Bamix & Vitamix

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think QVC used to sell Bamix, didn't Mike Saint demo it, about 15 years ago? Ideal World will be flogging that stretchy hose and Karcher window thingy even more to fill the gaps.

i love my vitamix..it is a ..wait for it ....a considered purchase.....but it will last my years...its noisy but worth it...can mke loads of lovley delicious smoothies soups ....if you make lots of thse things it would be such a useful blender .....too tall for the dishwasher but i always soak and rinse on full power straight away and this usually does the trick....wouldnt even sniff another make now ...99% sure anyway :happy:

I agree S/B, I was sucked in by the sales pitch, and then too late I realised it wasn't quite up to the job of working in a proper mixing bowl (or I've been using it wrongly). That's why you get a supply of beakers, to use those for the mixing !!!

Have now got a proper mixer - Artisan Kitchenaid in baby pink ! yeah !!!!!!

I hope it is not cheaper than I paid on IW! It is vastly overpriced, and I've only managed to thicken skimmed milk a few times, seems it has to be almost at freezing point to work.

I think QVC used to sell Bamix, didn't Mike Saint demo it, about 15 years ago? Ideal World will be flogging that stretchy hose and Karcher window thingy even more to fill the gaps.

My first thoughts too as I never see anything other than Tefal fryer, Bamix or Karcher every time I look at IW

I bought a Jack La Lane power juicer in 1999. It was amazing the first few times but trying to clean it was a bug bear of mine. In the end it started going mouldy and I threw it out. Think it was over £100 even back then!

I had a jack la lane too ! it had more parts to clean than the space station.

Don't forget that stuff that cleans the inside of boilers and pipes !!!!!

I love my Bamix. Had it now for about 4 years. Bought it from a local kitchen shop. The quality far outstrips the cheapies in Tesco. It's metal for starters, not a plastic body. It's great for whizzing up home made soup. I use it directly in the pot. I don't use it everyday but it does get used and it ain't died on me yet!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

IW tend to bring out their own versions of items they sell - the original manufacturers must get p*ssed off and look for new avenues to sell their wares.

Yes, only last night they were selling Chef Tony (but he isnt a real chefs) blender, and it looked exactly the same as a bamix, couldnt reallly tell the difference. Wonder if Mike will be guesting the Bamix hours, as he is the guy who demos them at shows. If so expect some rowdy hours

Just to set the record straight, there are various Bamix models, some are not too expensive.

IW sell the SWISSLINE which is supposed to be exclusive to them or the Bamix website, where it cost over £200 when I last looked.

It is supposed to be much faster than any other blenders at 18,000 revs per minute, and is supposed to be sealed and waterproof. It also has a curly cord.

BTW, it is made of plastic, and the mixing part doesn't detach so that makes cleaning more difficult.

Me too Strato. I was particularly underwhelmed by it and generously gave it to my daughter. One very expensive stick blender imho, I bought the top of the range silverline one thinking it would be amazing but sadly no:(

We used to have one and it's as good as a stick blender will be...you are really paying for the reliability of the motor which is ore important in professional kitchens where a lot of Bamixs are sold. Not as important if it's being used a few times a week. We sold ours and got a cheaper Philips one which is just as good.

My Bamix is metal. You can also unscrew the long metal bit to wash it. I paid about £100 for it in a kitchen shop, and was completely oblivious to the fact it was being on IW (which I don't watch). I think it's a great bit of kit. I forgot to mention the chopper attachment which I use regularly to make breadcrumbs or chop nuts/ garlic/onion.

I'm happy with mine and consider it worth the money. I like to cook a lot and its a useful tool.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back