Best bath/shower gel?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
We use SBC collagen bath/shower gel mainly because it gives such a good lather and washes the hair well, not leaving it tacky or dry and needing another wash a day or so later. What does everyone else use and how effective is it? I'm open to change if there's something else cheaper and better.

like the australian t tree when i need a good freshen up nothing beats it. my fav shower gels are l'occitane because you can use less than a t spoon and the scents are very strong and uplifting. if you want a real treat the aromachology range from l'occitane is even better. the old range was sls free but this is newly formulated and not sure.

use bars of soap more often as its faster way to shower than gels

I seem to be in the minority on shower gels. The ones I love end up being discontinued!! Champneys Rose was my favourite for a long time and that is no more. Trying to find an alternative I found Flower Pharm which was a bargain really at £2.99 for 300 ml and often on offer. That's no longer being stocked by Tesco or Superdrug.

I like Liz Earle and Mandara Spa Honeymilk Dream but the new Dove shower gel is rather nice as is Palmolive's Almond Milk one.

I've used L'occitane, SBC and other brands over the years, but I'm now back on my all time favourite. It's cheap and cheerful, but vanilla is a scent that I really like, and this is the best one I've found. It isn't drying to the skin and the scent lasts for ages.

And it saves me money ...... because it's not a 'high end' brand. :wink:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=262523844

I can't use showergel to wash my hair - too drying, and my hair is so fine it gets extremely tangled if I try that.
I use Australian Bodycare Shower gel for the majority of time. It has SLS in it, but so far it's not giving me a problem, and has a lovely thick lather, and the smell doesn't linger.
I currently use L'Occitane Aromachology shampoo for coloured hair - it's the only one without SLS in it, and it gives a lovely thick lather - very creamy lather - and smells divine.

I dislike heavily scented shower gels or ones which clash with your perfume. I tried SBC ones but they made me itch like mad and that`s another reason why I dislike heavily perfumed gels, they can be more irritating to delicate parts because of the added fragrances or essential oils.
During Summer I use the ABC bodywash which even though it has a strong smell to begin with, it quickly fades and the teatree oil doesn`t irritate me. During the Winter months I prefer something a bit more moisturising and used to buy L`Occitane almond gel but in recent years I`ve bought brands from the DHS. As long as they`re unperfumed or mildly perfumed they do just fine. Sanex, Simple, Soap and Glory and Champneys are just some of them. They all do the same job and its nice to swap them around without breaking the bank and every week Boots, Superdrug and Home Bargains have different ones on offer.
As long as they clean without irritation, don`t dry out my skin and you don`t need a cupful to get a decent lather, I`m happy with that and I`d rather spend my money on a lovely perfume instead of spending it on liquid bodywash which all ends up being washed off anyway and going down the drain.

I also dislike strong smelling bath products, I don't have a shower. I do use them on scrub gloves in the bath. Elemis Cream one, REN grapefruit and neroli(I buy in the sales after Christmas in gift sets at 70% off), SpaceNK Life I loved the range but the discontinued. I bought up when they went for £3-5 each. I have some Philosophy which I bought again at half price earlier in the year.

I can't tell you how many bottles of SBC and L'Oc shower gels I've lost over the years after dropping them in the shower. I wonder if the bottles become brittle over time. My (mildly) arthritic hands can never keep hold of them. It's like a slow-motion movie when I lose my grip as I know I'm going to lose a whole lot more. For the price, I would hope these gels would have better dispensers. Am toying with getting the L'Oc TSV today as I love the handcreams, should I just pour the shower gels down the sink lol to save myself future grief?

Molton Brown for me, either black peppercorn or pink pepperpod, I love them both. However, I really do like the Decleor shower gel in the blue tube, oh and the Liz Earle orange flower one as well. I'm probably far too clean lol.

CC

I loved Floris but can't get the scents I like anymore, I like philosophy too. I also use Molton Brown. Flower Pham is still available in out branch and I love their orange blossom. I'm using a loccy showergel at the moment, it's a discontinued one with a very strong scent which I love, the scent lasts all day when layered with body lotion to match. Although I love the smell I don't think it lathers as well as some of the other brands. I like nice small rich bubbles from a shower gel, along with a nice smell.

I rarely use shower gels these days stick to L'occitanne Shea Butter soaps, last ages, never dry out & non drying on the skin.Easy to carry when going away too.I start to panic if I am down to about 4 bars, don't know why!

I rarely use shower gels these days stick to L'occitanne Shea Butter soaps, last ages, never dry out & non drying on the skin.Easy to carry when going away too.I start to panic if I am down to about 4 bars, don't know why!

i am the same i have been using these soaps from the first time i saw them on qvc many years ago. i do like the french soap company's neroli 240g bar lasted me all summer

i love Dr Organic (exclusive to Holland & Barrett) Aloe Vera Bodywash which i also use as a handwash
love the smell
and the Coconut one and new Hemp ones are very mosturising and also good for shaving
they have no nasties whatsoever, are organic and lather naturally without sls
they cost a bit over a fiver for 250ml normal price
but i always buy them on offer, just had a 50% off offer last week
Dr Organic is a real favourite with me for body products
many favourites,very good problem solvers also as well with great quality ingredients at a more than fair price imho
the H&B site also gives full list of ingredients, huzzah
used this brand for quite a few years, and have always been delighted with everything from toothpaste to royal jelly leg and vein cream via bath oils and body washes
if anyone is interested, i can narrow it down to my top ten Dr Organic products but it will be tough :happy:

p.s. i don't work for them, honest, and have received no inducements, or freebies of any kind, scout's honour

re Mandara Spa, i bought some at Sainsbos a year or two ago
i returned them unopened as they contained (at least at the time) MI
just as Elemis does or did then
MI had just hit the press as many dermatogists had warned about an explosion of bad skin reactions
related to these ingredients
as far as i can make out, the reaction is not necessary immediate, like an allergy
but builds up over time before the skin reacts
i understand that from Spring next year, the MI family of ingredients will be outlawed in Europe
might be worth checking if Mandara still uses them now or has eliminated them

I love the Dr Organic Manuka honey range, especially their rescue cream which is great for Winter if like me you have to go outside dog walking in all weathers. It puts a real protective layer over your face.

I love the Dr Organic Manuka honey range, especially their rescue cream which is great for Winter if like me you have to go outside dog walking in all weathers. It puts a real protective layer over your face.

that was the item that started my love affair with Dr Organic :0)
i use the Manuka Honey Rescue cream if something needs healing,
possibly with a drop of Propolis Tincture (Neals Yard)

Latest posts

Back