Beauty help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
Qvc have all sorts of brands that claim to help with open pores. What i need is something that will help to stop them getting bigger and not so deep looking. Or is it that once you have them you can never get rid. If any one has any good results using any products please share with me please x

Don't think that pores can actually disappear, but if you try not to over- clean the skin (which only encourages the production of more oil which blocks pores) something like cleanse & polish and if you must tone try instant boost dkin tonic. That will ensure your skin is clean but not stripped. Then use whatever moisturiser suits your skin, but if it is oily try the light version of skin repair or Emma Hardie Lighter lotion. For make up a primer will really help, and I would use Bare Minerals foundation followed by mineral veil to help minimise those pores.

I would keep it as simple as that to start off with.

Good luck!

My pores are clean but i have used bare minerals powders and i find that they make them look worse. Mind you i dont use a primer as i thought silicone was bad for your skin. I am using Elemis cream cleanser followed by instant boost tonic then L.E. for dry skin.

I have read quite a few complaints about BE making pores and wrinkles look worse. There are primers with no silicone, I think Smashbox version for sensitive skin? Its more like a cream texture.

I use Alpha H products which have glycolic in them. I feel it's definitely made a difference. I use cleanse and polish twice a day which keeps the pores scrupulously clean. I use LE oil and moisturiser. I always use a primer (smashbox Poreless usually or philosophy The Present)as a barrier between make-up and skin. I use LG balance and brighten and blusher every day. My pores are less noticeable now than they've ever been.

I use Alpha H products which have glycolic in them. I feel it's definitely made a difference. I use cleanse and polish twice a day which keeps the pores scrupulously clean. I use LE oil and moisturiser. I always use a primer (smashbox Poreless usually or philosophy The Present)as a barrier between make-up and skin. I use LG balance and brighten and blusher every day. My pores are less noticeable now than they've ever been.

Agree with this - alpha h liquid gold is fab and has done wonders for my pores, I don't use the rest of the alpha h system at the moment, but I slot it into my routine and now use it a couple of nights a week.

Benefit's PoreFessional is a lovely primer.My daughter has found it really helps her open pores.

Last edited:
I use Skin Doctors Retanew (cheap on Cheapsmells.com) & it has really smoothed my pores out. The wrinkles are not as deep as they would be without it too. My pores, especially on my cheeks are very smooth.

A bit of a tip on BE highlighting what you don't want highlighting. It's more noticeable for me if I'm using one that's too light. I use fairly light in winter, medium beige most of the time and medium tan in the summer. Fairly light really does have to be for my really pale days otherwise it really does highlight my pores. I often warm it up with medium beige and my pores appear less obvious. I don't have a real problem with open pores but it's more of an issue if I'm going too pale on the colour.

That may not help but it's worth a try if you already have a darker/warmer shade "in stock".

Benefit's PoreFessional is a lovely primer.My daughter has found it really helps her open pores.

If it helps, glamour magazine has a sampler of porefessional free in the July edition (comes out at the beginning of June). The other options are their normal primer (sorry don't know the name off the top of my head) and bad gal mascara. Not bad to be able to try for £2 and the magazine is pretty entertaining!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My pores are clean but i have used bare minerals powders and i find that they make them look worse. Mind you i dont use a primer as i thought silicone was bad for your skin. I am using Elemis cream cleanser followed by instant boost tonic then L.E. for dry skin.

I have exactly the same problem. If I use Bare Escentuals my nose looks like a strawberry - the pores fill up and look like those little seed things. Not a nice look ! Never found a primer that prevents this.

Latest posts

Back