beauty on a budget

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
Can anyone help me.I have been using decleor for a while but due to the credit crunch i can no longer afford the products.QVC has so many ranges that i do not know which to try as Alison Young says everything is fantastic so i am asking for some honest advice on what you have used.i am looking for the basic cleanse and moisturise routine. And it has to be a lot cheaper than decleor.:33:

If you want economy products I'd say forget QVC and go and have a look round your local stores, there are plenty of cheaper ranges that are just as good as the overpriced hyped up stuff they sell on shopping channels.

If you like Decleor, have you tried the AD Synergy oil instead of the Decleor oils? It really is fabulous and lasts forever and ever. Like all oils, a little goes a long way. It won top spot in the Green Beauty Bible this year, too. :)

doesnt aldi or netto or someone have a sell out cream for under £3.....mind you it could be my old age..........someone else could help on that one......if you can manage......try some clientele BUT buy off ebay.......& the states as well.....hope that helps

I am no expert on skincare it has to be said,though I have tried much that is out there.

I am not in the position to spend £50 on a moisturiser so tend to go for the medium price bracket stuff as a rule.

I have started using the Boots Protect and Perfect range recently and have to say that it is very nice,goes on nice and smooth and sinks into the skin.....some stuff seems to take an age to absorb which gets on my nerves!!

At the moment they have a 3 for 2 offer,so you can get the Protect and Perfect serum,day cream and night cream for about £39 all in....plus yer Boots points if you have a card.:1:

AS is it that you can't afford to buy Decleor from QVC? Decleor can be found on various online stores much cheaper than what QVC charges.

As you say you like Decleor, I think my first move would be to check out your local healthfood shop. It sounds daft, but they can stock a lot of skincare that has a similar natural philosophy behind it, but is generally quite a bit cheaper. Independant stores tend to be better than Holland & Barrat for skin care ranges, but if H&B is all you've got near you it's still worth a try. My local store even has testers out & I picked up some fabulous A'Kin stuff the other week for a lot less than QVC sell it for...

Can anyone help me.I have been using decleor for a while but due to the credit crunch i can no longer afford the products.QVC has so many ranges that i do not know which to try as Alison Young says everything is fantastic so i am asking for some honest advice on what you have used.i am looking for the basic cleanse and moisturise routine. And it has to be a lot cheaper than decleor.:33:

If you want to stay with Decleor but at considerably lower prices (many around 50% cheaper) and 95p p&p per item, try here:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?brand=Decleor&productSex=*&category=&pricerange=

They also stock the larger sizes too, making even better savings. I have been using them for nearly a year now and had no problems at all. Delivery usually takes 2 days, so much better than QVC!

Try tescos own range Skin Wisdom. Is made by Bharti She used to do a range on qvc. I got some night cream day cream and some other one reduced to £2.83 from £8. I also got an oil free one reduced to 82p which I have been using to try and is ok.I got them to try as when am in malaysia as I cannot get Philosophy or Elemis and quite a lot of the ranges in asia are different formulas especially for asian skin.Tesco will be my local supermarket so they might stock it over there. Give it a go nothing to lose as these prices.Think they had other items in the range reduced as well.

Ooooo I do think there are much cheaper ways of buying skincare than QVC.

I would suggest a site that I learnt about from Beauty Junkie - beautynaturals - fabulous range of skincare, they do small sizes to try before buying full sizes, some fantastic ranges and nothing is expensive even in the full sizes and they cover all skin concerns too.

Also another one of my faves, check out victoria health - they do some great ranges and if you go on the beautybible website you get get a 5% discount code. They also do a money back guarantee.

Greenpeople is a great affordable range of alll natural skincare too - they do small sizes to try also and free postage with your first order. Weleda is another great affordable range.

There are so many sites out there. I think QVC has a real captive audience but if you just have a browse on a search engine for skincare and limit your search to the UK for example you'll be amazed.

Welcome back Lady Tia! Where've you been hiding?

Hello :D:D
Ooo its my new job - crazy so i hardly get time to post Mon to Fri esp but still have quick look ins through the day

However, when I see skincare and where can I buy the temptation is just too much to bear and I have to put in my two penneth worth :)

I was in John Lewis recently, I saw this and thought of you

http://www.allofmyheart.co.uk/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2033

I love spaceform glass and it is so cute :p:p

Hello :D:D
Ooo its my new job - crazy so i hardly get time to post Mon to Fri esp but still have quick look ins through the day

However, when I see skincare and where can I buy the temptation is just too much to bear and I have to put in my two penneth worth :)

I was in John Lewis recently, I saw this and thought of you

http://www.allofmyheart.co.uk/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2033

I love spaceform glass and it is so cute :p:p

Oh that is SO cute! I think I may have to get one :):) It's very nice to see you back anyway. You and Choppy (and Iclaudipuss etc) have been missed.

There was a program on Channel 4 a good few months ago, and it showed that skin creams do not prevent the skin aging. Not at all.
You can buy a £3 moisturiser and it will do the same job as a £60 one.

Yes I think you need to wear a good broadspectrum sunscreen every day to prevent aging. I'm sure I read somewhere as well that Creme De La Mer is like Nivea - but in a much more expensive pot!

Oh that is SO cute! I think I may have to get one :):) It's very nice to see you back anyway. You and Choppy (and Iclaudipuss etc) have been missed.

isn't it - it is small but chunky and solid and soooo pretty.

I have bought spaceform as gifts and i think they are beautuiful and very well made.

John Lewis sell them but I have to say the allofmyheart website is very good, fast, friendly service etc.

thanks - its nice to hear i was missed at least a little bit :eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back