Beauty TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I cannot understand QVCs reasoning of not putting more beauty TSVs on Easy Pay. A prime example is today's Decleor. It comes in just shy of £50 with the P&P which is too much for me right now, especially if I was interested in anything else. I find increasingly I have to miss out, not just because the prices have gone sky high, but because so many aren't on EP. And it also bugs me that they don't keep items on EP after a show had ended.

I'd also liked to have tried the Pick of the Month cream from Gatineau, but, again, as it's almost £70, I can't. I live on a small fixed income after being retired due to ill health in the (so called) affluent - more like expensive - south and have to think hard about where money goes to. QVC seem to have to really work hard to sell things now and I'm sure more would sell if we could afford the smaller EPs.

Someone "tweeted" in to JR last night saying they'd seen on the 'net that it was on EP and she categorically stated it wasn't. Why wasn't it? Who makes that decision at QVC? I find it increasingly disappointing to watch now. Clearly it's not only me.

They probably think cause its a well known brand, with the launch of 3 new items, not out anywhere else to September, that
they dont need to use easy payments. Can you not Moth, maybe look out for the items that you use reguarly and see if
they are on easy payments. I used to do easy pays, anything i seen i"d be there, and once i counted them all up and they
came to over a hundred pounds in a month, and as i"m trying to be more selective and cut back, i don"t use it now. Saying
that i did give in this morning to the decleor summer suprise of the total glow cream, to see if it helps my white legs, but
thats my first lapse :blush:

i agree with the easy pays they dont end up being that easy when you are close to paying a mortgage on bits and bobs!

I agree with what people are saying, It's good to have easy pay but then it always seems to build up and up.

I am dissapointed that the Decleor TSV has not gone on easy pay but then I am dissapointed with Decleor as they seem to be forgetting about their younger customers. Again, I can't buy this TSV because it's not for my age range. I really wish Decleor would give us the choice when it comes to TSV, one for anti ageing and one for younger skin. Decleor seem hell bent on Neroli and Iris at the moment. Would have been nice to see arommessence Solaire in the TSV.

I have a slightly different view on beauty TSVs. I actually feel that QVC and the brand are tempting us to spend money to try products we wouldn't normally be able to afford. And easy pay only makes that worse. It encourages us to spend more money in the long run. Well that's their plan ... hook people in with special offers and ultimately we will buy the products at full price.

It would be good to see a couple of more affordable but great brands.

I'm an Elemis and LE fan with Neals Yard and Boots No7 thrown in but I only buy what I want these days. It's nit about saving money as such. It's more about not buying stuff I neither want nor need.

I don;t think they put popular items as ez pay, I think they do it for things that they are afraid will not sell, or other than TSVs, things that have been in stock a long time.

I don;t think they put popular items as ez pay, I think they do it for things that they are afraid will not sell, or other than TSVs, things that have been in stock a long time.[/QUOTE

i also think that the pricier tsv's tend to be on easy pay for example ones that are not that competitively priced.

..... I am dissapointed with Decleor as they seem to be forgetting about their younger customers. Again, I can't buy this TSV because it's not for my age range. I really wish Decleor would give us the choice when it comes to TSV, one for anti ageing and one for younger skin. Decleor seem hell bent on Neroli and Iris at the moment. Would have been nice to see arommessence Solaire in the TSV.

Get a grip geog!
YOU are not financially worth it.
YOU are not on QVC's radar.
YOU need one basic moisturiser.
Come on, be reasonable - where is the profit in that!?

They want customers who are 'of a certain age';
they want customers that they can convince need a miracle;
they want customers that will look at & treat their faces as if they were road maps;
they want customers who will need to be afraid, very afraid of -
sag
lines & wrinkles
loss of elasticity
need collagen
droopy, puffy eyes
thin, lined lips
crepey necks
jowls
dry skin
dull, tired skin
dehydrated skin
age spots.

Didn't know you had those issues? YOU of 'a certain age' do now.
Just one session of 'In the Salon' will make your quivering hand grab your credit card.
Forget 'Forty Shades of Grey' - 'Forty Types of Creams' will sort you out!

My work is done - off to bed.

Last edited:
As minim said they (QVC insert beauty brand) only want to feed the fear and insecurities of women of a certain age.

Hence Elemis youth or basic range is never sold on there.

Make that 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Shows how interested I am in the book lol

there is light at the end of the tunnel tho Min, the "certain age" doesn't last that long when you find out it's all hype and you can go back to your cheap basic High St brands! Anti-ageing stuff usually brings me out in spots!

True Carol.
Is EVOO & Bicarb basic enough lol.

Surely it's not a co-incidence that an anagram of 'anti-ageing' is 'Inane-Gag It'

I won't even tell you what an anagram for 'In the Salon' is ......
OK! You win.
The second word is 'Online':devil:

sag
lines & wrinkles
loss of elasticity
need collagen
droopy, puffy eyes
thin, lined lips
crepey necks
jowls
dry skin
dull, tired skin
dehydrated skin
age spots.

I didn't realise I'd posted my photo here as well ;)

Joking aside, I think I have weaned myself off QVC, at long last. And you're all right about EP - if it had been, I would have been suckered in and bought it. And 2 or 3 lapses later, you've got a big monthly bill! So, perhaps it's best they don't then after all :D I have been buying more from the dreaded High Street, which seems to be working just as well as the expensive slop but is costing just a fraction of the price. Added to that, the current stuff I use was on BOGOF in Sainsbury's so I've loaded my cupboard up!

I have a big box of excess bits and bobs that came in past TSVs and kits. I'll be sending it on to my son in Bristol. He's a teacher so it'll find its way around a good number of people. Just goes to show how much I needed it after all!

Now can someone help me declutter my wardrobe? :D

PS AY mentioned, at the end of the day, that 5000 of the TSV had been sold. That seems pretty poor. I can think back to the days of Molton Brown where that many sold before the clocks had finished striking twelve!

All I want at the end of the day is a clean, comfortably moisturised skin.
For all other issues, I avoid my reading glasses or the magnifying mirror.
And I don't look down into any mirror!

But what is the "certain age" you're supposed to reach in order to qualify for scaring witless by AY into needing all these products? I'll not see 50 again, but don't need or want all these rich, heavy products they keep on trying to flog us. I've only got a few wrinkles, reasonably good texture and (so far) my skin hasn't sagged down to my knees. Much like most of us I guess!

Minim's advice was the best - never, ever look down into a mirror!!

All the presenters rave about the products but don't forget they get freebies, heard AY mention that clare had received a TSV percy and reid pack and loved it :cheeky: I bliddy would too if everything was free.

And Carmel was in their salon and had her hair all done, i"m sure that was a freebie also.

Still awful colour to me :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back