Beauty Bash 2017

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Preebs

Registered Shopper
It's that time of year (usually around bonfire night) that the invites are sent out for the BB in January. However, I saw somewhere on the their site that they are skipping it next year! Anyone know more about this please?

People are still asking about how to get tickets every week on their Facebook page. To save trouble they should have a sticky at the top saying no BB in 2017(and no doubt after that too), they don't answer but leave to others to answer the question too.

People are still asking about how to get tickets every week on their Facebook page. To save trouble they should have a sticky at the top saying no BB in 2017(and no doubt after that too), they don't answer but leave to others to answer the question too.

Agree. They don't even have the decency to acknowledge the questions with their "..reshaping and re-imagining..." tosh/cringeworthy, cut and paste answer

I never have any holidays left from work but I managed to save one for this & then I find out a couple of months ago they aren't doing it next year. Typical. lol!

I've not been to the Beauty Bash, but went to one of the Craft Experiences. Surely the only big expense for QVC would be the hire of the venue? I'd imagine the suppliers would give their time and samples of their brand for the goody bags for free, as QVC is probably an important account to most of them. At the Craft Experience they teased loads of kits that were coming up, thus encouraging us to look out for them and order as soon as they went live. I think they are, yet again, being shortsighted, as - done right - these events must inspire customer loyalty. I'd have thought the cost of hosting them would have been a drop in the ocean to Q, and - even if it wasn't - it's the only thing they have ever done to reward their best customers and show them their business is appreciated. If people are feeling hard done by that they've cancelled it, the "reason" will only enrage them further! I think Q think that customers are produced on a conveyor belt similar to the one they've got churning out identikit presenters. Who cares if they lose old customers, in their unassailable position they’ll just get new ones, right?

Or next time if they hold one they make everyone pay.

The companies may be p*ssed off with the way QVC are running, no samples allowed to be given at the stands etc? Or the companies on QVC most have been there a long time now with the odd newbie coming to the BB just do not want to do it now.

They have always insisted that it random who gets free tickets, yeah right as the same people just happened to go each time especially if a member of a certain group on Facebook run by the bestie of a presenter.

QVC no longer care about upsetting customers, anyway it really peed off customers who did not happen to live close to London and surrounding counties. Those in Scotland or Northern Ireland would cost a fortune just to get there then have to stay over night. What for some samples?

The Jewellery one only lasted a few years and has now gone. A friend's sister got an invite and I was asked if I wanted to come, no. So like it BB will now quietly disappear, or perhaps the Daily Mail will run the whole thing with QVC and a smaller partner.

About 10 years ago I went to a Pilates event, it was held in the studios, but we were given lunch and a goody bag, the goody bag had different bits in not all Pilates related!

I was considering going to the BB and only heard recently that they are not doing it this year!
Wonder why not, does anyone know?

The stock answer from Q. They have decided to rest the BB, same as BCC event the latter just not happening any more(could be the dirty deeds of certain QVC presenter making them cancel the auction. Then the suddenly missing crown from the year before that. Have made BCC think about working with them again? Just selling stuff online for them instead). But do not worry they will be back bigger and better in the future( in other words don't hold your breath as it will quietly never appear again).

QVC will not comment or give more information on the subject.

TBH any ofthe Q do's are only for people within easy travelling distance from London which can make others feel like 2nd class customers and if you think about it they are likely to have less access to big stores so are their target audience.

Of course if you are a groupie time and distance holds no barriers.

The stock answer from Q. They have decided to rest the BB, same as BCC event the latter just not happening any more(could be the dirty deeds of certain QVC presenter making them cancel the auction. Then the suddenly missing crown from the year before that. Have made BCC think about working with them again? Just selling stuff online for them instead). But do not worry they will be back bigger and better in the future( in other words don't hold your breath as it will quietly never appear again).

QVC will not comment or give more information on the subject.

I was reading one of Ali Keenan's blog posts. Apparently they have made more money for BCC this year without the dedicated event, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't revive it.

TBH any ofthe Q do's are only for people within easy travelling distance from London which can make others feel like 2nd class customers and if you think about it they are likely to have less access to big stores so are their target audience.

Of course if you are a groupie time and distance holds no barriers.

Me and my friend went for the first time this year as I got two free tickets. Bit of a faff to get there but I was surprised that there were ladies there who had flown from Scotland and others travelled from all corners of the country and it seemed the main aim of most of those there was to get a selfie with a presenter. We didn't want any of them as a friend so actively avoided seeking a presenter out but they do have groupies. I found it quite embarrassing how desperate some were to speak to them. The blonde American from Tarte was the only one we spoke to and only because as we were having a nose at the makeup she collared us and did a colour match for us. Wonder if they'd be as desperate to befriend the girls behind the beauty counters at department stores.

Latest posts

Back