quite different!

I have tried all the ones on qvc and the best of theirs was the old models prefer one - but they don't do that anymore. The new ybf stuff is crap. Apart from that one all the rest were returned - and believe me I tried them all!!!

The best one ever is the Smashbox High Definition Concealer as most of the folks on here seem to agree.

I like threads like this one as it does go to show that we are all different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. What works in covering my dark circles is both the Prescriptives sight unseen and the flawless skin concealer. Depending on how bad my dark circles are, which usually comes down to how my sinusities is behaving.

Maybe try to get to root of why they are there too cos they are telling you something?

Lack of sleep, lack of water, stress, nutrition deficiency?

Seen a few home remedies to do with tomato juice and lemon juice around before. Also I think massage can help before bed with something like almond oil.

Maybe try to get to root of why they are there too cos they are telling you something?

Lack of sleep, lack of water, stress, nutrition deficiency?

Seen a few home remedies to do with tomato juice and lemon juice around before. Also I think massage can help before bed with something like almond oil.

Yep, this is a good point - I suffer from dark circles, and was told by a therapist it was bad lymphatic drainage - so now when I apply eye products/moisturisers or am cleaning my face I add in a spot of massage, and it really helps reduce them. It helps relax my face too - you don't need any fancy products, just some gentle tapping or gentle patting of the eye area.

But as I said on another thread. Look at Liz Earle, healthly organic lifestyle with lots of water. She still have very very dark circles and bags too. Shows does not work.

You got them you got them.

I agree re diet, plenty of water, sleep and the massage techniqes do help. I also think that genes have a definite part to play too.

The DDs like Benefit Boi-ing for concealing dark circles (brought on by trying to manage on 3 hours sleep or whatever!) but for my tired baggy eyes I need something with a bit more oomph so will be trying the one I suspect Vampy has been testing! (CD's concealer Vampy? lol)
I do like the Boi-ing for lightening & brightening the under eye area though & bizarrely use the same medium shade as middle DD even though our skin tones are quite different!

Yes i use the Boi-ing its not bad but clogs the pores and doesnt cover that dark eyes, im hoping laura geller has one in her tsv so i can try it.

Prescriptives do one that QVC used to stock although I'm not sure it is in stock at the moment - it is from the PX range and is called "flawless skin, total protection concealer" It has SPF 25 UVB and UVA and £16 for a densely pigmented concealer in a silver pot with a mirror. It had good reviews on QVC and not bad on MUA, and as with Prescriptives there is a decent range of shades. The only problem is that it is a bit dry in the pot, but it can be warmed up. BTW the pot is a shallow wide pot rather than a tiddly deep one that you can't get your finger in!

Latest posts

Back