Beauty brands which have come and gone...and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
Just thought it might be fun to list the beauty/skincare brands which used to be the bees knees and have since disappeared! I find myself occasionally going 'oh yeah, they sied to sell x, wonder why that went'.

So far I can think of:

Molton Brown (who knows?!)

Mojave Magic

Ecotan (maybe coz it was rubbish)

Michael Di Cesare

Stila (don't think they ever promoted it enough)

Any others? There must be loads!

Tx

Super nail - Zoya

ps I love Ecotan - it is not rubbish IMHO

I didn't know they'd ever had Zoya!

hehe..horses for courses eh? I found it very hard to get on with, but then I struggle with all fake tans except Liz Earle's!

O yeah, the Ultraglow man!
And Dr. Denese (?) I seem to remember that went because of a legal thing - she was a doctor recommending a product or she wasn't a doctor and was calling herself one....don't remember.
And we haven't seen Bobbi Brown stuff for ages....
Remember Nads?
Then there were celebrity products: seem to remember Victoria Principle, Farrah Fawcett, Patsy Palmer's tanning stuff...

Brenda Christian..............loved the eyebrow pencil.

Remember the Ultraglow man dropping in the fascinating fact that funeral parlours like to use it to "warm up" the faces of their cadavers. The poor presenter told him that QVC customers didn't need to know that.

Remember the Ultraglow man dropping in the fascinating fact that funeral parlours like to use it to "warm up" the faces of their cadavers. The poor presenter told him that QVC customers didn't need to know that.

OMG:11:that's a classic even by QVC standards!

and talking of celebrity ranges, Twiggy had a skincare range that rapidly bit the dust too!

:rolleyes:
No but maybe some of the other presenters do.Ali Keenan stand up please.

Stila have pulled out of the UK it seems.

Pout the company went down the drain.

Mojave Magic Michael Maron sold the company and it went. It has made a limited appearance recently on QVC US again.

Supernails/Zoya went to IW and appeared once.

Michael Di Ceasare fell out with QVC US and moved to the HSN channel. So he went from here too. Appears now and then on IW.

Molton Brown decided to go up market and QVC did not fit their bill.

Some new Brenda Christian stuff has appeared.
Bobbi Brown does not appear much, she had never been on QVC UK she does do QVC US though. But now often either.

Laura Mercier appeared on QVC US yesterday for the first time. So she might come here too?

FX the company went down the drain.

Nick still appears on QVC US, think he did not do so well over here. Not a far of his range, or Di Cearse either.

Ariane Poole (defected to Ideal World!)

Dermablend

Temple Spa

By the way, loads of Stila cosmetics in my local T J Hughes last week, each item priced at around £4! Was very good and just bought one lip glaze :)

Tony & Tina ... went bust apparently, but you can still get it on various websites.

Didn't Joan Rivers have a skincare range on a few years ago?

Aveda

Crem (U.S. brand, but didn't last long).

Kanebo

Ella Bache (or was that I.W)?

There was a salon skincare brand, think it was Pureology.

Ren

Latest posts

Back