Beauty Days - How many is too many?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

(mum writes)

I used to love the beauty shows, I'd even take time off work to see something special, but now it's all just the same old handful of brands and products constantly rotated round. And on top of that, you can now find 95% of QVC's products elsewhere for far less money, less P&P and faster service. Take, for example, Lulu's Youth Juice - QVC sell it for just over £30 with £3.95 P&P. I buy the same product from a trusted eBay shop for £18, P&P free and products are usually delivered within 48 hours.

My rant is Debbie Flint (and others, but she is the worst). Perricone Cleanser is "great value in a size never to be seen again, Why not buy two?" Oh sure, these are just under £50 (inc P&P) each so I'm sure we all have a spare £100 floating about, just for a cleanser. And if you do spend that sort of money, QVC will actually give you half off the second P&P. Oh wow! Of course, every other company out there would most likely give you free P&P for that sort of order value. It's even more galling to see it all repeated on the beauty "channel" with JF who cannot, cannot, cannot live without it. I know they live in a different world to most of us but I do wish they'd stop shoving their affluence down our throats. As you can guess, I don't watch much any more.

QVC - socks - pull them up!

Not that I have bought too much on Ebay in the past (the odd mini tube of PCMC and few Decleor/Gatineau bits), but after reading an article in the press recently, I will NEVER be tempted to buy cosmetics or make up on Ebay, never again!
Here is the link, scary:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...40k-toxic-Chinese-imitations-make-brands.html

Yes, it is scary stuff, but Leanne Wertheim is the exception rather than the rule.

However, if you really want a scare, just have look at what some of the skincare/ cosmetic houses actually put in some of their ranges.
Toxic man!
Some of the anti-aging stuff is positively frightening
All legitimate.

I have bought loads from ebay over the years. But their are certain brands you need to be very very very careful of as they are 99% faked.

MAC
Chanel

So many companies actually have their products made in Chinese factories anyway. I have heard of two areas, one the official brand stuff is made and in the other copies which then go on to ebay.

Chanel have a very tight control on all their ranges so usually does not appear on the grey market as its called.

Latest posts

Back