Benefit Cosmetics TSV 24/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not a bad set but a bit "old hat" - I've got at least one of four of the products and was hoping to try something different. £45 is a good price as it's worth quite a lot but I can't justify it for more items I'd just be stocking up on.

if all full size £105.50 from a rough calculation so good value but as Q get good value sets anyway & its a first tsv i was expecting better but i also was expecting the standard items as for a first one they wont ever do anything risky

if all full size £105.50 from a rough calculation so good value but as Q get good value sets anyway & its a first tsv i was expecting better but i also was expecting the standard items as for a first one they wont ever do anything risky

Yeah, they will probably be appealing to people who are relatively new to Benefit, so I get what you mean about "safe" items. Oh well, I'll watch the shows on the day and see what else they have.

£45?? After watching the video I thought to myself, okay, if they make it around £20 I may be interested. A beauty TSV without a foundation is a bit lightweight imo, but £45 for it? And I thought the latest LG TSV was expensive. I think it may be an indication that beauty TSV prices have climbed over the £40 mark. Although Doll 10 is still well under £40.

£45?? After watching the video I thought to myself, okay, if they make it around £20 I may be interested. A beauty TSV without a foundation is a bit lightweight imo, but £45 for it? And I thought the latest LG TSV was expensive. I think it may be an indication that beauty TSV prices have climbed over the £40 mark. Although Doll 10 is still well under £40.

to me it should be about £30-£40 at most but alas the value is there just not that spectacular as a tsv when they give Q good value sets anyway

I'm using the Hoola bronzing powder at the moment, and was thinking why am I breaking out this Summer, looked at the ingredients and yes Talc is the first ingredient. So I'm thinking Benefit is really drug-store formulations at high-street prices.

I only bought it at duty-free as the Bare Minerals counter was out of the tinted mineral veil spf25 loose powder that I usually favour ( has this product been discontinued anyone know?)

I am now on the hunt for a good non-shimmer bronzer, any recommendations?

Not a bad set but a bit "old hat" - I've got at least one of four of the products and was hoping to try something different. £45 is a good price as it's worth quite a lot but I can't justify it for more items I'd just be stocking up on.

I was looking at the Benefit counter in Boots at the weekend, and I think they're getting a bit old hat full stop. I have always really liked their products, but I don't think they've evolved enough or are having enough new product launches to keep the range fresh and interesting. By all means keep your core best sellers, but new product development should be a huge part of any cosmetics brand, as people are always looking for new things. As you say, the TSV would be a good introduction to Benefit for those that hadn't used their products before, although I think it would've been better if they'd included a complexion enhancer / concealer and a lip product (other than the Benetint). As ever, QVC are focussing on new customers and not existing ones.

It's OK but l am a bit over the old hi beam thing! It can look too much like the tin man from Wizard of Oz if you aren't careful. I would have liked to see the Rockateur blusher in there. Not sure if I will go for it. It's good to see a new brand doing a TSV but it is a bit boring.

I was interested in this TSV when I saw it was Benefit's first as I haven't used any of their products. But £45 plus postage for a 5 piece, high street brand TSV with no foundation is shocking I think.

I also watched videos on all the products included last night & none of them excited me or made me think 'wow'.

apparently less than £45 but for a first tsv id expect a lot less than that

I totally agree. I think the price of this collection is really poor, even if it is a 50% reduction on rrp (who pays rrp these days???)

I equally thought the Laura Geller TSV was ridiculously expensive compared to all other TSV's from the brand. Turns out the eyeshadow palette was a one off because it was so difficult & hard to produce, so that will be the reflection in price.

I totally agree. I think the price of this collection is really poor, even if it is a 50% reduction on rrp (who pays rrp these days???)

I equally thought the Laura Geller TSV was ridiculously expensive compared to all other TSV's from the brand. Turns out the eyeshadow palette was a one off because it was so difficult & hard to produce, so that will be the reflection in price.
I imagine those eye shadows are going to run into each other as they are not separated. Had a look at the reviews, people are saying that they are small.

Benefit really like to think of themselves as more hype,cool,mould breaking than their products actually are.

Agree. No brand relies more on hype than Benefit, nothing they bring out is actually revolutionary like they claim, it will have been done by another brand before. Your money is paying for a massive marketing bill and fussy packaging which disguises a product that isn't as high end as they claim.

Agree. No brand relies more on hype than Benefit, nothing they bring out is actually revolutionary like they claim, it will have been done by another brand before. Your money is paying for a massive marketing bill and fussy packaging which disguises a product that isn't as high end as they claim.

Couldn't agree more, and as for the "goooooo vertical!!" I'm afraid I'd be raising two "vertical" fingers to this brand.

And the packaging is too bulky and fussy to make it look bigger or more important. I like mine sleek so more fits in a cosmetic bag and for travel purposes.

Couldn't agree more, and as for the "goooooo vertical!!" I'm afraid I'd be raising two "vertical" fingers to this brand.

Ha ha. I like Benefit products (mostly), even I recognise they are hyped up, but the "gooooo vertical" is ridiculous.

Just noticed that another new beauty brand is doing a TSV - Jay Manuel Beauty, on 7 September.

Latest posts

Back