Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Finally, something a bit different from LG, Ultrasun, etc, etc.
Obviously I won't be buying, but it's nice to have something from a different brand for a change.

Okay going to say this. Bobbi Brown lipsticks (along with Nars), tend to develop the crayon smell which means its turning faster than other brands I own. Over the years I have had to throw out this brand along with Nars(the Audacious ones do last fine) more often, I have some Mac lipsticks which are still perfect they must be 10 years!!! Now the crayon smell and taste will do you no real harm but means the waxes are going off.

That's my experience too with BB lipsticks so I won't be buying (I also think the whole BB range is over-priced and relies heavily on the BB name to sell it once the brand was sold on). But free P&P has to be the best time to order from Q and decide for yourself.

The presentations will no doubt suggest we buy all 3 colours! Well who doesn't spend £103 on lippies on a regular basis! :mysmilie_12:

Thanks Donna255 & Akimbo! I will pass on the new BPOTM if that's the case & the smell would definitely put me off! Love the honest & helpful reviews on this forum.

I've got a couple of Joan Collins lipsticks if you like a strong look, I can recommend them.

I lurve Joan Collins' lipsticks, they're easily as good as Tom Ford and for considerably less money.

Okay going to say this. Bobbi Brown lipsticks (along with Nars), tend to develop the crayon smell which means its turning faster than other brands I own. Over the years I have had to throw out this brand along with Nars(the Audacious ones do last fine) more often, I have some Mac lipsticks which are still perfect they must be 10 years!!! Now the crayon smell and taste will do you no real harm but means the waxes are going off.

Yes, I've found this too both with the single lipsticks & the ones in the palettes that include eyeshadows & blush too.
Don't know if they harm you but they taste really nasty on your lips. So as not to waste the palettes, I've often scraped out the lipsticks & filled the space with other brand ones from a stick squashed down in the space. I've got far cheaper ones, like Revlon, older that are still fine.
I think a lot of her pinks are quite sludgy coloured too.

Tarketta you've given me an idea. I still have the old one, so when the new one arrives I shall weigh them both and post the photos on here.
I bet they are going to be the same weight in either case, whether they weigh 20g each or 24g each.

Marina, I may have missed it but what did you find when you weighed them? I decided to follow up with Q and ask them why there was a sticker on the bottom, could they confirm it was a fault in the LG factory that put the wrong label on as certainly it did not appear to weigh much more than the 20g B&B...been the requisite 72 hours and no response as yet, so I've sent another email. Will not be letting this one go as much as I like the product, I do feel like we're being swizzed!

Sued, what did you do re yours, did you go to Trading Standards and if so, have they replied?

That's my experience too with BB lipsticks so I won't be buying (I also think the whole BB range is over-priced and relies heavily on the BB name to sell it once the brand was sold on). But free P&P has to be the best time to order from Q and decide for yourself.

The presentations will no doubt suggest we buy all 3 colours! Well who doesn't spend £103 on lippies on a regular basis! :mysmilie_12:

Ha ha ! Chuntley has just suggested buying all 3 colours! She seems VERY desperate to get sales on this show- she keeps banging on about the great prices & how someone from America has asked about the free gold bag. Apparently it's only available at QVC.
OMG NEWSSFLASH!! Chuntley has just confessed to going into a Bobbi Brown store!!!! AND buying products!! Why would she do that if what she's just said is true? That you won't find these sorts of prices anywhere else? Just saying...

I'm definitely tempted by this months special, but what one do I get?
Original, rose or geranium?
I love Liz Earle & Decleor face oil, is the origina closest?

I'm definitely tempted by this months special, but what one do I get?
Original, rose or geranium?
I love Liz Earle & Decleor face oil, is the origina closest?

I only know the original version of the AD oil and the Liz Earle one, and let me tell you that the Liz Earle oil is quite strong in terms of smell, whereas the AD oil is more "subtle", yes, you smell something, but to my nose, it is more comfortable than Liz' oil, I prefer the AD smell.:) But as with everything else, each person has a different view / nose, I think, and I guess there is only one possibilty for you, just try it! :) If you cannot decide, there is also a collection with each of the three AD oils in 15ml, not too bad.;-)

Did anyone get to the bottom of the Laura Geller 20/24g fiasco?

After I complained again about the little sticker over the 20g, I had a very prompt and very apologetic call from Q's media team confirming that they were mislabelled in the LG factory and they put the 24g stickers over the wrong weight on the label. I can't say for sure if it is 24g but I decided to take Q's word for it as it did look like a packaging error rather than Q being duplicitous.

Latest posts

Back