Bare Escentuals TSV 14/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can I ask how lily lolo compare to Bare Escentuals? Where do you get it?

I get it direct from their website. One of the girls on here suggested it as and alternative (Donna I thinK?).

It looks a bit coarser than BE when you first shake it out but its fine once the brush does its work. I have been very happy with it - cheaper and you can buy little sample pots to find a good colour match. Im really happy with it all in all.

I get it direct from their website. One of the girls on here suggested it as and alternative (Donna I thinK?).

It looks a bit coarser than BE when you first shake it out but its fine once the brush does its work. I have been very happy with it - cheaper and you can buy little sample pots to find a good colour match. Im really happy with it all in all.

thank you
sorry message is too short,:whew:
so saying thank you again before I can post it :smirk:

I didn't go for this, as BE sometimes makes my skin feel a bit prickly. Shame really because I like the coverage etc. Apparently its the Bismuth Oxychloride(?) that it contains. Thought the TSV seemed good value and was almost tempted, but I know I'll regret it if I start feeling a bit itchy again.

I've used LilyLolo too. They do have far more shades than BE (too many really!) but you can order little samples of different colours for a small cost. Gives a very similar, if not quite so "shiny" finish as the BE.

I do find most mineral foundation a little drying though, but that's probably just my skin!

I ordered it in Fairly Light - have wanted to try the mineral veil and although the shade of BE I have in Light wasn't exactly the right shade, out of all the mineral foundations I have tried, it gave me the best coverage.

Can I ask how lily lolo compare to Bare Escentuals? Where do you get it?

I love my LilyLolo - get it direct from their website, the sample sizes of foundation last ages! And their fullsize pots are great value. A friend recommended Elemental Beauty to me, they do sample 'bullets' of foundation and they do it in two formulations 'healing' and 'soft focus' depending on coverage and your skins needs. I had two sample sizes both of which are still going and can be mixed. They give great coverage and are slightly less 'grainy' then the LilyLolo stuff and more hydrating.

I like MF, but not the BE version, as the Bismuth irritates my skin. My skin can take a lot, i never have any breakouts, but the BE mineral foundation is not suited for my skin.

I have used Lily Lolo, great site and good selection of colours, it is a little dry and a sheer coverage. Love their finishing powder too.
I order now from Madminerals, a US site, they have an excellent selection and fast shipping too. The powders are not drying and my skin looks flawless. I blend 2-3 colours to get the perfect shade. The even have a liquid MF which I am very tempetd to try.
I want to order eyeshadows, but the selection is huge and I don't know where to start.

Well I just couldn't resist - but I didn't try too hard. Fairly light TSV is winging its way to me as we speak. Fantastic value. Love love love watching SJ and Ali - although I think Ali tries to dress like SJ when they are together and doesn't quite hit the heights ! Anyway loved the day watching all the BE shows. Long time till the next BE TSV me thinks. Sigh.

I missed it. I was out for the day and forgot about it totally as I'm not watching as much QVC these days which is doing wonders for cutting back on impulse buys! I really only needed foundation so may give one of the alternatives mentioned above a try. I do like BE but have dozens of little pots to get through so don't really need to add to the jumble in my make up box for a while!

BE makes me itch too? I do like the medium BE though. I use everyday minerals and meow cosmetics and get them shipped over from america. You can get samples first. They are both fantastic and have lots of colors of mineral foundation and fab eye colour especially meow. They also have a great flat top brush, which I think makes all the difference.

Last edited:
Wow my TSV has been delivered this morning!!!! I did order another set but that didn't come, hope it does when my hubby is out eeeek!!

to help with the itching i use a primer. my fav is the philosophy supernatural.
i then use mineral veil then foundation the cover with mineral viel again.

as i am now using ahpha-h my skin is looking amazing so i dont even need the foundation.

Latest posts

Back