BB skin tint balm-is it greasy, does it cover?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

angiebabe1

Registered Shopper
Am quite tempted with this as I work outdoors and could do with the moisture and protection, but am concerened it could look greasy, but need some coverage.
Anyone tried it?

I used it before, have normal but sensitive skin and it does give quite a sheen so I used Tinted Mineral Veil over it. I like it but don't use it regularly now as gone back to BE. Definately moisturises but gives no cover! I would advise anyone who wants to see what the products are like to go to a department store to try rather than buy from QVC to try!

You can see on Bobbi Brown website where the nearest store is to u and why don't u ask for a tester - I got this before I bought some other stuff!

Am quite tempted with this as I work outdoors and could do with the moisture and protection, but am concerened it could look greasy, but need some coverage.
Anyone tried it?

Hi there, I would definately try a tester. I had a makeover at a BB counter and asked that they use this because I was interested in purchasing, I liked the idea of a high SPF. What I found was that it is much more greasy than they ever say, I mean I have a combo skin which is dry on cheeks but really I looked like an oil slick! It is also very highly fragranced, it's not a bad smell but it does stick around. I did buy this, but it didn't work out for me, and as it is quite heavy I would go to a BB counter and try it. Another thing is that it does not really offer any coverage.
Hope that helps

I've used this quite a lot. I have sensitive skin which is only occasionally oily but not particularly dry. On a bad day - ie when my rosey cheeks are more apparent I find I need to wear a concealer underneath in certain patches, but on a good day, or when I feel more casual I don't bother so much. The finish is quite moist looking so if you do have oily skin or prefer a matte finish I would not recommend it. But again, what one of us calls oily might not be what someone else does, so I agree with jamn, I'd suggest (if possible) going to a BB counter and trying it out. Of course you could use the QVC money back guarantee if you didn't get on with it.

I alternate between this and BE and I really like it. It does give some coverage, more than many tinted moisturisers, but not as much as a foundation. It's a balm and is very rich, but you don't need to use much. I like it as it leaves my skin quite moist (most makeup can tend to go a bit chalky on me) but I wouldn't say it's greasy.

It also has a fairly strong scent (quite lavendary) but I believe it has essential oils in so that's probably why and it's not unpleasant.

I wouldn't use it if I had really oily skin, but for my normal/dry skin, it's good. The fact you don't need much is a bonus really, as it's not cheap.

Latest posts

Back